Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drop my first born before my bb

8 11.27%
  • Cry but get over it

39 54.93%
  • Things happen so I have insurance

24 33.80%
    i actually dropped mine on friday after leaving houlhans for lunch, i got in the car and sat the phone in my lap and forgot about it, and as soon as i pulled into the bank, i stepped out and hear something fall and it was my bbc, that was a ***** lucky for me i keep it skinned so not a scratch was on it.

but i make sure to holster it, i constantly check the bottom of my holster to make sure it their, when its not sitting on my desk @ work.
    02-10-08 10:42 PM
    I want to know who are the people that would rather drop their first born
    02-10-08 11:04 PM
    I want to know who are the people that would rather drop their first born
    ok that just may be taking the addiction to a whole new level.
    02-11-08 07:10 AM
    I can, thankfully, count on one hand how many times I've dropped my BlackBerry. And, even more thankfully, the hardest thing I've dropped it on has been carpet or floor covering of some kind. I pretty much keep a death-grip on it outside when I take it out of it's pouch...since I much prefer it "naked" without any protection of any kind.

I've had a ton of mobile phones, and have dropped most on concrete and tile without major (like broken beyond hope) damage. But, frankly...the BlackBerry doesn't seem like it could take much of that kind of abuse, and appears pretty fragile...
    02-11-08 07:28 AM
    Dropped mine yesterday (not proud). I picked up my phone in the slip case and it slipped out (guess that's why it's called a slip case!) It fell about 5 feet onto concrete floor. The battery door came off (really embarrassing). I picked it up, put the cove back on and wiped off the dust. Never occurred to me that it wouldn't work. I wasn't worried about scratches, but there were none! Whoo hoo! The Pearl is as solid a device as my old 7250!
    02-11-08 08:41 AM
    Wondered when the next drop would be my last time using the BB...
    I drop too many times and surprised at myself my BB still works!
    02-11-08 11:36 AM
    hey having purchased insurance from ATT the same time I got my blackberry was one of the most important things I've done. glad my daughter encouraged me to get it. and plus having the hard metal case puts my mind at ease because I dropped it twice, (thought I was gonna have a heart attack that Oh NOOOOO!!) factor set in haha..but my baby was well protected hehe..
    02-11-08 11:47 AM
    hey having purchased insurance from ATT the same time I got my blackberry was one of the most important things I've done. glad my daughter encouraged me to get it.
    Ummm...don't want to burst your bubble, but from everything I've gotten from every AT&T rep I know...insurance isn't available from AT&T/Lockline for the BlackBerry, at least for the modern models like the Curve & Pearl. I have heard many stories like yours of people "buying" insurance from AT&T at the time of purchase...only to find out when something happens, that they were not insured at all.

I would call 611 and get a rep on the phone, and ask him/her if there is in fact insurance on yoiur phone...and if it's valid. If it's not...you're paying for something worthless.
    02-11-08 12:28 PM
    I scratched the screen on my wedding ring. All i see now is that scratch. I dont know what i would do if I dropped it. P.S There is no sentimental value in a scratch like that.
    02-11-08 01:57 PM
    i have a skin. i was showing my friends how not to get an iphone and why when i droped it and said "if this was an iphone id have to get a new phone now" i now have 3 saved from an iphone friends with new bbs
    02-12-08 02:15 PM
    I have dropped mine and began sweating bullets!
    Although it fell from my bed onto the carpeted floor w/ its silicone skin on I still didnt know how that 'jarring' would affect its functionality!
    I got over it!
    02-12-08 02:22 PM
    BB's are very durable phones, I've dropped mine more than I care to admit and its still ticking. Ps AT&T insurance doesn't cover blackberries.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-08 02:28 PM
    I purchased insurance to protect Iggy, but it still bothers me when I drop either one. You'd think they were brand new cars or something!
    02-12-08 04:18 PM
    I have the BB black skin on it and it is in my holster in my jacket pocket. I use the headset 95% of the time so I never take it out unless I'm emailing, messaging or browsing.
    02-12-08 05:00 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD