Hello fellow Gadget Freaks

I notice in reading here it seems more and more people are carrying more than one device, often I see people who own a Bold and iPhone or a Curve and an iPhone, now I see some who are using the Storm along with another BB.

Do you guys switch your sim card between the two devices or is each one on a plan?

How do you like carrying two devices at once? Is it worth the extra bulk or do find yourself using one more over the other?

I sometimes wish I carried one device, I can't give up the Bold for the iphone or the iphone for the Bold ... imagine if you could blend the two devices into one > WOW!
    02-10-09 11:33 PM
    I have seen a very few who do this.... I have heard of many who own a cpl of devices but carry 2 phones for personel use hmm not so much. Maybe a biz and personel phone. Or maybe a Bold, and Itouch but not and Iphone. That just what I have noticed. A Curve and a 10 mp camera maybe.
    But 2 smart phones can't see the reasoning behind that. Just like suspenders and a belt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 12:20 AM
    Suspenders hold the pants up. The belt is to hang things from ....

claire
    02-11-09 12:26 AM
    I carry a murse and am often found with a Bold (primary), an iPhone which is more of an iTouch these days, a Curve or two, and currently a Touch Pro. As of tomorrow, add a Storm to that collection.

I change around if the mood strikes me, but more often than not I'm loaning one to a friend, selling one, or shipping one. So I basically use one personal line, and maybe at times one for biz usage.

02-11-09 12:43 AM
    Due to what I do for a living I do carry 3 phones all blackberries of course.. one ine each pocket and one one a belt clip.One of the phones is personal and the other 2 are straightbizniz.
    02-11-09 12:45 AM
    Also..so to add to this but,I do change sim card on my personal device daily because I will destroy my curve if I dont.
    02-11-09 12:47 AM
    So you have 2 providers. Sounds like atnt and VZW?

I carry a murse and am often found with a Bold (primary), an iPhone which is more of an iTouch these days, a Curve or two, and currently a Touch Pro. As of tomorrow, add a Storm to that collection.

I change around if the mood strikes me, but more often than not I'm loaning one to a friend, selling one, or shipping one. So I basically use one personal line, and maybe at times one for biz usage.

02-11-09 01:12 AM
    i have a Bold and an unlocked Storm that i use on att. i switch the sim card out and change the pin and imei number in my BIS. works like a charm.
    02-11-09 01:14 AM
    No, you can unlock a storm and run it on a gsm network. People do it with the storm and T Mobile all the time.
    02-11-09 01:15 AM
    my storm is unlocked and works perfect on att.
    02-11-09 01:16 AM
    For me it is the fact that the 2 phones have different advantages.
    The Pearl is better for typing for me, so if I am going to be doing
    a lot of email, that's what I use.

The Curve has GPS, which the no car in my Town's motor pool
    has so if I am driving around a lot that's what I use.

Like Greg said, simple SIM card switch, a few minutes on the
    BIS site and I'm done. One is in use, the other is in the briefcase

Also, should one die, I have a backup.
    02-11-09 01:23 AM
    We need the Multi-SIM technology that they've had in Europe for a long time. Up to 3 SIM's for one phone #. I'd love to get that.

02-11-09 01:51 AM
    VZW does not use SIM cards for domestic calling. I have one phone with voice and data and the other two BB's are data only which is a little cheaper.

On the AT&T side I have a Bold, and in the near future I may be picking up an unlocked 8900, and if that is the case then I would just switch SIM cards depending on the phone I was using at the time.
    02-11-09 02:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD