Is it really that big of a deal breaker that it isn't a hybrid? There is a couple of people that want a blackberry where I'm at but they want off the nextel network for all except direct connect. I under stand the slower data speeds and all but their phone service is ok around where we live.

Also u think they will have a hybrid sooner than later?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 11:22 PM
    The data speeds was a real deal-breaker for me because it does just affect the internet browsing speed,but also the speed of the navigation apps like google maps,bb maps,etc....Also,for me personally,I'm looking forward to installing Slingplayer which will be streaming & wouldn't even be worth having on Nextels network. As for the voice coverage,it might be true that theirs ample coverage in your area but you always should make sure that you choose a service that would have coverage should you want to travel.

12-25-08 01:29 AM
    I used to own a 7520. I've owned the 8130 for awhile and I rather wait for the 4.5 Sprint OS ( I currently have 4.5 with Alltel) so that I may use the mms service (helps in my line of work). I was going to get the 8350i but decided to keep my Pearl and wait for the os upgrade. If the 8350i was a powersource (hybrid) phone then I would've definitely purchased the phone but due to the fact it's on the slow iden network, i'm not ready to give up the 3g speed for ptt.
    12-26-08 09:27 PM
    I currently have a blackberry pearl with sprint. If I upgrade to AllTel 4.5 I can use mms?

01-08-09 07:11 AM
    I wasn't looking at speed or anything when I upgraded to the Curve with Nextel. Nextel is the only WSP that works in my area for some reason. I wasn't about to go back to paying more in fees and taxes than with basic phone service for a landline due to all the governmental programs. I went with Nextel because they are the only WSP that actually works at my house. I had Cingular when I moved in and I wound having to get a pager for a month and have people page me then I'd go outside and stand in the bean field behind my house and jump up and down to get a signal.

Hence forth why I told Cingular to bite me and I went with Nextel.

I don't really care about the phone whether it's a hybrid or not. Sprint doesn't work at my house, but Nextel does for some strange reason. I did want a CB with a camera in it and finally they came out with the Curve. Now when my kitties do something cute, I'm ready!
    01-08-09 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD