Just watched (or am still watching the key note but get the gist) and thought facebook home is pretty cool, i especially love the chatheads.

but for obvious reasons it is limited to android as a facebook skin...

well why do they not just make a facebook app that is the same as facebook home.

Fundamentally this probably contradicts their 'people first' ethos, hence why the home screen on android is entirely dedicated to facebook home, and also, it would probably be a massive file size!!!

but hey, its really good looking, the gestures are nice, fast and smooth... just update the current facebook app to look like home.. its nice!!!
    04-04-13 12:44 PM
    I can't believe as big as fb are their only going to start with Android, ???? No ios, bberry or windows isn't this alienating millions of fb users I imo think zuck has lost the plot
    04-04-13 01:00 PM
    I can't believe as big as fb are their only going to start with Android, ???? No ios, bberry or windows isn't this alienating millions of fb users I imo think zuck has lost the plot
    i agree to a certain extent.. fb are defo gonna have to reach out to everyone else.. although i guess they will argue that android is open source, and they would also like to target the budget market... implanting that on a 99 dollar phone is a win for fb in that sense... although i do like what i saw, and would like that as an app on my blackberry.. the cascades framework would make that work quite well...
    daveshiz likes this.
    04-04-13 01:08 PM
    Facebook is one of the worst run companies I can remember. This only adds to the reputation.
    sleepngbear and SK122387 like this.
    04-04-13 01:29 PM
    Yes. Work on our FB app that integrates with active screens, but I personally do not want a full Home experience. Especially if some of the content appearing on my homescreen is going to be ads.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    04-04-13 02:13 PM
    This is getting ripped apart on social media.. lol

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 02:44 PM
    Facebook is one of the worst run companies I can remember. This only adds to the reputation.
    yeah thats why the company is worth billions and keeps growing.....
    04-04-13 02:56 PM
    From the few seconds I've looked at the articles, it looks like it's basically an Android Launcher (plus other apps), yes? If so, I'm not sure how they could implement that kind of integration on other devices.
    04-04-13 03:00 PM
    yeah thats why the company is worth billions and keeps growing.....
    Good point. As long as companies grow, they must have terrific management. Just like Enron.
    CerveloJohn and jordandrews90 like this.
    04-04-13 03:02 PM
    Because android is the only mobile OS that is extendible in that manner. The multitasking of the chat heads, running on top of other apps, is an impressive feat that didn't require any custom build of the OS. None of the other OS's have that level of API support.

Posted via CB10
    katesbb likes this.
    04-04-13 05:59 PM
    Because android is the only mobile OS that is extendible in that manner. The multitasking of the chat heads, running on top of other apps, is an impressive feat that didn't require any custom build of the OS. None of the other OS's have that level of API support.

Posted via CB10
    I really enjoyed the live stream, I'm pretty excited about downloading this on my GS3 next friday...plus its free.

Win win situation for someone like me who uses social media a lot.

Multitasking FTW.
    04-05-13 05:13 AM
    I hate facebook, I've considered all things, and Facebook is not it, talk about lack of privacy. Who needs big brother.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 06:35 AM
    What im wondering is.... He was showing something where your messages appear right on your screen and you can just swipe them away or read them. What happens when you are getting a TON of messages all at the same time. Im sure most people like me it would be fine and maybe abit busy on a birthday. But what about the people that are really popular. Wonder how a stress test would do
    04-05-13 06:38 AM
    Facebook home is terrible... If you actually think it's cool then I have nothing else to say

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 09:19 AM
    There us a world outside of BlackBerry. And why not start with the OS that is used the most by everyone for everything? Not just business.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 09:33 AM
    Good point. As long as companies grow, they must have terrific management. Just like Enron.
    No....like BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 09:35 AM
    This will be great for those who live on Facebook. Personally, Facebook is a small part of my mobile experience, and I want it to stay that way. I don't want it to be THE mobile experience.
    That's because Android allows them to do all the customizations they want. I don't see it as too much different in theory than a manufacturer skin like Samsung TouchWiz or HTC Sense.
    rishio likes this.
    04-05-13 09:45 AM
    There us a world outside of BlackBerry. And why not start with the OS that is used the most by everyone for everything? Not just business.

Posted via CB10
    I've been sitting here for 5 minutes thinking and I have no idea what OS you're talking about.
    04-05-13 09:56 AM
    I've been sitting here for 5 minutes thinking and I have no idea what OS you're talking about.
    Not too bright? Not hard to look up the top dog. Hint...it ain't got a Bb10 in it.

5 mns? You need more then a capable Os to help you I'm thinking

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 11:01 AM
    Not too bright? Not hard to look up the top dog. Hint...it ain't got a Bb10 in it.

5 mns? You need more then a capable Os to help you I'm thinking

Posted via CB10
    By "OS that is used the most by everyone for everything," you mean most popular cell phone OS. That's where I was confused. Certainly an interesting way of putting it.

No need to call others stupid on this board.
    04-05-13 01:34 PM