I am the proud owner of a Z30... had it since the day it was released... have gone through all the OS updates ... no issue ( crossed fingers ).... been real happy... have an Iphone 6 plus supplied by my work... the company decided to upgrade all their Iphone 6 yesterday.... did the upgrade... left the phone to charge overnight.. got up this morning and fired it up... guess what total crash... unit either freezes or reset... OK must be a bad upgrade... work called and told me all my appointments for today are cancelled as all the iphones no longer work after upgrade to IOS 9..... cannot do work work without the Iphone and my work app.....day off for me.. so went on to the internet and found this issue is fairly widespread... so to all you unfotunate souls that have issue with BB10 updates... you can now see it can happen to anyone,... so please remember this when you post how aweful a certain update is....
    09-18-15 01:07 PM
    That sounds like a major reliability issue for IOS9. Especially with some businesses trending in that direction.

I know the IPHONE6S launch got a lot of free press on the National News.
    I'm curious how much national media coverage this issue gets.

Posted via CB10
    nevertoofar and bBOLD723 like this.
    09-18-15 02:12 PM
    This kind of thing can do wonders for Apple's reputation
    09-18-15 02:16 PM
    I don't know the details but this isn't acceptable. Saying it could happen to anyone is letting the whole industry off the hook.
    09-18-15 02:35 PM
    this isn't acceptable
    I agree, Apple only has a couple of different versions of hardware to update. Not going to make a great impression on business customers. Actually any customers, LOL.
    09-18-15 02:43 PM
    I agree, Apple only has a couple of different versions of hardware to update. Not going to make a great impression on business customers. Actually any customers, LOL.
    Having a larger support matrix would not excuse this either.
    09-18-15 02:48 PM
    Having a larger support matrix would not excuse this either.
    True. Just think how many programmers and testers they have with all the money they make. Big fail!
    igor10000 likes this.
    09-18-15 02:50 PM
    That's not good but let's see what the media has to say about something like this? "Oh it's nothing major and you should have done some backup or something before upgrading.". So pretty much it's the user's fault if anything happens and not Apple's.

To BB or not to BBBBBB...?
    lift likes this.
    09-18-15 02:51 PM
    Well, backing-up really important stuff before any update on any platform is asking for trouble. But I still see your point.
    09-18-15 02:53 PM
    True. Just think how many programmers and testers they have with all the money they make. Big fail!
    Yes that is what makes it worse. When you are on top you have farther to fall. But the isheep will make excuses for apple just like BlackBerry fans do for blackberry.
    Last edited by DrBoomBotz; 09-18-15 at 07:41 PM.
    lift likes this.
    09-18-15 02:53 PM
    That's not good but let's see what the media has to say about something like this? "Oh it's nothing major and you should have done some backup or something before upgrading.". So pretty much it's the user's fault if anything happens and not Apple's.
    Well, it would have to be a mainstream, heavily reported issue for it to be picked up in the media.

I know the tale on CB is that the press whitewashes Apple's missteps, but it's demonstrably false in the real world.

Either way, it's a dismal occurrence, and I concur with earlier posters in that it is completely unacceptable. Hopefully, it isn't widespread.
    lift likes this.
    09-18-15 02:56 PM
    I am the proud owner of a Z30... had it since the day it was released... have gone through all the OS updates ... no issue ( crossed fingers ).... been real happy... have an Iphone 6 plus supplied by my work... the company decided to upgrade all their Iphone 6 yesterday.... did the upgrade... left the phone to charge overnight.. got up this morning and fired it up... guess what total crash... unit either freezes or reset... OK must be a bad upgrade... work called and told me all my appointments for today are cancelled as all the iphones no longer work after upgrade to IOS 9..... cannot do work work without the Iphone and my work app.....day off for me.. so went on to the internet and found this issue is fairly widespread... so to all you unfotunate souls that have issue with BB10 updates... you can now see it can happen to anyone,... so please remember this when you post how aweful a certain update is....
    The last two Z30 OTA updates I have had to do OS reloads on about a week or two after because the phone was laggy. Definitely better than what you are describing, but BlackBerry has had its share of OS updates that have issues.

Posted via Z30
    09-18-15 02:58 PM
    That sounds like a major reliability issue for IOS9. Especially with some businesses trending in that direction.

I know the IPHONE6S launch got a lot of free press on the National News.
    I'm curious how much national media coverage this issue gets.

Posted via CB10
    I saw a small item this morning about this on BNN (Business News Network- Canada).

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 03:02 PM
    Posted using Z30 on CB
    09-18-15 03:08 PM
    Link or it didn't happen............ .... ....

There's plenty of news about failing to update from 8 to 9.... ... .... but haven't come across any with boot crashes in 9... .... .... ......

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 03:08 PM
    You're holding it wrong
    09-18-15 03:12 PM
    Link or it didn't happen............ .... ....

There's plenty of news about failing to update from 8 to 9.... ... .... but haven't come across any with boot crashes in 9... .... .... ......

Posted via CB10
    http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0RI05P20150918

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 03:18 PM
    I have had no problems with the latest BlackBerry OS updates. The last update on our Android tablet did wipe out our settings and all apps had to be downloaded again. That was a surprise for me.

Apple is like Donald Trump. The more it abuses, the higher it will poll and garner market share, lol.

Posted via Classic
    09-18-15 03:31 PM
    I have said before on this site that anything that is run by software can and will have problems ,I'm a computer engineer and I see this everyday in my job ......software faults are the hardest thing to sort out
    09-18-15 03:43 PM
    Here is a link from Reuters... at this point the update seems to affect devices in different ways.... Neighbours Iphone will not lauch apps anymore.... Apple's response has been "they are working on the issue"... We have 20 at work... 11 reset or freeze... others have apps that will not launch... and lag issues.....Couple of business clients upgraded with no issue at all....

Starting to get a fair bit of media play now... in response to some comments... my point of making this post was to remind some users that not only BB has OS update issues... that is many time the tone many post have when frustrated users post....

Apple customers report devices crashing on iOS 9 update | Reuters
    09-18-15 03:44 PM
    Because Math.

Apple can have the same failure rate as a BB10 update, and still have more actual failures. Number of failures approaching the number of BB10 users, even.

Good news is history tells us they'll crush the problem quickly.
    09-18-15 03:48 PM
    Because Math.

Apple can have the same failure rate as a BB10 update, and still have more actual failures. Number of failures approaching the number of BB10 users, even.

Good news is history tells us they'll crush the problem quickly.
    That is true.
    09-18-15 03:58 PM
    Here is a link from Reuters... at this point the update seems to affect devices in different ways.... Neighbours Iphone will not lauch apps anymore.... Apple's response has been "they are working on the issue"... We have 20 at work... 11 reset or freeze... others have apps that will not launch... and lag issues.....Couple of business clients upgraded with no issue at all....

Starting to get a fair bit of media play now... in response to some comments... my point of making this post was to remind some users that not only BB has OS update issues... that is many time the tone many post have when frustrated users post....

Apple customers report devices crashing on iOS 9 update | Reuters
    QA is expensive... cutting corners on QA can be very expensive.
    09-18-15 04:27 PM
    I agree with the author. I have a "white" Z30 "Muy Guapo and have done OTA upgrades, for every release so far, and have had absolutely no issues, nada, zilch. I make sure it's plugged in to the charger, and let it update overnight. In the morning i do a reboot, and and it does a flawless install and I'm ready to go. My assumption is if you mess around with the phone during the download process, your bound to cause some sort of issue, that's why i do it overnight when I'm not using the phone. So I'm befuddled why people keep posting comments about issues. Why is that all the OS updates are the same aren't they. So if it works for me why not your phone, huh. BTW make sure you keep a current backup at all times. That wif you screw up the download you can recover from that. That issue than Apple is experiencing is pretty severe since some phones got bricked, but of course the apple brainiac fan boys will never tell you that. BTW author tell your boss to fire the IT guy who recommend iPhones.
    09-18-15 06:37 PM
    The whole point of this thread was that while is not okay for Blackberry to mess up an update, bigger companies with gazillions of money and engineers can do a major screw up, so if Blackberry makes a boo boo don't be too hard on them., at least they fix the problem unlike the other guys who tell the user of their product it's their fault, and they actually believe it LOL.
    kbz1960 and Gykesdollars like this.
    09-18-15 06:42 PM
55 123