10-25-18 09:07 PM
    Tim needs to come clean about what he gave up for Apple to operate in China. He is being hypocritical and sanctimonious.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    10-25-18 09:28 PM
    Even though he's 100% right, it's a completely self-serving position for Apple to take, since their business isn't built on user data the way Google's is. But Apple is nonetheless culpable for legitimizing data-mining apps in the Apple app store.

If he wanted to, he could change the terms and conditions for app developers on the app store to require them to offer the consumer protection for which he's advocating. But Apple is never going to put their money where their mouth is and take the hit.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-25-18 09:31 PM
    Exactly. It's just like Chen complaining about apps being platform-agnostic and then not releasing BB apps for other platforms. "Do as I say, not as I do."
    cribble2k likes this.
    10-26-18 03:14 AM
    Indeed, but it is important that more and more tech people come out and point to the problem. Maybe soon they'll start fixing it, because things can't continue much longer like this.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-18 07:13 AM
    Exactly. It's just like Chen complaining about apps being platform-agnostic and then not releasing BB apps for other platforms. "Do as I say, not as I do."
    What like Docs-to-go? Nope. Available on all platforms.
    10-30-18 03:40 AM
    Like BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suites? Again all platforms.
    10-30-18 03:42 AM
    Nevermind Data for a moment Timmy.(whilst I concur it is worrisome down the road just a little) ...can you get the endless landline phone calls to end?? Oops that takes careful gov't regulation, the free market can call you 5 times a day all they want - hang up from a number which you cannot return the call, I'll never buy their stuff, but they don't seem to care and keep calling. Either that or its china, india and the phillipines or localized Arabia on the line. (Oh says I, "I thought most of those people were too poor" to be calling all the time, apparantly not).
    Everybody get ready for China's very creepy "Social Credit System"....
    https://www.brookings.edu/blog/techt...-transactions/
    10-30-18 05:11 AM
    Within a day of the Pittsburgh terrorist attack, thousands of antisemitic posts appeared on Instagram. A large number of those are likely Russian and/or Iranian agents/trolls sowing social discord to weaken American society, but social networks have made it easy for these agents to connect with previously isolated crazies and hate-mongers to egg them on.

The loud, transgessive and abnormal will always get more attention than calm, civil and normal. When it cost money to print your ideas, crazy was drowned out by sane in the marketplace. But in the digital world, crazy is free. That's why there seems to be so much more of it.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    10-30-18 09:12 AM
    I trust Apple with my data just as much as I do BlackBerry and TCL.
    10-30-18 06:19 PM
    What like Docs-to-go? Nope. Available on all platforms.
    All, as it native apps for WinPhone and Sailfish? Or only for "all MAJOR, RELEVANT platforms"? Because those are two VERY different things, and Chen was clearly arguing for the former in the referenced article.
    10-30-18 06:25 PM
    Actually I think WinPhone was included....Sailfish? I don't think anybody has ever heard of it, outside of the Linux nerd crowd, I would guess. Not to disparage it, but exactly what are it's sales figures? Sure go ahead and throw it a plug in this forum, all the power to you. Winphone and bb10 though were potential contenders in the early highly fragmented but (Apple/Google) dominated smartphone os marketplace each clearly and distintively rising above the soupy mix of the primordal start-up territory, not much if anything has actually bubbled up from it to date.
    10-30-18 09:24 PM
    Actually I think WinPhone was included....Sailfish? I don't think anybody has ever heard of it, outside of the Linux nerd crowd, I would guess. Not to disparage it, but exactly what are it's sales figures? Sure go ahead and throw it a plug in this forum, all the power to you. Winphone and bb10 though were potential contenders in the early highly fragmented but (Apple/Google) dominated smartphone os marketplace each clearly and distintively rising above the soupy mix of the primordal start-up territory, not much if anything has actually bubbled up from it to date.
    Still waiting for Hub on iPhone*.

https://crackberry.com/blackberry-ou...e-and-services

*It's not coming lol.
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    10-30-18 11:02 PM
    *It's not coming lol.
    As always, iPhones are the total opposite of Blackberrys
    10-31-18 04:41 AM