Why do you keep saying BB has no remote print and doc sync? It does.

Buy Remote Print - Download Remote Print - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

When's the last time you had a look in Appworld? There's been an explosion of lots of new apps recently.
    I haven't looked in Appworld in prob 3-4 years because I can't use Appworld apps. I didn't say BB didn't have remote print. I was stating what I wanted in a phone. If RIM puts out a phone that I want, then I'll buy it and check out Appworld.
    01-28-12 06:07 AM
    These aren't Android features. They're phone features. No one said do away with the qwety keyboard or have only a slab type phone. I want a large touchscreen and so do a ton of consumers. RIM would be stupid to do away with its smaller screen physical keyboard phone. The answer here is RIM concentrates on a few devices--two being one with a physical keyboard and one large touchscreen.

Here's the thing...you don't have to use the FFC. You don't have to play games. Just like you can use hotmail on your phone, you choose not to. Should RIM remove the ability to access certain functions because some people don't use them? My question is why shouldn't a phone be able to do these things even if we don't use them? Just because some people don't need certain functions doesn't mean it should limit those of us that want them.

Because it would be a waste, and smartphone industry must be creating a lot of it these days.
    01-28-12 06:08 AM
    Because it would be a waste, and smartphone industry must be creating a lot of it these days.
    How is it a waste if consumers want it? Which is better--offer a function that a lot of people want and those that don't need it don't have to use it or lose consumers by not putting a function on the phone because some people don't need it?

I know a lot of people that have Garmins in their cars. They don't need GPS on their phones. I don't use GPS on my phone because I have a Garmin in my car. Should we do away with GPS on our phones because some people don't need it and/or use it?

I think it's pretty cool to quickly snap a pic of me on the couch with the kids and shoot it off to my mom. And I mean where you know that you're actually getting a good pic, not guessing. My 3 year old doesn't sit still for very long. Or taking a pic of you and a buddy without having to hand your phone off to someone else to take a pic.
    01-28-12 06:18 AM
    I haven't looked in Appworld in prob 3-4 years because I can't use Appworld apps. I didn't say BB didn't have remote print. I was stating what I wanted in a phone. If RIM puts out a phone that I want, then I'll buy it and check out Appworld.
    Out of curiosity you should have a look in Appworld on your computer, judging blackberry by 3-4 years ago is completely wrong. Things have drastically changed since then.
    01-28-12 06:26 AM
    While I wouldn't need or use some of the features they need them. Doesn't bother me that my car can go 120mph but I never drive that fast, it still drives the speed I want to but will still go 120mph if I or someone chooses to. Nothing wrong with wasted features they are in everything people buy.

If a company is in competition with other companies they need to keep up with or surpass the Joneses.
    howarmat likes this.
    01-28-12 06:27 AM
    How is it a waste if consumers want it? Which is better--offer a function that a lot of people want and those that don't need it don't have to use it or lose consumers by not putting a function on the phone because some people don't need it?

I know a lot of people that have Garmins in their cars. They don't need GPS on their phones. I don't use GPS on my phone because I have a Garmin in my car. Should we do away with GPS on our phones because some people don't need it and/or use it?

I think it's pretty cool to quickly snap a pic of me on the couch with the kids and shoot it off to my mom. And I mean where you know that you're actually getting a good pic, not guessing. My 3 year old doesn't sit still for very long. Or taking a pic of you and a buddy without having to hand your phone off to someone else to take a pic.
    Again, I don't get your point, are you saying a blackberry can't do that?

And a gps is good on a phone for many reasons beside navigating, example sports apps.

And when it comes to taking photos of fast moving objects nothing beats the Bold 9900 edof camera, put it in sports mode and pics will turn up very very clear, no blur at all.
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 01-28-12 at 06:33 AM.
    01-28-12 06:30 AM
    Out of curiosity you should have a look in Appworld on your computer, judging blackberry by 3-4 years ago is completely wrong. Things have drastically changed since then.
    I'll glance it over. And I have no doubt that app availability is a lot better now than when I was using my 9800. Don't get me wrong, I don't think poorly of BB. I always liked my BB phones. But I'm used to certain features that before I'd switch back, I'd want in the device.
    01-28-12 06:42 AM
    Regarding all the features and if they're "needed" or not. I personally won't use the bulk of them BUT its what consumers want these days and if they can put them into a bb phone at a competitive price point I would buy it so long as it also had the current bb features I've come to know and love.
    Who knows? Maybe I'd start to use them if they were available to me.
    01-28-12 06:46 AM
    Again, I don't get your point, are you saying a blackberry can't do that?

And a gps is good on a phone for many reasons beside navigating, example sports apps.

And when it comes to taking photos of fast moving objects nothing beats the Bold 9900 edof camera, put it in sports mode and pics will turn up very very clear, no blur at all.
    No. You were saying BB shouldn't throw in a FFC because it's a waste because you don't use it. I made the point that just because one doesn't use it, doesn't mean you shouldn't include it, you disagreed. So my point was if that was the line of thinking, BB should just throw out GPS because there are enough people using GPS devices in their vehicles that they don't need GPS on their phone. And while GPS can be used for other needs, I really don't know anyone that uses GPS. But my point was that just because we don't use certain features doesn't mean a company shouldn't exclude it if others do want it.

As an example, I just bought a new TV, it has usb ports and wifi capability. Am I going to use either? No. Apparently other people find that useful, so it's good it's thrown in.
    01-28-12 06:52 AM
    I will never need all that from a Blackberry and I will never buy such a Blackberry. You already have a phone doing all that, I don't want BB to turn into a clone of it.
    Its too bad YOU would never use such options but until you make you own phones I'd have to say more is better.

A product shouldn't be judged by what it cannot do but by what it can do or does well, but ultimately it will be... ever hear of the little train that couldn't??? neither have I
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    01-28-12 06:59 AM
    I'll glance it over. And I have no doubt that app availability is a lot better now than when I was using my 9800. Don't get me wrong, I don't think poorly of BB. I always liked my BB phones. But I'm used to certain features that before I'd switch back, I'd want in the device.
    Why do you have to switch back if you're happy with android?

Now let me put it this way, 75 million current blackberry users somehow choose their blackberry regardless of its lack of ffc. What does that tell you?
    01-28-12 07:00 AM

Now let me put it this way, 75 million current blackberry users somehow choose their blackberry regardless of its lack of ffc. What does that tell you?
    and sorry to jump in guys... but doesn't Apple have like 300 million users? that DID perhaps want ffc. Wouldn't that be a nice number for RIM to have?
    azrin640 likes this.
    01-28-12 07:04 AM
    That most of them are forced to use them by their employers?
    01-28-12 07:12 AM
    That most of them are forced to use them by their employers?
    ...because those employers value those BB features that make it still the dominant platform in secure environments....

And while it is true that my introduction to BB was through work, I have chosen it as my preferred platform, as a completely and independent choice.

I've got three BB 7 devices as my personal devices....I just switch them around as the mood strikes. And sometimes I put my Atrix away in favour of my 9810 or my 9860. Matter of fact, I'll be putting my Atrix away for my upcoming trip to Greer, SC. LOVE BB traffic turn by turn directions. I'll be using it there.
    01-28-12 07:30 AM
    To keep this tread on track geeesh...

I'd like Kevin to ask Mr. T hehe to have better sync between BBs. For instance I'd like to share my calendar with my girlfriend (probably NOT a good idea lol) and not go through Google. Why is that even needed??? Use the NOC and let BB phones sync or share without going through a Google calendar! I'm sure more uses are out there than me trying to stay current with her and my busy schedule. Not sure if Tungle.me is part of that but I'd like to know. To RIM: cut out the middle man!
    01-28-12 08:15 AM

I'd like Kevin to ask Mr. T hehe to have better sync between BBs. For instance I'd like to share my calendar with my girlfriend (probably NOT a good idea lol) and not go through Google. Why is that even needed??? Use the NOC and let BB phones sync or share without going through a Google calendar! I'm sure more uses are out there than me trying to stay current with her and my busy schedule. Not sure if Tungle.me is part of that but I'd like to know. To RIM: cut out the middle man!
    Uh, hellooooo, bbm groups shared calendar built in, shared photo folder, list etc
    01-28-12 08:31 AM

I'd like Kevin to ask Mr. T hehe to have better sync between BBs. For instance I'd like to share my calendar with my girlfriend (probably NOT a good idea lol) and not go through Google. Why is that even needed??? Use the NOC and let BB phones sync or share without going through a Google calendar...
    As belfastdispatcher so ably pointed out, BBM Groups are awesome. My wife and I use them to coordinate schedules for our jobs and our kids' activities. REAL easy to share stuff...
    01-28-12 09:18 AM
    As belfastdispatcher so ably pointed out, BBM Groups are awesome. My wife and I use them to coordinate schedules for our jobs and our kids' activities. REAL easy to share stuff...
    Can i also point out it's been available for at least 3 years now if not longer.
    01-28-12 09:30 AM
    i would love more battery life in the bold 9900
    01-28-12 10:12 AM
    So they should just not care about getting as many sales as they can? RIM should just keep producing phones that can't do what a lot of other phones can do?

You're a staunch supporter of RIM and seem to get very defensive for some reason when people criticize BB phones. And so I understand why you'd say this. Me, I don't understand fierce brand loyalty except when it comes to fuel injected vs using a carb. I will never purchase a car that doesn't have fuel injection and power steering. No lie that I have a friend that hates fuel injected cars and can careless about power steering, he thinks that since he doesn't use these things in his cars, they should do away with them in all cars. I personally can't imagine not having power steering.

I like my phones to be able to do things...I don't care what logo is on the front.
    Bingo.

Cell phone use is not gang warfare... at least, not to me. It's all about what fits me best in the end. I'll take the device with the best feature set that fits me to a tee.

I see no problem with RIM adding features that are standard on other devices. It will definitely lure folks back to a platform they were once comfortable with.
    01-28-12 10:14 AM
    Yes I think it is important we stay on track..I think will keep the features that everyone loves, but they also have to keep up with the times and add other features... Its imperative they do.. Thats what this thread is about, to help us get the best phone we can...
    01-28-12 10:31 AM

This is what I think is being said. Its also how I feel. The smartphone market has those devices. Their called android and iphones. But on another note blackberrys can do a lot of the things you mention.
    This is the problem I see. The world doesn't know what a blackberry can do. They just assume the backberry can't do it. For an example you can already and for some time now hook your blackberry to a tv.
    P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-12 10:53 AM

I don't have to switch back. I'm not a brand loyalist. But I always really liked my BB and wouldn't mind going back. Just right now I like my Android phone better.

It tells me that 75 million people are using a BB currently.

If we take the number of users that don't have BBs, then we have a greater number of users. Why did those people leave? I'd assume because the other devices offered something that BB didn't have. Why not eliminate the need for someone to go to another device to get those things they want?

Again, I don't understand why you think BBs shouldn't have things like FFC camera just because you don't use it. Back to my GPS example, let's say you didn't use GPS, would you say that BBs shouldn't have GPS? You seem to have a because you don't need it, it shouldn't have it.

Like with my TV that I just bought, it has the UBS and wifi. I don't need those things in my TV. It didn't cost me anymore to buy it with those things than without. But they put those in there because enough consumers wanted those things. So rather than limit their sales and making people go and buy another brand that have these options, they chose to put 'em in there.
    01-28-12 11:02 AM
    I don't use BBM. A lot of people don't use BBM. According to Belfast, RIM should get rid of BBM because I don't use it.

I say that tongue in cheek.
    01-28-12 11:04 AM
    Bingo.

Cell phone use is not gang warfare... at least, not to me. It's all about what fits me best in the end. I'll take the device with the best feature set that fits me to a tee.

I see no problem with RIM adding features that are standard on other devices. It will definitely lure folks back to a platform they were once comfortable with.
    Exactly. By limiting the options in the phone or really any electronic device, the company is only limiting themselves on bringing in those that want those options.
    01-28-12 11:09 AM
118 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD