I have spent the last two days reading all the posts about getting e-mails twice, but I still can't figure out my problem. First I will explain how I have my bb setup and maybe a guru here can help me fix it.

I have a company e-mail, let's call it [email protected]. This emails is setup to forward to my gmail account, let's call it [email protected]. I only access emails through the gmail account, never directly from the [email protected] domain. The gmail account is setup to reply to all emails from my [email protected] email.

I have a BB Bold on the Rogers network. I logged into my BIS account, and setup a new email as [email protected], but I use the login and password for my gmail account. That way it pulls the emails from gmail using IMAP, but when I reply to the email it replies from [email protected]

When I am at the office I have Thunderbird setup the same way as my blackberry. Email account as [email protected] pulling the emails from [email protected] using IMAP again.

Here is the problem, if Thunderbird is open I get all emails on my blackberry twice. If Thunderbird isn't open I get it on my blackberry, but then when I open Thunderbird and it downloads all the emails it wasn't open for they all go to my blackberry AGAIN at that time.

Sorry for the long winded explanation, but this should hopefully be enough information for someone to tell me what the problem is.

Thanks,
    12-01-09 10:59 AM
    Oh dang, and I thought we would see some of these in this thread. Oh well.

12-01-09 11:41 AM
    You have your company email set up to forward to your Gmail and to be pushed to your device. Which option do you want?

Why have it set up to forward to Gmail, and be pushed at the same time is beyond me. What you have to do is go into your BIS settings and set up a filter. I will let you figure the rest out from there because you have 30 things going on and none of it makes sense.
    12-01-09 12:55 PM
    You have your company email set up to forward to your Gmail and to be pushed to your device. Which option do you want?

Why have it set up to forward to Gmail, and be pushed at the same time is beyond me. What you have to do is go into your BIS settings and set up a filter. I will let you figure the rest out from there because you have 30 things going on and none of it makes sense.

I don't see how I have 30 things going on, or why they don't make sense. I have a work account forwarded to gmail.

Then I have blackberry and thunderbird access that gmail account. Seems like a normal setup to me, use thunderbird when I'm at work and blackberry when I'm not.

Nothing is set to forward to the blackberry, just a regular IMAP connection to the gmail account that everyone else has.
    12-01-09 01:00 PM
    Make sure you have "Leave Mail on Server" under "Server Settings" checked and then put a number in the next box so that it will delete after so many days.

Outlook is probably the best for contacts and calendar.
    12-01-09 01:07 PM
    Make sure you have "Leave Mail on Server" under "Server Settings" checked and then put a number in the next box so that it will delete after so many days.

Outlook is probably the best for contacts and calendar.
    In Thunderbird under "server settings" leave mail on server is not a choice.

The options are:

Check for new messages at startup
    Check for new messages every XX minutes
    When I delete a message move it to x folder
    Clean up (Expunge) Inbox on Exit
    Empty trash on exit
    12-01-09 01:20 PM
    This blog has a lot of Thunderbird and BlackBerry solutions when integrating the two:

Confinguring Blackberry with Thunderbird or other Non-Outlook Email Applications
    12-01-09 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD