Guys/Gals,

I love the idea of using a docking station with my Bold 9700, but I also currently use a skin that I've gotten pretty used to. Mine isn't the silicon type, it's a bit more plasticky (got it from AT&T) and a little tougher to remove.

Do those of you who use a docking station just use your device naked most of the time? Or perhaps you use the holster.

Not sure I'm crazy about having to take the skin off every day to use a docking station.
    11-15-10 03:57 PM
    I go naked Karis

...but slip it in a pouch after docking
    11-15-10 04:03 PM
    I holster my device and use a charging dock. The dock is a must for me, I have 2, one in my living room and on my nightstand by my bed...
    11-15-10 04:07 PM
    If it's a 9700 it most likely won't fit in the dock with the type of skin you're referring
    to. Even if it's thinner than a silicone kind.
    11-15-10 04:12 PM
    I go naked Karis

...but slip it in a pouch after docking
    Hey Phill!!!!!

I may just have to change my ways and try the dock out! Such a cool accessory!

So are you loving the 9780?? Still trying to decide if I should go for it or stick with my 9700 until the supposed Bold Touch arrives perhaps next year!?

I holster my device and use a charging dock. The dock is a must for me, I have 2, one in my living room and on my nightstand by my bed...
    Thanks....love the idea of getting rid of my old alarm clock too!

If it's a 9700 it most likely won't fit in the dock with the type of skin you're referring
    to. Even if it's thinner than a silicone kind.
    True...I'd have to forgo the skin I'm using
    11-15-10 04:16 PM
    I have a couple of case that I use when I am up and about. I have charging pods
    everywhere (desk at home, at work, parents house, sisters house, etc) except for
    wherever I sleep.

When I am stationary I just take the phone out of the case.
    11-15-10 04:25 PM
    Hey Phill!!!!!

I may just have to change my ways and try the dock out! Such a cool accessory!

So are you loving the 9780?? Still trying to decide if I should go for it or stick with my 9700 until the supposed Bold Touch arrives perhaps next year!?
    You need a charging dock Karis, it's the must have BB accessory!

I'm loving the 9780 thanks... it goes well with the 39mm Explorer
    11-15-10 04:30 PM
    I have a couple of case that I use when I am up and about. I have charging pods
    everywhere (desk at home, at work, parents house, sisters house, etc) except for
    wherever I sleep.

When I am stationary I just take the phone out of the case.
    Cool, so these pods are pretty popular!
    11-15-10 04:33 PM
    You need a charging dock Karis, it's the must have BB accessory!

I'm loving the 9780 thanks... it goes well with the 39mm Explorer
    You're starting to convince me! LOL! Yes, I can see how well it pairs with the new Explorer!!!
    11-15-10 04:34 PM
    Cool, so these pods are pretty popular!
    Oh yeah! As Phil said, a "must have"
    11-15-10 04:36 PM

Thanks....love the idea of getting rid of my old alarm clock too!
    The BlackBerry is a fantastic alarm clock, I have not used a regular alarm clock in a few years. Once you use the dock, you will always use one with future BlackBerry's. Everytime I get a new BlackBerry, that is the first thing I buy...
    11-15-10 04:54 PM
    The BlackBerry is a fantastic alarm clock, I have not used a regular alarm clock in a few years. Once you use the dock, you will always use one with future BlackBerry's. Everytime I get a new BlackBerry, that is the first thing I buy...
    I wish I'd thought about it earlier....have had my Bold for close to a year! Oh well, better late than never!

Thanks again for everyone's responses!
    11-15-10 05:50 PM
    I use 2 different types of holsters and an otterbox commuter. All go in my bedside desk while charging as I use my phone as my clock and alarm
    11-15-10 08:08 PM
    I keep her naked... I just love the way the phone looks so I don't dare cover it up. I use the holster as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-10 10:01 PM
    I dock my Storm2 at night even though I use an Otter Box Commuter series case. It is the case that has a rubber skin and a hard plastic piece that attaches over the rubber skin. It is their case in between the plain skin and the Defender series.

I thought it was going to be a pain at first but I am used to taking it off each night now before charging it in the cradle and it isn't really that big of a deal. I really prefer the grip of the rubber skin in my hand but also love the hard plastic piece that makes getting my 9550 in and out of pants pockets so much easier. I will admit that the Storm2 really is a great looking device naked though. I just don't trust myself to hold on to it without a case on it. The Otter Box Commuter case has already saved my Blackberry multiple times.
    11-16-10 10:03 AM
    Thanks for the great responses.

I took my skin off last night and started using my holster again today to see how it goes. What's SO weird is how small my Bold suddenly feels without the skin. The skin is fairly thin and doesn't really add 'bulk' per say, but there is a difference. My phone feels slippery. Looks better though naked!
    11-16-10 11:25 AM
    Just ordered my charging pod! YAY, can't wait to get it!
    11-16-10 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD