I think he should walk out tossing a real fruit apple up and down. Stop look at the crowd take a bite and spit it out and be like eww this apple is old and stale...... Then he can say for anyone who thinks this has to do with something else your wrong while giving a cocky smile.
    01-29-13 11:19 AM
    Stop with the childish nonsense. Grow up! Oh sorry you are only 12 years old.
    Really sorry, I thought this was a fun topic. I didn't see the rule that you could only reply if you are a boring, morose, life-less, crabby, living-in-your-parent's-basement, 40-something with a comb-over.
    ctuffy and antiRIM like this.
    01-29-13 12:21 PM
    The curtain opens. Thorsten and his team are playing frisbee with an ipad.
    Thorsten approaches the podium.
    "That just worked," he says with a smile, "now lets get down to business."
    01-29-13 12:27 PM
    Really sorry, I thought this was a fun topic. I didn't see the rule that you could only reply if you are a boring, morose, life-less, crabby, living-in-your-parent's-basement, 40-something with a comb-over.
    And I was pushing humour back at the comment. Geez, some people are way too sensitive.
    01-29-13 12:30 PM
    The curtain opens. Thorsten and his team are playing frisbee with an ipad.
    Thorsten approaches the podium.
    "That just worked," he says with a smile, "now lets get down to business."
    The first suggestion that made me laugh.
    01-29-13 12:31 PM
    A video of Thor going back in time to when he was a kid.
    He is dressed like George Washington carrying an axe and cuts down an apple tree.
    As the tree crashes to the ground the camera zooms into his face as he is sporting a devilish grin.
    Screen fades to black and then a huge flash of light and AC DC appears on the stage
    Why would a child of German decent travel back in time to pretend to be George Washington? The Red Baron I could picture but an American president?
    01-29-13 12:34 PM

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women." I think Thors could pull this line off with his accent!
    01-29-13 01:06 PM
    His first words alternative should be "(as he walks to the stage removing his winter jacket) hi guys, I just bought a Blackberry Z10 at a nearby carrier store. That's right, it is available now."
    bbmtna likes this.
    01-29-13 01:09 PM
    The first suggestion that made me laugh.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...llenge-765040/

Is better
    01-29-13 01:10 PM
    "They thought we were down and out but that was never the case........ The only reason we delayed the phone is so we could launch it at the perfect time, the perfect date...

30/01/2013, the date adds up to 10, the same reason i am now standing here at 10:00 ET, THIS IS BLACKBERRY 10!!!

(that last bit he will shout in the style of THIS IS SPARRTAAAAAA!!)

Peace.
    01-29-13 01:34 PM
    Somehow I'm visualizing something similar to our local minor league hockey starting lineup show.... A deep voice says "Ladies and Gentlemen, the future of mobile computing...begins...now!" followed by a fireworks/laser show accompanying a montage of video clips of BB10...then "Ladies and gentlemen...the CEO of BlackBerry (or rim, whatever)....Thorsten Heins" and he comes out center stage through a fog or smoke cloud

I dunno, maybe over the top? That's just what I'd go with for starters. Because you know once they start demoing a real Z10, things are only going to get better.
    01-29-13 01:49 PM
    "We Are BACKKKK"
    01-29-13 03:58 PM
  13. Professional_Tickle_Fighter's Avatar
    Thor and unknown thug walk on to stage together (Strobe lights and smoke are a given). Music starts. POW - it's LL Cool J and Thor, they destroy the BB10 Version of "Momma Said Knock You Out" BAM! Oh, whats that, the BB10 "Fly Girls" from "In Living Color" (see next post) bust out from behind the curtains and do the official BB10 dance. Sales go through the roof. Nuf Said.
    thekidshop likes this.
    01-29-13 04:30 PM
  14. Professional_Tickle_Fighter's Avatar
    01-29-13 04:33 PM
    He needs to go out there with Thor's hammer, and smash a GS3 and an iPhone 5 that would be onstage. Then, have a Z10 and X10 rise from the stage, taking the other devices places, while a lightning effect is going on behind him. Then, have the screen behind him say "BlackBerry 10, Smashing the completion!" and then display the release dates.
    Hahaha this is great. A lot of these suggestions were really corny, he doesn't need to have some 'iconic' opening line for this presentation to be a success. He needs to introduce himself and then the product, no one's gonna care if he had a witty opener, they want a good product.
    01-29-13 04:39 PM
    Thorstein walks in looks at the camera and says "yes, we are really launching the BB10 today...unlike Steve Jobs, RIM and the BlackBerry are NOT dead" .

Okay, so I am just poking some fun in really bad taste...it's just a joke so don't take it too seriously. No harm or disrespect was intended towards Steve Jobs. He did what Apple could not have done on their own in my opinion.
    01-29-13 05:07 PM
    He should present an Apple spoof, like Jobs did of Microsoft.
    01-29-13 06:12 PM
    I have noticed your profile has older devices listed and crossed out. Very cool. How do I go about replicating that?
    Thanks.
    01-29-13 06:12 PM
    I'm fine as long as he doesn't do this: or pull an Elop.

Thorsten's first words on Jan 30 ....-bakibg.png
    01-29-13 07:35 PM
  20. Master_of_Karate_and_Friendship's Avatar

Thorsten dressed up as a Z10 with this playing in the background. No? Just me?
    berry4life99 likes this.
    01-29-13 07:55 PM
    Come out with viki on the z10 saying "Hello world" =)
    01-29-13 08:05 PM
    How about this:

"Welcome...to a new age, a new era in technology. Welcome...to Blackberry 10."

Short and sweet, and to the point.
    01-29-13 08:38 PM
    An Android commercial starts playing (to many boos and hisses) and the mighty Thor comes out, grabs a mic off a mic stand turns to the screen and says, "I'mma let you finish...but BlackBerry 10 is the greatest mobile platform this year!"

As unlikely as it may be, I giggle a little inside from this...
    01-29-13 09:01 PM
    Why would a child of German decent travel back in time to pretend to be George Washington? The Red Baron I could picture but an American president?
    Ever hear the story of George Washington cutting down the Cherry Tree? So use an Apple tree. Who cares?
    01-29-13 09:01 PM
    Should end it by asking the phone a question (Whatever BB10's Siri equivilent is).

Thor: When is BB10 available
    Diri: Midnight tonight.
    01-29-13 09:53 PM
105 ... 2345