Mostly I want to see what people have holding them to Blackberry and at one point would you consider a different platform. Death of Blackberry optional, but that can be your only reason if you wish.

Me, I am tied down to the Microsoft ecosystem and so that would really be my only alternative. But before then I need the Blackberry Hub and a comparable touch keyboard. I also have a decent app/game library from the Amazon and Blackberry App Stores that I'd like to keep. I'm not interested in Android or iOS because I have objections to their fundamental design philosophy; and I have reservations using an OS from a smaller, untested player.
    03-11-15 12:34 PM
    I can't think of a good reason to switch to another platform. My BlackBerry Passport does everything I need it to do. I won't even contemplate another platform and think that BlackBerry is here to stay.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    ATV_Hightower and bh7171 like this.
    03-11-15 12:41 PM
    Dropping playbook support worked for me.
    JeepBB and DrBoomBotz like this.
    03-11-15 12:46 PM
    no suitable hardware options to upgrade too and worsening app support
    03-11-15 12:50 PM
    Death of BBRY hardware would be the main thing, or lack of available devices. Don't have any must-have apps outside of what's already provided by BBRY themselves. Have been very satisfied with the Passport and looking forward to see what the slider has to offer. However, if a platform was integrated into cars (used as a key of sorts to allow operation) or other equipment (tvs, stereo/radios, boats, atvs, laser guns, mobile suits, light sabers, etc), I may reconsider before BBRY hardware goes belly up.
    03-11-15 01:21 PM
    A $10,000 smart watch?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 01:26 PM
    The release of the Passport has me hoping they have more innovative devices coming but if I'm not surprised enough by whatever they release, then I'd be open to trying something new. S6 looks very nice in my opinion

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    03-11-15 02:20 PM
    The release of the Passport has me hoping they have more innovative devices coming but if I'm not surprised enough by whatever they release, then I'd be open to trying something new. S6 looks very nice in my opinion

Posted via CB10
    So does the 2 second clip of the slider.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    03-11-15 02:37 PM
    Having this:

http://tactustechnology.com/technology/

Thought exercise: What specifically would make you switch to another platform?-img_20150311_195426_1.png

As well as Pen support.

Posted via CB10
    rhitdoph likes this.
    03-11-15 02:56 PM
    That's a simple one... when they don't offer what I want anymore.

I use a BlackBerry because it is the phone that best suits me. I like the design of their hardware, and I really like many aspects of the OS, but what is most important is the overall company philosophy. The fact that they make security, privacy, neutrality, and communication paramount in their business is why I use a BlackBerry. If that stops happening or those things are circumvented I won't necessarily look elsewhere but I won't treat BlackBerry as the only phone for me anymore.
    03-11-15 02:57 PM
    flying phone
    You know what I mean

CB10 - Q10
    03-11-15 03:02 PM
    I'm very happy with BlackBerry and don't know a specific feature on other platforms that would bring me to change. But who knows what comes tomorrow.
    If I had to switch because of any reason I think I would go to Windows Phone. Seems very interesting to me.
    03-11-15 05:34 PM
    I left BlackBerry from my Torch, prior to bb10, to go to Nexus 4, even the recent release of Lollipop couldn't stop me from getting my Z30 about 6 weeks ago! Now that there is talk of a Slider with PKB, I cannot imagine leaving again, ever. I hate full screen and as soon as I can get the Slider which runs on T-Mobile, the Z30 gets stored.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 07:37 PM
    A 4:3 form factor iPhone/windows phone. Almost the size of passport with or without a keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 08:20 PM
    NOTHING!!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 08:28 PM
    I have to ask only because I've looked at the title of this thread about 10 times. What does Though exercise mean?
    moegh and Dougie011 like this.
    03-11-15 09:39 PM
    So does the 2 second clip of the slider.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    It does but my Z10 needs an upgrade and I was really hoping they would show off more of the slider. I really want it but I'm gonna hold my excitement until I can see some specs and a price point

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    03-11-15 10:08 PM
    I have to ask only because I've looked at the title of this thread about 10 times. What does Though exercise mean?
    Probably thought exercise.
    03-11-15 10:11 PM
    Probably thought exercise.
    Yes. Then I thought maybe he meant Tough?
    rhitdoph likes this.
    03-11-15 10:12 PM
    I chose the Q10 (and the 9930 before it) for the (relatively) smaller size, and the keyboard. The micro HDMI port is great (1080 out), and the battery life is decent. So I'm happy with the hardware.

On the other hand, the software is becoming a problem for me, and that is definitely enough to get me to look for other options. However, if I move away from BB, it'll be to a regular "dumb" phone since I'm not interested in any of the other platforms available right now.
    03-11-15 10:20 PM
    I'd have to say if BlackBerry went under, that's the only time that I would switch brands. I like the look of the iPhone, however using ios ticks me off and the keyboard is just horrendous.

If the blackberry keyboard came to ios I think it would be quite interesting, but I don't think it would make me convert. I love blackberry and how they are Canadian.

I also enjoy how BlackBerry is very upfront (from what I know) about how they handle people's privacy, it's just nice to know that.

I could literally be up all night talking about how much of a blackberry fan I am...

Posted via CB10
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    03-11-15 10:32 PM
    They're the only ones making quality PKB phones. When they stop I'll leave.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 11:11 PM
    NSA nuked to oblivion and online data collection without explicit permission outlawed. Then I'd consider one of the large american companies. I'd consider using a cyanogenmod droid if some company made a high quality physical keyboard android with a unlocked bootloader.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 11:21 PM
    Been itching to get a Ubuntu Phone.
    03-12-15 01:00 AM
    If the other platforms have:
    1) Awesome BlackBerry 10 keyboard
    2) BlackBerry Hub
    3) An actual file manager
    4) Good email handling
    5) Easy way to switch between 3G and 2G

Then I'd switch. Seriously. Those are the most important factors for me. I can live without the gesture based navigation. Android somehow managed to make a simple switch from 3G to 2G and vice versa a complete nightmare

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2243
    JesseBabe23 and MarsupilamiX like this.
    03-12-15 01:15 AM
103 123 ...