Fellow Blackberry Fanatics
    Being a first time poster and long time voyeur of this forum I felt the need to express my frustrations on the current state of RIM, and its products as of late. Being a BB user turned on 2 years ago by a friend. I was hooked! Web, messaging and not to mention PERFECT Email. It just did what it NEEDED to do, and well.

My first venture into the smartphone world was a samsung omnia, decent phone with a horrible touchscreen. Worked great with a stylus, but wasn't worth a cent for typing, or selecting an icon for that matter. Being an early Windows-Mobile handset it was still capable of many things a blackberry has trouble with to this day. After the samsung I was instantly drawn to the messaging and simplicity that bridged me from being a regular ol' phone user to a smartphone "Power-User". With the simplicity though came a sacrifice for features. Surely, I had assumed that RIM would update their products with features that were available on other platforms soon enough. Surely, they would catch up and make it better than everyone else...

Still I stood with my blackberry even as all of my friends jumped ship and went to older, and newer Android/IOS devices. Watched as their phones, even with similar specs. In some cases, phones much older than my 9650, performing things that my Bold could not. After awhile your frustration grows as you spend the same on monthly service (I'm sure at least 80-90 $US for the majority of us) when you see devices that may have even come out before yours capable of many things your not; even after an upgrade nearly a year in the making.

Admittedly, I stood up for my BB even when I couldn't justify it, also having it blow up in my face (I know alot of you have said "hey let me show you this!" and gotten either beat to the punch, or embarressed by your BB having to do a battery pull). At some points though you reach a breaking point. For me it was the other night when I tried typing this whole message out, but lost the meaning for it because I was a little...tipsy (hey who does things things a little terribly while under the influence?). I believe what was supposed to be the last paragraph was my explanation as to why RIM is failing, and the picture I included still rings true with what I said previously.

I Plan on switching to a platform that does what I need it to do again...Perform....be reliable...and just be enjoyable to use. The new BB's are FAST I love them, but they still fall short on what a phone SHOULD be capable of. After trying to view Mike's youtube video and having it freak my Bold out, I felt the need to express my frustrations and include a picture of them as-well...your thoughts?

p.s. (sorry for the awful format and writing of this first version.)
    Last edited by 9ty6ix5ty; 10-15-11 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Drunk....
    10-13-11 06:53 AM
    too. much. text.

paragraphs would make that ALOT easier to read! As it is, it hurts my eyes so I'm not going to...
    10-13-11 07:19 AM
    too. much. text.

paragraphs would make that ALOT easier to read! As it is, it hurts my eyes so I'm not going to...
    Yep. I didn't get very far on that one either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-11 07:32 AM
    Yep. I didn't get very far on that one either.
    Same here. But nice picture anyway *lol*
    10-13-11 07:40 AM
    Whateveryousaythaticantreadwtf!
    10-13-11 08:03 AM
    I agree. Paragraphs would make it easier to read.

However, this is a great post. A once loyal lurker is now likely typing this message with an iPhone. His first and probably last post.

As a long time BB user it is very frustrating and disheartening to watch the company you loved for so long fall (fail) so hard. It was a great product but RIM is falling apart.

I am also throwing in the towel. Can't wait to get my iPhone. Apple builds the ultimate everything. We still have Apple computers in my family that are used everyday that are nearly 20 years old!!! Try using a 5 year old BB or PC. Painful.
    10-13-11 08:12 AM
    Apple DO NOT build the ultimate everything. Its common knowledge that the iPhone is the worst smartphone available for performing as an actual PHONE!

If you want the shiny shiny apps buy an iPod Touch and keep your blackberry because its the best at what it does. Thats what I'm doing!
    richiec85 likes this.
    10-13-11 09:15 AM
    Apple DO NOT build the ultimate everything. Its common knowledge that the iPhone is the worst smartphone available for performing as an actual PHONE!

If you want the shiny shiny apps buy an iPod Touch and keep your blackberry because its the best at what it does. Thats what I'm doing!
    Ahh yes, doesn't anyone remember the iPhone with the antenna built in right where you hold it, causing calls to fail? Brilliant. But the fart app worked great!
    10-13-11 09:24 AM
    We understand the frustration but please post reader-friendly posts and try to be concise.
    10-13-11 09:28 AM
    Cliffs sir, Cliffs!
    10-13-11 10:35 AM
    Formatting is your friend OP!
    10-13-11 10:46 AM
    I think the OP said that he wished Lazaridis wore a black mock neck and put on lennon-style spectacles while addressing BB customers in the youtube address.

I think.
    richiec85 likes this.
    10-13-11 02:12 PM
    I don't think you'll be a big loss to Blackberry, I like to think of people who use Blackberries at least have a basic understanding of grammar....
    10-13-11 02:39 PM
    First-time poster + obscenely verbose, garbled and nonsensical anti-BB rant = I don't care.

@croc: bye.

@Mr. Conviv: !!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-11 02:45 PM
    Formatting is your friend OP!
    The Macbook doesn't have auto formatting yet. What the Macbook doesn't have is not needed....
    10-13-11 03:54 PM
    @ Cayman,
    20 yr old macs which you use everyday??? Those must be the crApple Macs. The ones that drove the company into the ground.
    You really expect people to believe that you are messing with 540k disks in this day and age? Really some pics would help your case a lot. I would become an admirer of your passion to run such old tech...
    10-13-11 03:59 PM
    Sorry Y'all...Terrible First post,
    Shouldnt be intoxicated, and angered. Especially, at a phone. Just makes you look worse to the ladies at the bar. JK I have loved and enjoyed RIM's products for 2 years now, but the game is over.
    10-15-11 02:59 AM
    I doubt you are still using a 20 year old Mac. But I still use a nearly 8 year old desktop. I just added RAM cards and Windows 7 two years ago and it runs like a clock. Its a Dell XPS Generation 3 with a 3.5Ghz single core CPU. It has an undersized hard drive, but through cloud computing, it doesn't matter. I can even run a few Steam games on it believe it or not.

Apple doesn't make "the best of everything". Its sad how naive people are.
    Good luck trying to add RAM cards to an old Mac...
    10-15-11 04:21 AM
    Sorry Y'all...Terrible First post,
    Shouldnt be intoxicated, and angered. Especially, at a phone. Just makes you look worse to the ladies at the bar. JK I have loved and enjoyed RIM's products for 2 years now, but the game is over.
    I think the problem is here that you are allowing the past to influence your future, this would be ok if BB hadn't made changes, and I hear to little to late but I don't agree. we have to accept change happens as a result of past difficulties.

You talk about the windows phone experience, I had a Htc HD2 windows phone and it wasn't good when I compare it with my BlackBerry 9810, the big issues "keyboard, the way it's organised, dull and uninspired etc.
    I know it had a Htc UI which helped make up for the bad user experience.

The new windows phone is cloud onlyish, at least when BB outage happened you could still use the phone and access what's stored on it, not the case for some alternative platforms.

This is where I get "clobbered", over reliance on the cloud services isn't good. At least I can control my phone from my PC.

Anyway I wish you well, and that your hangover isn't too bad, did you take the picture in a mirror, ie coz it's back to front
    Last edited by daveycrocket; 10-15-11 at 05:14 AM.
    10-15-11 04:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD