Ever since I got my blackberry I've been syncing via desktop manager with the usb cable. On occasion I would leave my home to go on appointments and forget to sync up. Then in the middle of the day where I think I have a couple hours I get a phone call "Hi, are you almost here?" I make up some BS like "Oh I though our appointment was tomorrow, but I'm free now so I can come right over. I don't have your address handy can you give it to me again." So I get home and sure enough Outlook reminder is popped up with their appointment!! That's happened a few times. So I've been searching for a solution to do OTA sync. I found a program called gsyncit because I was considering moving to android and wanted to make sure I could still use Outlook. Anyway purchased gsyncit installed it and set it up in outlook and synced to my new gmail account and then I downloaded google sync onto my blackberry and pointed that to the same gmail account. And bingo calander and contacts sync OTA automatically!!
    05-04-10 07:14 PM
    Good to know. I am on BES so everything syncs wirelessly. I know some people who I will pass this along to, though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 09:21 PM
    If you have your own domain and use the Google Apps Premium edition then you can use their Google sync program for outlook. It will keep your outlook and the Google servers in sync. Basically it makes Outlook think it's connected to an exchange server.

And from there you can use the Standard Google BIS integration to get your email and contacts and then use the google sync on the blackberry to get your calendar data.
    05-05-10 05:19 PM
    I have never heard of that application before. I'm going to check it out.
    05-06-10 08:46 AM
    How is this different from using google sync alone?
    05-06-10 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD