Today I visited a Staple store in New York. While looking at the binders, I heard two staples associates talking about phones. So I jumped into the conversation and said, "You know that the BlackBerry Z10 is coming in March" One of the associate answered, "yes I know. I can not wait for the Z10 to come out in March. I have been using the Iphone 4s for quit some time now because Blackberry fell behind. I have been waiting for a new phone from BlackBerry, because It is the best in communication and security." So I said to the associate, you are right. No only that but more than 70000 apps are available already. The associate said, "I don't really use many apps anyways". So, hearing this type of comments, especially in a store that is only pushing phones with Android operating system is very positive.
    Last edited by Aguilucho; 02-06-13 at 10:53 AM.
    02-05-13 06:57 PM
    sounds good, playbookers have been waiting a long time fir QNX/BB10 to get its deserved recognition!!!
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-05-13 07:00 PM
    I had a similar experience at work today. Talking to a co-worker who used to have a BB and moved to an iPhone. When I told him I was waiting for the new BB's, he said "I heard about them, they sound pretty nice". He then went on to say how much he missed his BB. If he fixes my computer tomorrow, I may let him play with mine when it arrives.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-05-13 07:03 PM
    If BlackBerry properly markets the BlackBerry Z10 it could prove to be the product that saved BlackBerry from irrelevance. There are deficiencies such as BlackBerry Bridge functionality with the BlackBerry PlayBook; this must me rectified without delay and no excuse will suffice. Notifications is another glaring oversight for which the developers deserve a thousand lashes with a wet noddle and a kick in the **** from the steel-toed boot wearing girl we met in another thread.
    02-05-13 07:03 PM
    Tmi dude Tmi ....I do hope you get your computer fixed though.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    BergerKing and Barljo like this.
    02-05-13 07:05 PM
    Tmi dude Tmi ....I do hope you get your computer fixed though.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    That's "Dudette" my friend.
    BergerKing and bbfan1040 like this.
    02-05-13 07:08 PM
    Not in America but many iphone/Samsung users i know have expressed their interest too. I have this feeling that people never really liked their iPhones but had just gone for it because it is the latest available (at that time). You can imagine how much people must have loved their blackberries to have stuck with it through out and still feel nostalgic.
    ctuffy likes this.
    02-05-13 07:13 PM
    Not in America but many iphone/Samsung users i know have expressed their interest too. I have this feeling that people never really liked their iPhones but had just gone for it because it is the latest available (at that time). You can imagine how much people must have loved their blackberries to have stuck with it through out and still feel nostalgic.
    Yes, that is how I feel too. I had a couple of Droids, but BB was always in the back of my mind.

Been telling all kinds of people about it. :-)
    02-05-13 07:38 PM
    I had a similar experience at work today. Talking to a co-worker who used to have a BB and moved to an iPhone. When I told him I was waiting for the new BB's, he said "I heard about them, they sound pretty nice". He then went on to say how much he missed his BB. If he fixes my computer tomorrow, I may let him play with mine when it arrives.
    Oh you are So going to have to come back and give us feedback on what he thought of playing with the coolest phone in the world.
    02-06-13 02:08 AM
    Today I visited a Staple store in New York. While looking at the binders, I heard two staples associates talking about phones. So I jumped into the conversation and said, "You know that the BlackBerry Z10 is coming in March" One of the associate answered, "yes I know. I can not wait for the Z10 to come out in March. I have been using the Iphone 4s for quit some time now because Blackberry fell behind. I have been waiting for a new phone from BlackBerry, because It is the best in communication and security." So I said to the associate, you are right. No only that but more than 700000 apps are available already. The associate said, "I don't really use many apps anyways". So, hearing this type of comments, especially in a store that is only pushing phones with Android operating system is very positive.
    700000. Wouldn't that be something lol
    02-06-13 02:10 AM
    Was talking to a friend of mine who asked me why I didn't have an iPhone 5 since I'm such a phone geek. My new program manager walks in and sits down. Then after she listens to me explain that I will wait to see what the next iPhone is about, she tells me that she would suggest that I keep my eyes open for a new BB coming out. She said to not make any decisions and tells me to visit crackberry.com for information.
    I just about fell out of my chair laughing.
    Then I showed her my profile here.
    Very fun moment.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    02-06-13 04:04 AM
    Walking though the mall on Monday I overheard 3 septate groups of teens commenting about "the new blackberry". The tone suggested they were excited.
    02-06-13 05:40 AM
    I gotta say I made the mistake of trying android, and switched from BB. But droids are terrible with color and battery and BB couldn't do my apps/videos so I tried iPhone after Jobs passed and have been on it since. I'm really excited about BB10 too, even if the color is a little off I'll probably switch back. Hoping to win a free one from the contests this month even though I'll have to wait until march

And I was talking to someone out BB10 and be thinks its too little too late. He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.

Mobile engaged, message transmitted
    02-06-13 05:54 AM
    For me its either one way or the other. Curious, and a bit of excitement or flat out ignorance towards the brand.
    I just hope we all get surprised by the reception in the US.
    02-06-13 07:17 AM
    Same thing at my work 90% of people at my work right now have iPhones. The rest have android based phones. I am the only one rocking a BlackBerry and i love it. i Bring in my Playbook so i can have the internet and everything on the go. My managers andeveryone asks me about it and two of them have already ordered a playbook.

One coworker said he had a BlackBerry and he still loves it but for apps he went with a iPhone. After letting him know what the Z10 has to offer he is coming back.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    02-06-13 07:25 AM
    While buying my Z10 yesterday, the clerk said she wished she could afford a Z10, she was tired of her toy, referring to her iPhone. Her thoughts was that the iPhone is a toy for the elderly crowd and the Z10 is for getting things done. Not once did she mention Android. I told her she needs to stop being a traitor and come back to the berry side.
    02-06-13 07:53 AM
    This a good one lol......
    02-06-13 04:14 PM
    This is the kind of thread I like to read.
    Reckage and SixStringMadness like this.
    02-06-13 06:16 PM
    If BlackBerry properly markets the BlackBerry Z10 it could prove to be the product that saved BlackBerry from irrelevance. There are deficiencies such as BlackBerry Bridge functionality with the BlackBerry PlayBook; this must me rectified without delay and no excuse will suffice. Notifications is another glaring oversight for which the developers deserve a thousand lashes with a wet noddle and a kick in the **** from the steel-toed boot wearing girl we met in another thread.
    LMAO!!! We'll just get the developers in a mosh pit to get our point across. Que Slayer in 3....2......1
    02-06-13 06:16 PM
    I've sold two BlackBerry Z10s inadvertently, just by mentioning their pending status to friends who are bored with iOS and Android (respectively).
    02-06-13 06:48 PM
    This is the kind of thread I like to read.
    Exactly. This is the good kind of threads. Althought I love my BlackBerry and I currently had one when people would talk about BlackBerry in a good but bad light it kinda made me sad and see they were just in it for what the other phones were. Not cuz they missed they BlackBerry and wanted to stay. They just wanted to be on the boat that everyone else was on. I switched to droid because I had to for a few months and it was awful! Hated it more than anything. I had a droid x for 2 months then a galaxy s 3 for 3. But I cam running back to me BlackBerry cuz I loved her. It reminds me of a bright yellow 78 chevy pick up I had. It was old and not pretty (even tho I think my 9930 is sexy AF) did have what all my friend's cars had but it sure did work and was it fast. Then she started breaking down and then died for good I didn't want a new car. Even tho what I just said about my BlackBerry and truck was an AWFUL ANALOGY, you get the picture. I didn't do what everyone around me did. And the Zed10 will be first amoungst ppl I know.

Can't believe I made that really bad analogy tho... Really bad. I didn't even realize what I was saying untill I was done saying it. Sorry guys
    axllebeer likes this.
    02-06-13 09:11 PM
    It's far too early for anyone to claim there is a renewed shift towards BlackBerry mobile products. The momentum is not there yet and may never get there at all. As much as I would like to see BB mobile products sell like hotcakes the huge inertia that exists with iOS/Android is not going to let up any time soon. However, both of these dominant mobile platforms may fall on their faces in the near future if they don't continually improve in functionality and address serious security holes so BB is well positioned to increase its installed base by offering a superior and robust alternative.
    02-07-13 12:23 AM
    It's far too early for anyone to claim there is a renewed shift towards BlackBerry mobile products. The momentum is not there yet and may never get there at all. As much as I would like to see BB mobile products sell like hotcakes the huge inertia that exists with iOS/Android is not going to let up any time soon. However, both of these dominant mobile platforms may fall on their faces in the near future if they don't continually improve in functionality and address serious security holes so BB is well positioned to increase its installed base by offering a superior and robust alternative.
    How about you don't make nonsense comments motivated by hate. Are you too stupid to see what's going on around you? That isn't our fault. We are following the FACTS, and if you want to just live in outright denial, so be it. Maybe you've just lost perspective, and aren't thinking rationally.

I was in Safeway earlier today, and I heard THREE girls talking about how much they love blackberries and how they wished they had some stock there.
    02-07-13 01:48 AM
    I do want to make the transition back to Black, and I'm glad the devices are out in parts of the world, and I hope to see even more changes as US release approaches. I definitely miss BBM and the folks I communicated with using it. I do like the SIII, but at my core, I'm still a BB guy.
    02-07-13 02:56 AM
    How about you don't make nonsense comments motivated by hate. Are you too stupid to see what's going on around you? That isn't our fault. We are following the FACTS, and if you want to just live in outright denial, so be it. Maybe you've just lost perspective, and aren't thinking rationally.

I was in Safeway earlier today, and I heard THREE girls talking about how much they love blackberries and how they wished they had some stock there.
    While I think your defence might be a little on the strident side, the crucial point is the phrase 'tide starting to turn' which does not actually imply massive sales or an immediate success, all it really implies is that attitudes are changing from a generally negative one towards a more positive and interested one in both the media and the public at large which is clearly the case right now and indeed as far as media coverage probably has been for sometime prior to the launch too.
    02-07-13 03:48 AM