I've noticed recently that a lot of people seem to people complaining about glitches on their blackberries pretty often lately with threats of leaving to android or apple because they have less issues. Well, I had a problem with my wife's 5s so I signed into the iMore forums looking for a fix. Low and behold what did I find? Tons of people reporting issues with their iPhone! Apps not working properly, not ringing, screen issues etc. Basically what I'm saying is that all those people who think that leaving BlackBerry is the answer to all their problems need to finally realize that the grass ain't greener on the other side. iOS has just as many, maybe even more issues then bb10. And the issue from an operating system that is nearing 10 years-old. So the only thing I could say is calm down, stay the course and understand that even with its issues, bb10 is one heck of an OS

Posted via my Zee Tree Zero!
    08-27-14 02:11 PM
    I've noticed recently that a lot of people seem to people complaining about glitches on their blackberries pretty often lately with threats of leaving to android or apple because they have less issues. Well, I had a problem with my wife's 5s so I signed into the iMore forums looking for a fix. Low and behold what did I find? Tons of people reporting issues with their iPhone! Apps not working properly, not ringing, screen issues etc. Basically what I'm saying is that all those people who think that leaving BlackBerry is the answer to all their problems need to finally realize that the grass ain't greener on the other side. iOS has just as many, maybe even more issues then bb10. And the issue from an operating system that is nearing 10 years-old. So the only thing I could say is calm down, stay the course and understand that even with its issues, bb10 is one heck of an OS

This is exactly my point, one would swear that the other platforms are perfect. Everyone of the platforms I have used over the last few decades had issues and limitations, I truly find all the negative posts of them leaving BlackBerry for others quite hilarious.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB, lift and warreng like this.
    08-27-14 02:32 PM
    Every platform has problems, same for cars, game consoles etc....
    Nobody said others were perfect

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 02:40 PM
    I have used android ( imo realy sucks) for a year. IPhone for 6 months ( not bad but i'm getting bored with) . Somme how i always return to BlackBerry. It is my 3 th blackberry and imo still the best.

Posted with my Z10
    theRock1975 likes this.
    08-27-14 02:47 PM
    Every platform has problems, same for cars, game consoles etc....
    Nobody said others were perfect

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it's an issue about perfection. There just seem to be so many "sick of the problems, I'm leaving BlackBerry for..." comments, thinking that it will solve all their issues.

And just a tidbit for all, the iPhone in question is my wife's 4th in 2 months because the previous 3 had to be returned for speaker and battery problems. And now there are bluetooth issues with this one

08-27-14 02:53 PM
    ~shrugs~ nothing's perfect when it comes to technology. Grass is greener, perhaps?
    The key is to recognize the overall package and not get caught up in the minute details.
    08-27-14 03:30 PM
    I noticed my BlackBerry's glitch more and get wonky just before an update release.

In fact, when I see my phone do this, I expect an update, and sure enough, its always right around the corner.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 03:32 PM
    Android FTW!!

If you don't like buggy stock you can flash a custom rom ^^

& if you like bugs you can use latest nightly...

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    08-27-14 03:56 PM
    Android FTW!!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    Perhaps it's because I'm approaching 40, but I have no clue what that means...

clickitykeys, peednus and gokulesh like this.
    08-27-14 04:01 PM

I'm 41 junior ^^

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    edyts likes this.
    08-27-14 04:03 PM
    I'm 41 junior ^^

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    OK, maybe it's cause I'm under 40 lol

BB_Junky likes this.
    08-27-14 04:06 PM
    OK, maybe it's cause I'm under 40 lol

Nope, I'm under (but near) 40 and understood his post.
    08-27-14 04:13 PM
    One of my pet peeves is the Blackberry warranty policy. They should warranty the device and stop pushing the warranty issues onto the carrier.

It should be like Apple where as long as the device warranty is good, it doesn't matter who owns the device, they will fix it. As long as it's not reported stolen.

This is one of the reasons why folks will tolerate some of the issues with their iPhones, because they know they have the best customer support on the business.

Someone up their in Waterloo should be taking notes on how the completion does things?
    ghundiraj, acovey, gebco and 2 others like this.
    08-27-14 04:20 PM
    One of my pet peeves is the Blackberry warranty policy. They should warranty the device and stop pushing the warranty issues onto the carrier.

It should be like Apple where as long as the device warranty is good, it doesn't matter who owns the device, they will fix it. As long as it's not reported stolen.

This is one of the reasons why folks will tolerate some of the issues with their iPhones, because they know they have the best customer support on the business.

Someone up their in Waterloo should be taking notes on how the completion does things?
    I agree with you, sadly that too takes resources . This should have been done with BlackBerry 10 Launch, BlackBerry needed to be in touch with the customer directly, rather than depending on carriers. Fielding and solving issues at the time

Posted via CB10
    lift and bakron1 like this.
    08-27-14 04:24 PM
    I agree with you, sadly that too takes resources . This should have been done with BlackBerry 10 Launch, BlackBerry needed to be in touch with the customer directly, rather than depending on carriers. Fielding and solving issues at the time

Posted via CB10
    They tried and let's say it didn't go over so well
    Bbry ended up paying millions in fall out
    And playbook support
    They were getting money from a city and when they decided to break the contract due to cutbacks they had to pay back all the money given plus the cancellation of the contract fees
    It was a big article about it about the Halifax fallout a lot of bad blood

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-27-14 04:37 PM
    Nope, I'm under (but near) 40 and understood his post.
    I'm 50 and using Viper on my HTC One.

Not sent from my Q10. Tapatalk doesn't work on it.
    08-27-14 07:19 PM
    My issues with blackberry are in the customer service, warranty, doouble typing issue and lack of support for some of the most basic social tools. No offense to the devs that DO try, but I love a nice native application with exclusive features. When I last had an iPhone facebook was awesome. I kid you not it's exactly the same here on BB10 as it was 4+ years ago on iOS. And the hanging in the HUB....... Although,the swipe gestures, battery and general productivity this Q10 entails keeps me here but if I run into another phone for a good price with modern specs, jumping ship is not out of the question. Hate me if you must but I have needs and BlackBerry won't even give me the time of day when I'm in the <2%

Double ttyped and posted without the help of autocorrect. Q10 10.2.1.2976
    08-27-14 07:43 PM
    It's the internet. At this stage of the technology, most users are using it as a platform to complained. You can go to Hoover vacuum cleaner websites or Black and Decker food blender forum, all you get from most forum are people complain about anything and everything. No different if you go to TMZ or Huffington Post or Buzz feed. People are born complainers, before internet only those within distance will hear about it . With Internet, it open up a bigger audience for people to complain. It's not going to slow down anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 07:55 PM
    It's the internet. At this stage of the technology, most users are using it as a platform to complained. You can go to Hoover vacuum cleaner websites or Black and Decker food blender forum, all you get from most forum are people complain about anything and everything. No different if you go to TMZ or Huffington Post or Buzz feed. People are born complainers, before internet only those within distance will hear about it . With Internet, it open up a bigger audience for people to complain. It's not going to slow down anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    The Q10 double typing issue is real and yet has BlackBerry addressed this issue at all?
    08-27-14 08:16 PM

Strange the only problem I have ever had with an iphone is the double music tracks in itunes...never had a hardware or software problem..
    08-27-14 09:55 PM

In Android, you can install custom OS's (called roms) .

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/About

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-27-14 10:05 PM
    Two Z10s, a Q10, a Playbook, owned a Curve and two Bolds. Had no problems with any of them. So, I am very happy with my BlackBerrys.

Typed with my Q10, or Z10, or Q10, or...
    lift likes this.
    08-27-14 10:12 PM
    Android FTW!!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    Yeah OK
    08-27-14 10:36 PM
    Grass is always greener....
    08-28-14 01:58 AM
    Sorry for necroposting, I found this while searching something else and I wanted to make a point.

Say BlackBerry sells a million phones and 1% have defects.

Now say Apple sells five million phones and .5% have defects.

So, out of BlackBerry's million phones, 10,000 have defects.

Out of Apple's five million phones, 25,000 have defects, even though Apple has a lesser percentage of defects than BlackBerry. You see more problems with Android and Apple devices because so many more are sold. So it's not that Apple has "more problems" than BB, it's that there are more people with iPhones.
    09-25-14 09:59 AM
30 12