I was watching a story on CNN about some companies telling their employees about not reading work email after work.

Long story short. The reporter says "Employers are encouraged not to check their email on their smartphone or Blackberry from home". I thought it's funny how the media separates Blackberry smartphones.

Just thought i would tell yall that
    01-14-12 09:35 PM
    I saw it too (or a similar report, as I think it was on NBC), I liked that most of the phones people had were BlackBerrys!, nice to see as I hardly see anybody with BlackBerrys anymore. I think RIM can benefit from having the public perception of BlackBerry as a unique device, as long as that image is not that all BlackBerrys are locked down corporate devices.
    VanCity778 likes this.
    01-15-12 06:35 AM
    I was watching a story on CNN about some companies telling their employees about not reading work email after work.

Long story short. The reporter says "Employers are encouraged not to check their email on their smartphone or Blackberry from home". I thought it's funny how the media separates Blackberry smartphones.

Just thought I would tell yall that
    The purpose of the edict was to tell their employees that when you are not at work. STOP working. Spend time with your family(or friends), take in a movie, live your life.

They were trying to tell their employees to 'unplug'(shout out to The Matrix) and go about their lives. A happy/balanced employee is much more productive. Hence, the company become more successful.

Did you really see the article as an attack on BB?
    01-15-12 10:01 AM
    he wasn't leading to the fact this its an attack on BB. i think your reading to much into this. the point the OP was making was that when talking about smartphones in general a BB is usually left out. people can argue if that's a bad or good thing.
    CanadianThomas and VanCity778 like this.
    01-15-12 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD