No kilt. All you are saying is that you want your next BB to be an Android. That's it.

There are plenty of devices out there that have a FFC(iphone, Android), and really? Truncated e-mails? Was your last phone an 8310? Cause I am sure that RIM is making those changes you wanted right now. Oh not for BB10, but you know.....so something later down the line. Cause I know if I had an LG Thrill I would be looking for another device as well.
    9800 was the last phone. And people are still complaining about truncated e-mails. This was a huge gripe of mine.

Nothing wrong with the LG Thrill. How much time have you spent with an LG Thrill? Battery life isn't great is my main complaint. I get around 8 hours. But then I never got through a full day on any of my BBs either. Well, I did on my 9700 but then I had the biggest extended battery I could buy in that sucker.
    01-29-12 10:43 AM
    Isn't that basically what Moto was shooting for with the Atrix and it's laptop-sized docking station? Give me that kind of BT connectivity, docking station for a phone or a hard-wired keyboard dock for the PlayBook, and you might see me jumping up and down.
    Essentially, yes, that is what Moto was aiming for with teh Atrix. At&t messed it up in my opinion. Asus is coming out with the padfone which allows this completely. 4" screened phone with a tablet. The tablet isn't a tablet persay in that you can use it by itself but you insert your phone and the tablet becomes a larger version of your phone. More like a big external monitor kinda. The only issue I see is that unless you have BT on a headset, I think the answering of phone calls might be an issue. But I haven't looked into it enough to see how that is handled. It's a really cool concept.

This is what I was hoping the PB would do with my phone and then I could purchase a PB and not have to worry about having another data plan for a tablet. I'd like to have an external monitor that's portable for when I'm at work or on roadtrips.
    01-29-12 10:49 AM
    Again, that exists already, you can work your BB from a PC at least, there's at least 2-3 that I've tried, I can't remember the names, I'll post back.

Edit- Impatica Connector is one

Edit2- SOTI Pocket Controler is another
    Yes..but again..both of these cost quite a bit of money. Impatica is $150, and the other is a yearly fee of $40. I think what people want is these things included, not from expensive 3rd party software or hardware.
    01-29-12 10:56 AM
    Yes..but again..both of these cost quite a bit of money. Impatica is $150, and the other is a yearly fee of $40. I think what people want is these things included, not from expensive 3rd party software or hardware.
    No, soti is one off fee but you only get free upgrades for a year.

$40 is nothing if such functionality is needed.

My point is yet again again, contrary to popular belief, BB does have remote control from a PC.

Edit- Impatica viadock is also just $40 now
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 01-29-12 at 11:11 AM.
    01-29-12 11:08 AM
    So let me get this straight, you're saying a majority of the general public is stupid because they want access to decent browsers and high quality apps? Get off your high horse, RIMM fell asleep and they failed to innovate. It's not rocket science...

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    No its not rocket science.... This is coming from an ip user. As I would expect. What you don't realize is blackberrys has what we want in a blackberry. Just like an ip has what you want.
    Answer me this. If yall like yalls platform so much why are yall here? Why is it so inportant to yall that Rim gets the features your device has?
    I know deep down inside yall want to have a blackberry. You just want to beable to go around a brag you can do this or that with it. I personually hope Rim doesn't sell out and stay the way it is. I'm not alone in this either.
    01-29-12 12:01 PM
    Really I just wish if he was going to talk about other devices, he'd get his facts right. His statement that Androids are all the same is so far from wrong.
    Youbare right. His statement is so far from wrong that it's right!
    01-29-12 12:10 PM
    No its not rocket science.... This is coming from an ip user. As I would expect. What you don't realize is blackberrys has what we want in a blackberry. Just like an ip has what you want.
    Answer me this. If yall like yalls platform so much why are yall here? Why is it so inportant to yall that Rim gets the features your device has?
    I know deep down inside yall want to have a blackberry. You just want to beable to go around a brag you can do this or that with it. I personually hope Rim doesn't sell out and stay the way it is. I'm not alone in this either.
    I'm here because I like the website, oh and I also own multiple bb's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-29-12 12:12 PM

That seems to be the same story for most blackberry fans. We like CB and have mutliple blackberrys.
    01-29-12 01:09 PM

Doesn't matter. Some want you to sing praises or be silent.

One thing I would love to see is an expansion of BlackBerry Protect. It is a good idea that should get some more airtime.
    01-29-12 01:12 PM
    Just here to welcome the new guy and wish him Good Luck.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    01-29-12 03:02 PM
    I don't think this noble idea can work on Crackberry because everyone knows this is the place to go to crap on Blackberries and other phones.

It's hard to satisfy everyone. I'll give you one example the "kilt" guy here said he left BB because of the truncated messages. I actually like that. I can see enough of the message to know what it's about and I don't pay for a bunch of useless data. I travel all over the world and the BB is the only phone I can take and not worry about excessive data charges. i suspect that will change with the BB10 phones because RIM has to be competitive and when people say what Kilt says it seems that it is a disadvantage. I accept that I will lose on that point/ feature.

RIM needs to do four things IMO:
    1. Address the lack of Apps
    2. Build a very high quality piece of hardware (no room for sniping by media)
    3. Build eye candy into the OS
    4. Absolutely no lag.

The android player will help with 1. another help will be advertising that make it very clear BB10 has all of the top apps (of course it has to get them otherwise false advertising).

On #2 RIM can do this. I think for now a full touchscreen and a qwerty are good enough. my only worry is making the qwerty big enough but not too big with the qwerty keyboard phone. I think the screen must have the same ratio as the playbook. I don't see slapping the keyboard on the bottom and it working unless the screen is quite small. But I believe RIM can do it.

On #3 I'm really hoping TAT can come through for RIM. They showed some amazing stuff when the playbook, but we've seen little from them beyond scrapbook. I gotta think they've been working very hard on the BB10 OS.

On #4 I have to say that I'm disappointed with some of the Apps on the playbook, namely Appworld and Blackberry news. Especially with Appworld I get a lot of lags and freezes. i'm hoping 2.0 will fix this but it is way too slow. Most of the PB is good in terms of fluidity, but there can be no exceptions.
    01-29-12 03:28 PM
    Doesn't matter. Some want you to sing praises or be silent.

One thing I would love to see is an expansion of BlackBerry Protect. It is a good idea that should get some more airtime.
    Not sing praises or be silent. We just don't want iphones and androids shoved down our throats. People.don't realize when we went into our carrier store we could have bought whatever we want. For our reasons we bought blackberrys.
    01-29-12 04:00 PM
    ask him if he has seen the new concept design of the blackberry with the front and back display!
    01-29-12 05:27 PM
    ask him if he has seen the new concept design of the blackberry with the front and back display!
    maybe by 2014
    01-29-12 08:26 PM
    To Mr. Thorsten Heins,

I'm sure when you see the complaints on this and other threads, it will give you an idea of what a cross section of your consumers want in a device. I'm also sure you'll see how hotly contested the opinions are here. I would like to request considering as many feasible options as possible, but do not change BlackBerry into Android or iPhone or Windows Phone because that's what everyone else wants.

I will never say you shouldn't try to compete. Many of us here want that more than anything. It's been hard defending BlackBerry these last 4 years I've had one, especially since many of my friends jumped ship to Android. I use my Storm 2 because it suits me. It is my hope that BlackBerry continues to suit me and will suit many others in the future.

I have faith in you, since one of the first things you did was reach out to CrackBerry folks and ask for feedback, as well as open the door between corporation and user in a sense. Do what makes most sense for RIM as a company to satisfy the needs of the customers looking in your direction.

Sincerely,
    berry4life99
    01-29-12 10:49 PM
    I now carry an iPhone 4 and a Bold 9000 e.g.
    Need the Front Facing Camera for cheapo communication when abroad. If the next Torch has a 3.5" screen, metal build, FFC + Skype app, and a more competitive and simpler data plan, the iPhone I do not need. It would make the perfect traveling workhorse phone.

BB Qwerty + BBM is likely the only reason to keep a BB nowadays, and not everyone is willing to pocket 2 devices, and what with Whatsapp and iMessage getting more usage, the primary communications device is bound to be the more updated, more modern, more happier versions of 2008's smartphone wannabe, now the tables have turned, and we don't need another thread about the past and present RIM devices.

Just make us all truly happy, Thor.
    01-30-12 12:40 AM
    ...and a more competitive and simpler data plan...
    Isn't that a function of the carriers? RIM has no control over how carriers handle data plans.
    CommanderElvis likes this.
    01-30-12 09:32 AM
    Isn't that a function of the carriers? RIM has no control over how carriers handle data plans.
    Well, without RIM, there won't be BIS data plans anyways, so I don't think they have less than any say. Down here, the regular data plan has matured into very irresistible packages while the BIS plans are utterly convoluted with hidden things besides the monthly.

Create a worldwide standard where someone traveling the other side of the world wouldn't have difficulty subscribing. One carrier needs key ins, another call and enter numbers and combinations, another one needs a phone call to activate and verify, another needs several detours before I could get to English.
    01-30-12 08:37 PM
118 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD