I thought i was gonna be able to make my switch to samsung and boy i was sooo wrong. Im having serious withdrawals from not using a physical keyboard and a simpler os.

Im getting so angry and want to smash my phone because the easiest tasks are so complicated. Whether its email, calls, switching between tasks, etc. I find touchscreens to be highly unproductive and very time consuming. I highly recommend if you make the switch to keep your bb as a second phone.
    anon(5597702) and bbnrs like this.
    04-06-16 10:04 AM
    Which Samsung product did you end up buying and what major issues are you having? I have had a few friends buy the S7 and rerun it because of the lag and camera issues.
    04-06-16 10:06 AM
    It just takes time... to get use to all touch and to a new OS. I have had my Droid for about a month now and Android isn't as "complicated" as I at first taught, it's just different.

Have you installed the PRIV's apps on your phone via Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager? That might help you a little, they are working very will on my Android 6.0 Droid Turbo - just have to go in and manually give each BlackBerry app full permissions.
    04-06-16 10:31 AM
    It just takes time... to get use to all touch and to a new OS. I have had my Droid for about a month now and Android isn't as "complicated" as I at first taught, it's just different.

Have you installed the PRIV's apps on your phone via Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager? That might help you a little, they are working very will on my Android 6.0 Droid Turbo - just have to go in and manually give each BlackBerry app full permissions.
    I didnt know that i can do that!! Do you have a link on how to do that?
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-06-16 11:27 AM
    04-06-16 11:42 AM
    Which Samsung product did you end up buying and what major issues are you having? I have had a few friends buy the S7 and rerun it because of the lag and camera issues.
    The samsung s7 edge. Mine works fine. No issues....yet.lol
    04-06-16 01:55 PM
    It says to install something else....
    Attached Thumbnails Three weeks without my BlackBerry...-1459969125203.jpg  
    04-06-16 01:58 PM
    Big thing missing is a file manger.. really hope that BlackBerry brings theirs over as part of the MM update. But there isn't a shortage of ones to try out there.

Big plus with the PRIV apps is getting back the keyboard. I've had a hard time typing and forgetting that I can't flick words, so I was glad to get it.

On thing that helped me... after installing everything, I went into SETTINGS on my Droid SETTING > Apps and this shows all you apps. You'll notice that you'll have two Calendars, two Contacts, and Email app you don't need (depending on your usage), other messaging apps (SMS/TEXT). You can click on these, FORCE STOP and then DISABLE them as HUB should take care of most of these now.
    04-06-16 02:00 PM
    BlackBerry Services is one of the listed apps in BlackBerry manager.

After you install all the apps that you want from BlackBerry manager. You will want to go to your Android Setting Settings:

SECURITY > DEVICE ADMINISTRATORS > and allow BlackBerry Launcher and Email to be Admins.

APPS > each of the new BlackBerry click on them and then click permissions and you'll want to check everything (might be some in an others tab do those too).
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-06-16 02:06 PM
    Seriously...?
    04-06-16 02:32 PM
    I know exactly how you feel OP. I own both a Passport as an iPhone 6s (received from work) and believe me, the latter frustrates the **** out of me.
    BB10 for me really is the best OS ever built for a phone. Nothing can replicate it's flow.

Posted with my BB Passport
    Oshasat likes this.
    04-06-16 02:42 PM
    I totally agree the flow is smooth kudos to BlackBerry, I hope they survive the handset division it's good to have competition

Posted via CB10
    Oshasat likes this.
    04-06-16 03:04 PM
    No device no future for bb10 and the priv with android is also so Android. Get used to it.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-06-16 03:43 PM
    Thank you!!! How do i use the bb keyboard? I installed it but i go under settings and see only samsung keyboard as choice?
    04-06-16 09:19 PM
    It will get somewhat easier....

Android is really just a cluster of apps around a narrow core of an os.

Once you realize that almost everything you need just another app developed by 3rd party yahoo's just trying to make a buck it will make sense. Almost every app has a different user flow, share flow, menu system and all built separately.

This is not appealing to me which is why I was happy on a purpose-built mobile OS like BB10.

I have the Priv now but it's really a computer first and then a phone. BB10 is far more phone/messaging first and entertainment second.

But the masses speak with cash and they want snapchat and to feed the facebook machine.

Good luck

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Oshasat and ssbtech like this.
    04-07-16 12:10 AM

Those are work arounds.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    04-07-16 12:11 AM
    I thought i was gonna be able to make my switch to samsung and boy i was sooo wrong. Im having serious withdrawals from not using a physical keyboard and a simpler os.

Im getting so angry and want to smash my phone because the easiest tasks are so complicated. Whether its email, calls, switching between tasks, etc. I find touchscreens to be highly unproductive and very time consuming. I highly recommend if you make the switch to keep your bb as a second phone.
    I have Android tablets for entertainment and reading. I tried an Android (Note 3 on Lollipop 5.1) for about a week. I felt the same way and rejoiced at putting the SIM back in and using my BlackBerry's.

Oshasat and anon(5597702) like this.
    04-07-16 12:15 AM
    I have Android tablets for entertainment and reading. I tried an Android (Note 3 on Lollipop 5.1) for about a week. I felt the same way and rejoiced at putting the SIM back in and using my BlackBerry's.

Lol yes I wish it was that easy but realizing that not even the priv can save the hardware, you realize you have to get used to it. Lol
    04-07-16 12:18 AM
    I will not be buying the PRIV on Android. I'll happily continue to use my BlackBerry 10 devices through the next two updates and releases. At that time I'll see what's around. A Surface Phone is supposed to be released in '17. If it is X86 and Win 10 continues to improve I'll take a look.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    04-07-16 12:43 AM
    iPhones are designed to be easier, or as easy to use as possible. The most common complaints I hear from a couple android Sammy phone friends is some kind of survey that pops up when they are trying to download an app, or something like that. Hearing those stories I think iOS is the better choice......for me.....in the end.
    bakron1 likes this.
    04-07-16 01:41 AM
    iPhones are designed to be easier, or as easy to use as possible. The most common complaints I hear from a couple android Sammy phone friends is some kind of survey that pops up when they are trying to download an app, or something like that. Hearing those stories I think iOS is the better choice......for me.....in the end.
    The simplicity of the OS is why the iPhone is very popular with both the young and the older buyers, they have timely updates and the best customer support in the business. Those two key factors are why the device even being over 500 dollars at the lore end, sells like hot cakes.
    04-07-16 04:20 AM
    The simplicity of the OS is why the iPhone is very popular with both the young and the older buyers, they have timely updates and the best customer support in the business. Those two key factors are why the device even being over 500 dollars at the lore end, sells like hot cakes.
    Agreed! I got my tech challenged friend last year to FINALLY give up his flip phone and jump into an iphone 6. He has never been happier. He had a few questions for me but overall it is very intuititive and straight foreward. Blackberry, by comparison, is totally professional but overall for the masses, ios is a cake walk.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-07-16 04:29 AM
    I had to make myself stop using my Z30 at all and force myself to only use my android. And I still miss so much about the way BB10 worked. The OS. There are a lot of pluses on this Sony Z5 I'm using now. The camera. All the apps in the world working lightning fast and no crashing or Google Play service nagging.

But I sure miss BB10. I miss it even if it was unfinished compared to how it would have been if it was a huge hit.

Installing the BlackBerry keyboard helped a lot though (thanks Cobalt)

I feel ya, OP. It gets easier but I still find myself trying to swipe up from the bottom to peek or change apps. 6 weeks into android cold turkey.

Z5 - E6853 / Android 6.0 / T-Mobile USA
    04-07-16 04:50 AM
    Thank you!!! How do i use the bb keyboard? I installed it but i go under settings and see only samsung keyboard as choice?
    Configure it under 'current keyboard'
    04-07-16 06:05 AM
    I just don't like samsung phones. They add too much bloat to the OS. I cringe whenever my fianc�e has a problem on her Note3 and I have to fumble with it.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    04-07-16 06:13 AM
54 123