I was lucky enough to get an activation code for the new Twitter for BlackBerry app and I was wondering if anyone else had one and wanted to share their thoughts on it?

Also, I have two extra that I'm giving away. You can find the details on how to enter to win at Examiner.com
    02-11-10 02:51 PM
    i'm absolutely love the new twitter app. it runs very smooth on my Bold 9700.
    02-13-10 10:39 PM
    Is there a point in using it if SocialScope works great for me as is?
    02-13-10 10:46 PM
    I was lucky enough to get an activation code for the new Twitter for BlackBerry app and I was wondering if anyone else had one and wanted to share their thoughts on it?

Also, I have two extra that I'm giving away. You can find the details on how to enter to win at http://afx.cc/cuh
    I'm sure almost everyone has tested it because it was leaked, but invites are always good since the next update may very well ask for the invite code.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-13-10 11:27 PM
    could do with diferrent colours for @replies, new tweets ad DM's
    Also missing (mine @ least) a 'retweet' option - anyone else found this?

Overall pretty good tho, will be a solid app once they iron out the bugs
    02-14-10 04:47 AM
    I could deffinately do with somekind of notification filter that only informs you of replies and dms specifically.
    02-14-10 05:14 AM
    I tried the leak, but to me SocialScope would seem like a much better app for Twitter (better implementation of features and works faster). I use Seesmic for BlackBerry, it is quick and lightweight and has good support for media (pictures).
    02-14-10 05:24 AM
    I love the twitter for bb app. There are only a few bugs I see. Twitter can only register twitpics. It shows a link for all other photos uploaded with different software. When the link is brought up it says something like we are having trouble finding your picture. Also faster rendering time would be nice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 09:24 AM
    I tried the leak too. I use lists and this app doesn't support them. More importantly, it drained my battery very quickly with message box notifications set one one-hour intervals. I'm back to Seesmic for now.
    02-14-10 09:49 AM
    It works well- it a bit slow to my taste. But it is a beta after all.

I hope when they released it. RIM change the notification icon to say how many new tweets you have and the ability to change the size of the fonts, to show more tweets per view, instead of only being able to see 3 tweets at a time.
    02-14-10 10:00 AM
    I'm a ubertwitter user but I had to try this twitter app of course... While it looks pretty, I'm missing a lot of the features that makes ubertwitter so great for me. Of course this is only a first version, but still... I've gone back to my old reliable ubertwitter
    The things I miss listed:
    Retweet option
    Seperate notification option for @-replies
    Multiple accounts support
    Option to shut it down completely so I can get a good night's sleep without having to log out or turn down all notifications
    tweetphoto support
    twitlonger integration
    All @-mentions and DM's in timeline (the previously mentioned different colour system)
    Geotagging option. I don't use it myself but I know lots of people who do.

Also, not sure if it's just me, but loading @-mentions or other lists apart from the timeline was very slow for me.
    02-14-10 10:04 AM
    I really like it. I like that it isn't a battery hog like some other clients are, since it uses Push technology instead of constantly connecting to pull new notifications in. The other clients I tried were so battery intensive that I seriously considered turning Twitter back on as SMS instead of using an app.

In the official release I'd like to see number of new tweets with the notification icon (as stated previously), integration for tweetphoto and other twitter picture services, notification for @mentions. Basically the same things others are looking for in this app.

For me the photo thing is a big deal - I follow quite a few people that use tweetphoto instead of twitpic as their goto and with this I can't see their pictures properly sometimes. I don't necessarily care what service my pics to through (twitpic is fine for me) but I'd like this app to register those other services as well to bring up the pics in the timeline.

It did take 2 or 3 reboots to get this app to run smoothly - but I'm assuming that's just a glitch in the beta. I'm really interested in seeing how RIM is going to address the speed issue as well - if they get this app to speed up a bit I'm thinking this will be a pretty stellar app.
    02-14-10 01:08 PM
    I really like it. I like that it isn't a battery hog like some other clients are...
    That's interesting. I found it drained my battery at least twice as fast as without it.

02-14-10 01:12 PM
    Personally I think RIMs Twitter client is terrific. It has many great features and the push alerts that tie into messaging are great. The RIM app certainly doesn't have as many functions as the new Ubertwitter but I think RIM did an excellent job and this is probably their best client to date. Loading is somewhat slow though in comparison to Ubertwitter.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-14-10 02:07 PM
    That's interesting. I found it drained my battery at least twice as fast as without it.

That is really interesting. I've had my phone off the charger for 5 hours right now and I am at 84% - and I've been playing with my phone (I posted a twitpic to see how long it'd take, and I've done some browsing and Facebook - usual every day stuff for me).

It is using a bit more battery than usual, but like I said I've been playing with it. When I had UberTwitter, if I left it running I'd be at 60% or less by now. Back then I always had to go plug my phone into the car charger during my lunch break at work to make sure it would keep until time to go home.

I guess I mean with this client isn't a battery hog when compared to the other clients, when running the client all the time.

Of course - I will say this. The people I'm following on Twitter have been fairly quiet this weekend, so my assessment may change when I'm getting more tweets during a day. I have it set up to check for new tweets every 5 minutes right now so if everyone decides to tweet quite a bit it may have a much bigger impact on my battery life.
    02-14-10 02:29 PM
    I found that it was killing my battery to. It is a nice app and looks great but I noticed that I lose at least 4 hours of battery a day of that app. For the moment ill have it turned off

02-14-10 02:57 PM
    Haven't tried it yet, I'm stuck on uber twitter

02-14-10 03:03 PM
    I have noticed that when I try to use Ubertwitter I get a 507 ERROR since I've installed the Twitter client. This happens every time I log on to Ubertwitter.

Anyone else having this problem?

And I am trying to use both because I have 2 Twitter accounts that I keep logged into because I run one for an internet radio site.
    02-14-10 03:34 PM
    Im really liking the new BB client for twiiter. had Uber for some time now, but this new one is much better IMO.
    02-14-10 05:31 PM
    I think I would like this app better if I hadn't used UberTwitter or even Social Scope before it. It looks pretty but lacks the functionality that the others offer.

I did find the RT function, it does it the way the website does-which is to say you can't edit the RT before sending.

I was so unimpressed I deleted it within hours of loading it. Nice for the people who strictly want to update/respond from their BB, but if you're in any way used to the other apps this one is severely lacking.

02-14-10 05:31 PM
    I love it ! Nice eye candy and runs smooth on this 9700 of mine
    02-14-10 05:35 PM
    My video review of the new Native Twitter App
    Review: Native RIM Twitter App for Blackberry
    02-14-10 07:49 PM
    i hate reading twits on it.

i leave it on my phone for the integration, but i keep reading twits on twitgenius or uber.

fetch on oficial one is disabled.
    02-14-10 08:47 PM
    No one really mentions how well it integrates with the browser and with app world. I like the way I can send a web page to twitter effortlessly without having to even open the twitter app to do so. When I had social scope, and I wanted to send a web page to twitter, it had to open social scope fully to do so, and then get out of social scope to go back to browsing. This was a problem since social scope is such a memory and battery hog. Here, I can tweet, and then keep on surfing.

Also, ubertwitter does not have a built in picture viewer. The RIM app does, at least for twitpic, for now. With ubertwitter, in order to view any picture full size, you have to open a browser. Granted, ubertwitter does render pics in the tweets pretty well, so that usually there is no need to open in the browser. I feel, or at least hope, that RIM will support more media types with the next build.

I feel that for a first beta, RIM has really done well, and with an update or two, can really blow everything else out of the water.
    02-14-10 09:04 PM
    I am loving the extra battery life from not leaving a fetching program open. I have it set to 5 minutes, shut down tweetgenius, and haven't had to charge my phone in three days, and still have 40% battery left. I wish it would notify me on mentions and mark unread tweets, but the tradeoff is well worth it.

02-14-10 09:05 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD