is it just me or

does threaded text seem to be a myth lol
    i mean i know i'm not the only person desperately awaiting it but i feel like we hear oh its coming, and its like the sailor that goes out to sea and comes back talking about the monster 800lb fish that got away and doesn't have nothing to show for it? lol. i'm a new blackberry user and its like the epitome of phones and i love it and i'm prolly just impatient cuz i'm still waiting themes too for the tour lol but yeh just wanted to know if anyone else feels like that?
    07-23-09 06:57 PM
    Threaded texts will be coming with OS 5.0 unless you want to pay $15 for an app.
    07-23-09 07:47 PM
    Definitely not on the 5.0.0.140 OS for the Storm, but it may come with later OS's. Who knows....
    07-23-09 08:27 PM
    When threaded sms comes out is when I come back to blackberrys. How hard could it be to add it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 09:42 AM
    When threaded sms comes out is when I come back to blackberrys. How hard could it be to add it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I mean i aint a programmer ETC but i mean i sorta agree with you. it doesnt seem like that hard of a feature to add, i love blackberrys but in the same token i hate how there things that youhave to download that should come custom on this phone, esp for what we pay for.

but then again im just a impatient person
    07-24-09 09:46 AM
    is it just me or

does threaded text seem to be a myth lol
    i mean i know i'm not the only person desperately awaiting it but i feel like we hear oh its coming, and its like the sailor that goes out to sea and comes back talking about the monster 800lb fish that got away and doesn't have nothing to show for it? lol. i'm a new blackberry user and its like the epitome of phones and i love it and i'm prolly just impatient cuz i'm still waiting themes too for the tour lol but yeh just wanted to know if anyone else feels like that?

Not sure how a new blackberry user can be so impatient. It's not like you've been putting up with it for a long time.
    07-24-09 09:47 AM
    Not sure how a new blackberry user can be so impatient. It's not like you've been putting up with it for a long time.
    HENCE why i said i'm impatient.
    07-24-09 09:48 AM
    HENCE why i said i'm impatient.
    My point is, you just got the thing so it's almost comical that someone new to it is already talking about needing new features. You knew it didn't have threaded text when you got it. If you didn't, shame on you for not doing your research. If you did, then there's no point to posting about features that you want when you knew the device didn't have them especially after such a short time. I get that your impatient, but I guess your impatience caused you to buy a device that didn't have everything you WANT. Couldn't wait anything longer to get one.
    07-24-09 09:59 AM
    My point is, you just got the thing so it's almost comical that someone new to it is already talking about needing new features. You knew it didn't have threaded text when you got it. If you didn't, shame on you for not doing your research. If you did, then there's no point to posting about features that you want when you knew the device didn't have them especially after such a short time. I get that your impatient, but I guess your impatience caused you to buy a device that didn't have everything you WANT. Couldn't wait anything longer to get one.
    lol ok dude. geez no worries, you can't say much on these boards without aggravating one person, my bad if i got on ur nerves enough to pick out my personal flaws in ME picking out a phone, but i just dont get if this post didn't apply to you, why waste time being like that and saying something. but i'm learning what to ask and not ask around here...so in that token thanks for your input
    07-24-09 10:07 AM
    Definitely not on the 5.0.0.140 OS for the Storm, but it may come with later OS's. Who knows....
    thats what i was wondering if its automatically with the 5.0 OS or if its a updated bbm kinda thing. So its looking like its a BBM thing. thanks bro for not being a tart about it.
    07-24-09 10:17 AM
    Threaded texts will be coming with OS 5.0 unless you want to pay $15 for an app.
    yeh i had bbtext2im and it was cool in a matter that you could change the formatting for each user and it was simple but i hated the whole, clearing out the inbox stuff... no integration
    07-24-09 10:18 AM
    ya ive been wondering the same thing man if the BB is ever gonna get threaded SMS..it really would be cool. its another reason i look at the iPhone a little bit closer everyday
    07-24-09 10:28 AM
    ya ive been wondering the same thing man if the BB is ever gonna get threaded SMS..it really would be cool. its another reason i look at the iPhone a little bit closer everyday
    YEH i know before i bought my phone that it didn't have like chat im style texting cuz it is sort of a buisness pro phone but it had way more things i wanted then things i could do without, and i jsut feel like i'm hearing so many different things and i was just wanting to know what was really up but i guess from the way it seems we should just stick it out cuz its not that far away.

iphone? can u deal with the touch screen thing? i have a ipod touch and itd be a bad Azz phone too, i guess its all personal prefrences. i love my tour tho, just missin something thatd make a great phone greater.
    07-24-09 10:32 AM
    well i dont like touchscreens but the iPhone would be the only touch id ever get prob.
    im gonna try and see if verizon will let me do a early upgrade or something to the tour since im only a year into this contract..
    07-24-09 10:46 AM
    iphone is good
    07-24-09 10:58 AM
    well i dont like touchscreens but the iPhone would be the only touch id ever get prob.
    im gonna try and see if verizon will let me do a early upgrade or something to the tour since im only a year into this contract..
    I hope you get the upgrade. In the case of threaded sms, it is coming with the release of 5.0. What everyone has now are leaked "incomplete" versions of the coming OS.
    07-24-09 11:01 AM
    This is probable mentioned in another thread but do you know when OS 5.0 is coming out?
    07-24-09 11:05 AM
    yeh dude i used my upgrade and i was only into my new contract one year, you can get a one year price or at least thats what i did.
    07-24-09 11:21 AM
    This is probable mentioned in another thread but do you know when OS 5.0 is coming out?
    i think its still up in there air, there hasn't been any official release date yet if i'm correct.. but it could be too long ya know, ha i hope
    07-24-09 11:22 AM
    my 1yr mark i believe is august 20th but at the rate im going i might not get to the verizon store untill then lol.
    i just hope i find a good rep thats willing to work with me since my dad whos contract im on has been with verizon for over 7yrs and we r VIP
    07-24-09 01:22 PM
    my 1yr mark i believe is august 20th but at the rate im going i might not get to the verizon store untill then lol.
    i just hope i find a good rep thats willing to work with me since my dad whos contract im on has been with verizon for over 7yrs and we r VIP
    Best Buy actually has a better price on the Tour than the Verizon store. At best buy it's $99 after a $50 instant rebate.
    07-24-09 02:08 PM
    iphone is better, bt bluetooth in iphone supports only headsets.
    07-24-09 02:25 PM
    Best Buy actually has a better price on the Tour than the Verizon store. At best buy it's $99 after a $50 instant rebate.
    ya but as of my knowledge best buy doesnt have the authority to do a early upgrade for me
    07-24-09 08:24 PM
    i was thinking i wonder if im better off to go to verizon pay the 175 ETF then go to bestbuy and get the tour for 100 and id still come out on top
    but the only thing is could i keep my same number?
    07-24-09 10:08 PM
    That is a pretty weak argument. Threaded texts is a pretty basic function of a smartphone and isn't a lot to ask for in a high end device. I knew that it didn't have threaded texts when I bought it but it is the best available device from my service provider.(Sprint) I have used WM for years and finally got tired of all its problems so I moved to a BB. And yes, I miss threaded texts very much and am looked forward to them implementing it. This is a board for discussion, no reason to jump down the guys neck.
    07-24-09 10:30 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD