I agree with almost everyone in this thread, aside from the guy who said americans shouldn't even get the phone- don't start the anti-american **** in this thread.
    I was pumped. Its wearing off. I still want it, but I'm not preaching BB10 as much as I used to. I'm confused and upset but still wanting one..
    02-18-13 10:00 AM
    I'm starting to get a little turned off myself... Its not the wait though. I'm starting to think that in order to gain bigger marketshare, blackberry is catering to the masses instead of the purists. I'm gonna purchase another 9900 and see how I feel when the q10 is released.
    I feel the same. The more I read the more I think the Z10 will be a disappointment for me.
    And don't get me started on the white being only on VZW.
    02-18-13 10:01 AM
    This is why I say BlackBerry shouldn't even sell it to a bunch of whiny, lazy and cheap americans. Just sell it everywhere else and tell america to shove it.

By the way, I'm in the states and I've had mine for one week today. Because I was willing to do what it took to get it.

You can get them on Amazon right now.
    No need to bash those Americans that have stuck with us. Clearly they are frustrated and are letting off some steam. Let's hope that the US carriers get their act together and release it in March as promised. It took them over a month when the Samsung Galaxy III came out and over 2 months after the Nokia Lumia came out.
    mscooley likes this.
    02-18-13 10:02 AM
    Testing what, exactly...
    The devices given out at the launch seem to work just fine on AT&T.
    Like sgt50 said, they are testing for bloatware. And though the phones work fine on AT&Ts network, the company themselves will not release a phone under their name until thorough testing is done. There is still call quality and reliability to consider.
    02-18-13 10:02 AM
    I am still on board and excited. I can see why people may be turned off by the delay. BlackBerry cannot change the carriers plan and route they take. I will wait. I am fine waiting. This only allows for more corrections to be made and hopefully less problems for the US.

We will get the Z10 soon. Maybe not soon enough for some but i work 70 hours a week and time is going so fast. It will be here before i know it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    mscooley, cman5 and R Field like this.
    02-18-13 10:06 AM
    From what I have heard the US operators have really been strict on the testing. Look at it from their point of view, it is completelly new software, not another version of Android where you can deliver your release notes, and deltas, and then quickstep through homologation. Also this is a new full touchscreen device. I think they all remember very well a previous touch screen version that was rushed to market and had a few issues.

Finally the lack of apps. If I was a US carrier I would be a little concerned about launching this device without a full book of the popular apps. Remember most carriers allow returns for awhile. I would worry about customer disatisfaction returns, folks get the device and are jazzed about it until they see no Skype, no Netflix, no Whatsapp. Btw both Skype and Whatsapp are becoming relatively important for international companies, we have customers that order by BBM, skype, and Whatsapp and we have to have devices that can handles all of that. At best the messaging world is bifurcated BBM / Whatsapp. Right now the CEO of our group has to use two devices, which he does not like. And I have to get an Android device now for travelling..... I love my Z10, it is the best BB and probably the best business device I have used... but the ecosystem, well that is an issue.
    W Hoa, cman5 and millerliteboy like this.
    02-18-13 10:07 AM
    I am still on board and excited. I can see why people may be turned off by the delay. BlackBerry cannot change the carriers plan and route they take. I will wait. I am fine waiting. This only allows for more corrections to be made and hopefully less problems for the US.

We will get the Z10 soon. Maybe not soon enough for some but i work 70 hours a week and time is going so fast. It will be here before i know it.

BlackBerry By Choice!
    Not really a "delay" when 1st quarter for US release was stated months ago. March is still in 1st quarter.
    02-18-13 10:10 AM
    This is why I say BlackBerry shouldn't even sell it to a bunch of whiny, lazy and cheap americans. Just sell it everywhere else and tell america to shove it.

By the way, I'm in the states and I've had mine for one week today. Because I was willing to do what it took to get it.

You can get them on Amazon right now.
    I'm glad you got yours, but it doesnt mean the rest of us are cheap by any means. Americans should be dissapointed by the delay. I'm glad BB doesnt share your attitude. If they didnt sell to us Americans, being third would be a pipe dream. BB would be lucky to come in behind the Chinese knockoffs. Becareful what you wish for.
    MERCDROID likes this.
    02-18-13 10:17 AM
    I feel the same. The more I read the more I think the Z10 will be a disappointment for me.
    It won't be a disappointment for me, since I'll be keeping my 9930 until those "missing" features are added back in...so I'm planning on waiting until July or September anyway. And yeah - White will look sooooo nice when I do go to my local Verizon store for the new phone.
    02-18-13 10:29 AM
    Having finally gotten mine I feel even worse for those who are still having to wait. However, if BlackBerry gets the first update done and a couple of the larger apps on board before the US launch, then I think it will have been worth it.

Having said that, I love my Z10 and glad I didn't have to wait any longer. Sorry.
    02-18-13 10:33 AM
    I'm sure it seems trivial to some, but things like lack of bis are actually making me rethink it. I'm sure the devices themselves are really sweet, but obviously so are a bunch of other devices. Its gonna be a tough call
    02-18-13 10:37 AM
    I am more excited now than before because I actually have the device and I love it! Before I was worried it would not meet my expectations (because of the hype) but it easily surpasses them.
    Vorkosigan and cman5 like this.
    02-18-13 10:39 AM
    They are testing to see how much bloatware they can put on the device before it freezes up.
    No, its how much revenue they can generate from the bloatware, and how they can charge for each individual feature that Z10 has.
    undone likes this.
    02-18-13 10:39 AM
    It won't be a disappointment for me, since I'll be keeping my 9930 until those "missing" features are added back in...so I'm planning on waiting until July or September anyway. And yeah - White will look sooooo nice when I do go to my local Verizon store for the new phone.
    It looks like you will not have to wait too long for some of those missing features to come available....just a few weeks till an update brings back usb capability for Outlook calendar and contact syncing.
    02-18-13 10:41 AM
    I'm sure it seems trivial to some, but things like lack of bis are actually making me rethink it. I'm sure the devices themselves are really sweet, but obviously so are a bunch of other devices. Its gonna be a tough call
    BIS is NOT trivial. It is the cornerstone of the BB for me. Otherwise, my non BB devices would be the only ones I use.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    randall2580 likes this.
    02-18-13 10:43 AM
    BlackBerry can solve this problem with ease. Put fully unlocked Z10s for sale (at the price carriers pay) in the states right now. Include instructions for how to get the proper SIM and phone model for each carrier. This takes the power away from the carriers and puts it in the hands of the customer.

This carrier centric model is the old RIM. The new Blackberry has to be bold.
    If they did that my guess would be the carriers would delay further, or decide not to release at all. .
    02-18-13 10:57 AM
    Not turned off, do not want another device, and do not want to pay a grand for a device, that costs 154 to make, just tired of waiting and still pissed, not at Blackberry because they did their part, the carriers who drug and are still dragging their feet, seems to me that with how popular the device is one of the carriers would be busting their balls to release it so that they could reap the benefits.
    It doesn't cost $154 to make, there was an estimate of $154 in parts, then there is years of research and development that have gone into the software and supporting systems, plus marketing that all has to be covered by the final cost.
    02-18-13 11:01 AM
    BlackBerry can solve this problem with ease. Put fully unlocked Z10s for sale (at the price carriers pay) in the states right now. Include instructions for how to get the proper SIM and phone model for each carrier. This takes the power away from the carriers and puts it in the hands of the customer.

Most of the advertising being done in other markets is co-op - that is a cooperation between BBRY and the carrier. Do what you suggest and I would imagine the enthusiasm for cooperative marketing would go bye-bye. BBRY cannot allow that to happen in the USA they will be unable to recapture market share here if the carriers don't help market the brand
    02-18-13 11:02 AM

That would seriously damage or even kill the relationship that BlackBerry /RIM has spent so much time and effort to cultivate with the US Carriers. If we do that to them do you think we will get their support for the next device we release? Now is the time more than ever that we need them on board.
    millerliteboy likes this.
    02-18-13 11:33 AM
    BIS is NOT trivial. It is the cornerstone of the BB for me. Otherwise, my non BB devices would be the only ones I use.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    I guess there aren't enough of us left
    02-18-13 11:41 AM
    I guess there aren't enough of us left
    Sadly, we're expendable.
    02-18-13 11:45 AM
    Not really a "delay" when 1st quarter for US release was stated months ago. March is still in 1st quarter.
    I know its not really a delay. But to some since it is not released at the same time accross the globe they would consider it a delay. Like i said. I am okay with they wait. I will live just fine

BlackBerry By Choice!
    02-18-13 11:50 AM
    If they did that my guess would be the carriers would delay further, or decide not to release at all. .
    no carriers would sell quicker because demand.. carriers never wanna lose money and they would lose because they wont be able to lock upgraders into 2 yr contracts....
    02-18-13 12:05 PM
    How does that saying go again? "Good things come to those who wait" right?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Khanhye East; 02-18-13 at 01:38 PM.
    02-18-13 01:13 PM
    Prior to Jan. 30 I was hyped and excited, on Jan. 30 I was angry and disappointed, now here it is Feb.18 and to be honest I just don't care anymore, tired of reading and watching videos and waiting for the US release that may or may not happen, havent heard a peep from any carrier or Blackberry .
    Attached Thumbnails The thrill is gone-th.jpg  
    02-18-13 01:23 PM
170 1234 ...