I know there is another post in this but I thought I'd add a different dimension and update the approach to the Tim's card.

By now most of you are aware of the BlackBerry App for TH. I have noticed in the past month or so that when I say "paying with my Tim's card" while I'm holding my BlackBerry that the sales associate reaches for their handheld scanner... I say "umm, no, I'm using my BlackBerry". This often requires some educating...

The scanner is for the iPhone...

With the significant number of iPhone's out there we BlackBerry users will continually come back to educating the staff at TH.

Today I tried a new strategy and it worked far better than expected. When I was asked to pay my response was "I'll be paying with my BlackBerry Tim's Card". The TH employee knew exactly what to do and the iSheep around me were like "WTF, how do I do that on my phone". I promptly replied "sorry, that's a no go for the iPhone".

I'm proud to use this phone and encourage every BlackBerry user to be loud and proud of their amazing BlackBerry.

Posted using my amazing and intelligent Z10
    04-19-14 09:05 AM
    Nice. I love these stories.
    04-19-14 09:09 AM
    I can't get this to work at all on my Q10. There is no where to add a credit card (it says to hit the "+" sign but there isn't one). Also, after adding a Timcard with a $10 balance it shows a balance of $0. I attempted to sign in online but it can't find my account, even though they sent me a confirmation email. ???

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-19-14 10:51 AM
    On the Tim Hortons app you can now use a barcode, like iOS. Or tap to pay.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 10:54 AM
    I like using the nfc tap and not the bar code.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 11:32 AM
    Anyone using it on a Q10?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-19-14 11:59 AM
    I just say "i'll be paying with my Tim Card" and hold my phone low enough so the staff doesn't see it. And then I quickly tap my phone where the card is supposed to go.

The response I always get is amazing. I make sure to say it works with BlackBerry 10 and Android ONLY.
    Then I add, it does not work with IPHONE.

I like that experience more than the coffee.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 12:15 PM
    On the Tim Hortons app you can now use a barcode, like iOS. Or tap to pay.

Posted via CB10
    The barcode(QR) should be banned. I regularly go to Starbucks and see a line of people at 9:00am ready with their QR codes in hand.

Anyone can easily take a snapshot of someone else's QR code and hijack their tab.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 12:21 PM
    Always state to Tim's that you are using a Tim's card when using NFC payment or it won't work.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 12:29 PM
    I had this problem with just one timmies in Edmonton, they wanted to figure out how to scan my phone. This was before the app update, and they had not seen a tap to pay BlackBerry yet :/

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 12:38 PM
    I can't get this to work at all on my Q10. There is no where to add a credit card (it says to hit the "+" sign but there isn't one). Also, after adding a Timcard with a $10 balance it shows a balance of $0. I attempted to sign in online but it can't find my account, even though they sent me a confirmation email. ???

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling? Maybe check the other thread for more Q10 owners.

I don't go to Tims very much (if I'm buying coffee I prefer mcds) but I used it several times at Christmas after getting gift cards. I went to a few different stores in town and taught the staff how to do it. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 01:05 PM
    Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling? Maybe check the other thread for more Q10 owners.

I don't go to Tims very much (if I'm buying coffee I prefer mcds) but I used it several times at Christmas after getting gift cards. I went to a few different stores in town and taught the staff how to do it. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I did. I then went to the website and signed up with very same info I gave on the app. It let me. I then added my credit card. It still doesn't show on the app.

Oh well, no big deal.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-19-14 01:17 PM
    I just tell them I'm paying with a Tim's Card and then tap my phone. I love that every time I do it everybody around me freaks out. It's nice having something that only BlackBerry 's can do for a change.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 01:45 PM
    Where I usually buy my morning tim's on the weekend there is a cute bloke that used to say "you're the only one with a BlackBerry" but now when I pay he actually tells his colleagues "Watch, with the BlackBerry you can tap to pay...". I may still be the only one but instead of my Z30 being "unpopular" his attitude seems to be that my Z30 is unique and has capabilities other devices lack. That's a small step forward if you ask me.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 01:55 PM
    I always say when i'm done paying and the teller is looking amazed, "The power of BlackBerry"
    04-19-14 01:55 PM
    All good stuff. I really believe that every opportunity to market and basically show off the NFC of BlackBerry 10 is a step in the right direction. Individually it's not much but collectively it's very, very powerful.

When you think of it this app creates an opportunity to advertise. I can't think of anything else that publicly brings attention in such a positive way.

Posted using my amazing and intelligent Z10
    04-19-14 10:54 PM
    I use my Timmy Me app daily. I get the same reactions as the everyone else has. People look and are fascinated when I tap to pay.

They are especially fascinated when I tell them, no, it's not a Samsung, it's a BlackBerry Z30. I smile and they look like they just saw Bigfoot.

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 likes this.
    04-20-14 12:55 AM