View Poll Results: What OS/platform do you find more appealing?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andriod

48 38.10%
  • iOS

16 12.70%
  • WP7

0 0%
  • I'll stay with Blackberry and hope for the best

62 49.21%
01-10-11 10:05 PM
67 123
tools
    The poll is bound to be skewed away from BB.
    The way the title of the thread is worded, it appeals to those thinking of switching. Most BB users that are happy with their phones will not even open the thread.
    Read the thread title and you'll see the whole point is to get people who are moving away from BB. The only odd thing about the thread/poll is that BB is actually a choice.
    01-10-11 07:31 AM
    I don't care about polls anyway. I was just kidding. I'm not concerned with anyone else's choices. I'm selfish like that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-11 07:33 AM
    we need to go educate every VZW employee of this...they are dumb when it comes to these things
    Not all of us.
    01-10-11 09:23 AM
    My NE2 upgrade happens on verizon in May. I'm not terribly excited with what BB isn't coming out with so it will be decision time for me I guess. Hold tight and "wait and see" or go with a verizon 4G/LTE device which there should be a few of out by then. I could go either android or wm7, iphone just doesn't trip my trigger at all. But my biggest problem isn't deciding which os as much as finding a device that has a physical kb and doesn't weigh a brick. I'm in the minority, but I hate touch screen. I've tried many and have found no love for them at all. When will any device maker fill this niche? It's why I love my bold so much. But at some point I'd like to upgrade to a "what's happening now" device. I just want my real physical kb to come along. I'm excited to see whats coming out tho.
    01-10-11 11:55 AM
    Has anybody read Mike Lazaridis the CEO of RIM and his 10 year plan which is on the front main page of CB today?

There is not much that he says other than enough that I will not be using a BB at the end of March of this a year no matter what VZW has Android 3g or 4g LTE or iphone I know this much.

Sad that it seems to me anyway that BB has no plans like the Android market to bring people not only what they want but what they are buying just by looking at the market numbers and how close the 3 major platforms of phone are to each other.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 01-10-11 at 01:16 PM.
    01-10-11 01:10 PM
    Already left for the G2.
    01-10-11 01:17 PM
    yeah that article is actually from several days ago. That is where alot of the info recently about not seeing QNX soon is stemming from.
    01-10-11 01:20 PM
    I have had the same battle and it REALLY depends your use and a WHOLE bunch of other features. Originally I had the DROID and updated to Froyo 2.2 and yes the browser is amazing add wi-fii and it rivals any laptop. But i work at a computer, have a computer...GPS is ok...(it has gotten me lost on the Turnpike so I am not impressed)
    BTW...the VZNav is the only GPS that did not get me lost...I love it when I use it!
    I like my Blackberry(tour..no wi-fii) because my life is not in Google. I never used gmail and use my calendar for everything. Gmail and google Calendar did not meet my needs, sync correctly with Outlook and my device so I actually sold the device (cant believe they paid more then I paid for it) and went back to my Tour. My device is stable, I love BBM and how the sound quality is when I talk on the phone. Remember that, its a phone.
    Listen Andorid is fun, and has a lot of useless apps, and no matter how hard they try, its not a business tool you need a lot of apps to make it useful.
    It really depends what you need in your device.
    01-10-11 02:06 PM
    Can you get VZ Navigator on an Android? That's my favorite app.

01-10-11 03:35 PM
    yes you can, but you get google maps with turn by turn directions for free
    01-10-11 04:11 PM
    Can you get VZ Navigator on an Android? That's my favorite app.

You can do voice turn by turn for free on an Android--why pay $10/mo for VZNAV??? I'm looking forward to getting an android so that I can thumb my nose at Verizon's Nav fees.
    01-10-11 04:34 PM
    Oh I can't wait to use google nav. But I'm so used to VZ Nav. So Androids can't use it? As soon as I see that Google Nav is good, I'd most likely drop VZ Nav.

01-10-11 04:42 PM
    you can use VZ Nav but i find google navigation much better and not paying $10 a month is great
    01-10-11 04:45 PM
    Thanks. It's nice to have a choice. Free is great though! I'm so excited.

01-10-11 04:54 PM
    I voted Staying with Blackberry,

BUT! that said I am very much looking at Windows Phone 7,
    Just waiting on the form factor, and I'll probably buy one.

Nothing else interests me
    01-10-11 06:24 PM
    I voted Staying with Blackberry,

BUT! that said I am very much looking at Windows Phone 7,
    Just waiting on the form factor, and I'll probably buy one.

Nothing else interests me
    Microsoft mandatest at least a 3.5" WVGA screen for WP7, so there will never exist a QWERTY device like a blackberry.

At least not any time in the near future.

If you like landscape keyboards the Dell Venue Pro is pretty good.

But I wouldn't get my hopes up for a Bold-like WP7 device, or anything as small as a Torch. Microsoft woulnd't allow a manufacturer to put WP7 on a device like that. It's been known since forever. The HD2 didn't even get WP7 because it lacked a dedicated camera button. They're unbending in this.
    01-10-11 09:43 PM
    Microsoft mandatest at least a 3.5" WVGA screen for WP7, so there will never exist a QWERTY device like a blackberry.

At least not any time in the near future.

If you like landscape keyboards the Dell Venue Pro is pretty good.

But I wouldn't get my hopes up for a Bold-like WP7 device, or anything as small as a Torch. Microsoft woulnd't allow a manufacturer to put WP7 on a device like that. It's been known since forever. The HD2 didn't even get WP7 because it lacked a dedicated camera button. They're unbending in this.

I'd accept a 3.5" Portrait Slider, but certainly not landscape
    01-10-11 10:05 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD