Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drop my first born before my bb

8 11.27%
  • Cry but get over it

39 54.93%
  • Things happen so I have insurance

24 33.80%
    Just wondering what people think and go to when they drop their device.
    02-08-08 12:31 AM
    i will stick with this statement "Cry but get over it"
    02-08-08 06:16 AM
    I pick it up, LOL. Then I dust it off, and finish typing email before I messenger my friends telling them I can't believe I dropped it.
    02-09-08 07:14 PM
    Who cares if I drop it! I have a OtterBox!!!!

Click
    02-09-08 07:18 PM
    So far so good knock on wood.
    02-09-08 10:54 PM
    It hurts everytime I look at the scratches on my BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-08 11:01 PM
    to me it's a phone. Here's is a easy way to get over it....

" when your first get your BB and it's all new, take out your keys and scratch it." then it's not so bad and it's now not mint and you won't have to get upset if anything else happens to it."
    02-09-08 11:06 PM
    to me it's a phone. Here's is a easy way to get over it....

" when your first get your BB and it's all new, take out your keys and scratch it." then it's not so bad and it's now not mint and you won't have to get upset if anything else happens to it."
    HEATHEN!!!!

BB Abuse!! Call the authorities!!!
    02-09-08 11:08 PM
    You should be taken away with balls and chains!!!! Give him a 5 year sentence with no possibility of parole!!!!

02-09-08 11:48 PM
    The response excitement level depends on whether it(your crackberry) was dropped on carpet or outside on concrete or any other hard service
    02-10-08 12:01 AM
    True story:

Once I had a BB 7520. At the top of a set of CONCRETE stairs, I pulled it out of the holster, but it flew out of my hand. It tumbled all the way down the flight of stairs. Expecting the worst, I picked it up, brushed it off, and to my surprise, it still worked fine. Let's see a cutesy little iphone do that!
    02-10-08 12:20 AM
    i have only had my BB for about a month, and thankfully i havent dropped it yet. I have 3 different skins, a SPECK hard case, and BSE full skin on the way!!! Needless to say, i will also be purchasing a spare body from CNN. lol i love the crimson color, SO much nicer than my "crimson" Treo 680
    02-10-08 12:35 AM
    I dropped mine on the couch and it bumped off and fell onto the carpet. The back cover and battery popped out. Not a scratch or dent on it though.
    02-10-08 10:13 AM
    I'm sure I wouldn't have a meltdown (well, not a complete one) if I dropped my BB. I'd certainly snivel a lot though!
    02-10-08 10:56 AM
    Got insurance but it has a �30 ($60) excess
    02-10-08 11:01 AM
    have insurance, but, uh, let's not think about it!
    02-10-08 11:04 AM

John Conner dropped his Curve about 18" and broke it.

My dog gave my holstered Curve a fair work out, it came through without a scratch.

02-10-08 11:08 AM
    John Conner dropped his Curve about 18" and broke his.

Thats bad...
    02-10-08 11:10 AM
    I was at walmart about a month ago and I pulled it out of the holister and it slipped out of my hand. It fell to the floor and the back and battery popped off. Now I keep it in a skin all the time.
    02-10-08 11:13 AM
    I had a 7520 and when walking the dog she lunged and it skipped across the sidewalk. A little road rash but nothing wrong with it.
    I had a 7100i and when walking up the steps one night (in the house) I goosed my wife and she reflexively kicked - it out of my hands. It landed on the hardwood floor and the battery door flew off and the battery popped out. Put it all back together and it worked without a hitch. Not a mark on it either considering it hit the hard wood floors.
    I'm not so sure my Pearl would survive either of those scenarios.
    In a testament to the Palm Treo it will survive being thrown down the hallway (although it landed on carpeting) and being slam dunked into the front floor board of my Mini. Cosmetically it was fine and performance wise - well it reset before for no reason and reset after throwing it for no reason........
    No, I will not be throwing my Pearl. Partly because it has yet to reset and I don't suspect that it will.

There is a drug rep at work with the Verizon 8830. He has dropped it more times than he can count. It has bounced out of his lap when getting out of the car. He had gunk in his trackball assembly that we had to repair and it still works fine.
    Last edited by acolvin1; 02-10-08 at 11:30 AM.
    02-10-08 11:28 AM
    My friend had a Moto of some sort (not a Smartphone) and that could withstand ANYTHING! he dropped it a lot and then we started throwing it when we went out. once he threw it when we were about to go up an incline in the tunnel (to the back of the bus) and we watched as it slid back to us and rang.
    02-10-08 11:52 AM
    I've dropped my 8703e 3 times and it's still working great. It's a tank though. It's scratched some, but still truckin right along.
    02-10-08 03:02 PM
    My job pays for my devices, so anytime it gets dropped is an opportunity for an upgrade.

I can't even remember how many times I dropped the 8700. It survived every one. Those things are built like a brick.

I dropped my Tilt once so far. It survived, but I think my heart skipped a beat when it fell.

02-10-08 09:42 PM
    go insurance.
    02-10-08 10:16 PM
    I dropped my curve in the snow a couple of times, but that is soft. I was pissed at myself when I dropped it at the gym. It seems a little worse for wear, part that wraps around the bottom with the carrier logo on it, doesn't seem to be as tight anymore, but it still seems to work.
    02-10-08 10:27 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD