It should be clear by now that Blackberry fans and almost its all of 79 Million subscribers love the Blackberry for its safety and keypad. Had it not been these two features looking at how the BB OS 7 is on the Bold phones many would have flocked and we would have not seen the 79 Million subs. Why the delay in the Q10 launch. Imagine how awesome that would have been with the BB10 OS. Its very frustrating for the loyal BB customers who love the keypad. Now Thor says it shall be available for JUNE??? Give me a break. 1 month delay is fine but June that is simply not the best way a struggling company like BB can afford. There can't be any explanation for the delay Q10 launch. IMHO they sould have gone with both the phones at one go by which they would have even attracted many customers from other phone users especially Android.
    02-06-13 04:41 AM
    Where has it been announced that June would be the release date for the Q10? I must admit I've not seen any dates yet
    02-06-13 05:47 AM
    No one has EVER said it is going to be available in June.
    Before you make a thread, make sure you have valid facts to go with it.
    02-06-13 06:04 AM
    From the company's point of view it is totally reasonable that they released the Zed10 first. A hardware keyboard model is never going to convince most of the current android / ios / wp users. BlackBerry needs to appeal to that market first, even if it means (I definitely want a Q10 too) that the Q10 comes later. They had to prioritize and I think they did that right.

Still hope it will be sooner than later of course!!
    Dapper37 likes this.
    02-06-13 06:10 AM
    There are MAJOR differences between Z10 anx Q10! The screen! And a completely different method of input. - Keyboard.

Blackberry aimed at touch screen first. And it is proving to be a wise choice. Many Z10 purchasers are switching to Blackberry! Q10 will take time to finish - as Thor has always said. And current Z10 delays are due ro carriers, not Blackberry.

You want Q10 ASAP. I want Z10 ASAP. Blackberry has proven that their choices are working. They can sell Z10's faster than Q10's!. By the time Z10's reach USA, first updates will have already been released. Remember that USA press loves to ignore Blackberry strongpoints and magnify need for improvenent.

I want long term success for Blackberry more than rushing products out too soon!

Congratulations to Blackberry for overcoming major QNX challenges. I impatiently await Z10.
    02-06-13 06:32 AM
    There can't be any explanation for the delay Q10 launch.
    I guess that settles that.

Welcome to CB.
    hpjrt and kevinnugent like this.
    02-06-13 07:00 AM
    Where has it been announced that June would be the release date for the Q10? I must admit I've not seen any dates yet
    He talking about U.S. availability. Disappointed by this too, stupid carriers.

BlackBerry Q10 won't arrive in the US until May at the earliest | The Verge
    02-06-13 08:07 AM
    Better be careful of what you say about Thor...you might get a hammer to the face.

If it's delayed that's fine. We need to start looking at the bigger picture. The os is now released and it's great and it's only going to get better. Now that it's out there more people will see it in person and I believe slowly blackberry will start winning back market share.
    02-06-13 08:33 AM
    Better be careful of what you say about Thor...you might get a hammer to the face.

If it's delayed that's fine. We need to start looking at the bigger picture. The os is now released and it's great and it's only going to get better. Now that it's out there more people will see it in person and I believe slowly blackberry will start winning back market share.
    The delay is not fine. Bigger picture for BB is some wont wait. Losing customers is not something they can afford. I am not interested in this phone but I feel the pain of the people who are. BB needs to speed thing up, somehow.
    02-06-13 08:37 AM
    It's not up to them though. Blame American carriers. They are the ones still testing.
    02-06-13 08:54 AM
    ^
    Exactly.

Why are americans blaming Blackberry when it's a carrier issue?

UK carriers had no problem releasing the day after launch.

Canadian carriers had no issue releasing it 6 days after launch.
    02-06-13 08:58 AM
    It's not up to them though. Blame American carriers. They are the ones still testing.
    Thats something that has been debated to death here,It needs to hurry up, somehow.
    02-06-13 08:59 AM
    ^
    Exactly.

Why are americans blaming Blackberry when it's a carrier issue?

UK carriers had no problem releasing the day after launch.

Canadian carriers had no issue releasing it 6 days after launch.
    Q10. Do you have this phone available to you?
    02-06-13 09:03 AM
    Also getting to other markets first isn't the worst thing that could happen. Build up hype get good reviews and make salesn in markets that still like BB
    02-06-13 09:04 AM
    Not everyone who has been accustomed to BB keyboard would simply wanna switch to the Z10, poor them having to wait longer for the Q10
    02-06-13 10:45 AM
    Q10. Do you have this phone available to you?
    I'm using the z10 as an example.

The release of the q10 won't be different with US carriers dragging their feet.

BlackBerry Q10 on Track for April Launch | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

"BlackBerry set the record straight today, saying in an email that "we expect the first global carriers to launch the BlackBerry Q10 in April."

"We are working closely with our carrier partners to accelerate their testing process, but cannot offer any specifics on US availability," BlackBerry added."
    02-06-13 11:17 AM
    I'm using the z10 as an example.

The release of the q10 won't be different with US carriers dragging their feet.

BlackBerry Q10 on Track for April Launch | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

"BlackBerry set the record straight today, saying in an email that "we expect the first global carriers to launch the BlackBerry Q10 in April."

"We are working closely with our carrier partners to accelerate their testing process, but cannot offer any specifics on US availability," BlackBerry added."
    Well this thread is about Q10, but as long as you have it all figured out I guess we can expect the same delay.
    02-06-13 11:23 AM
    you do know thor never said anything about the q10 being delayed. the press are using old information and twisting it with current information.

if you dont believe me, find me the direct quote from thor saying the q10 is delayed for an extra ten weeks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-06-13 11:26 AM
    The iphone and Android devices that cost RIM the majority of it's market share in the U.S. had no keyboards.....
    ....RIM lost those customers simply because the Blackberry couldn't do a fraction of what IOS and Droid could do.
    ....I think RIM was right to release a touch screen first and let's hope when the phone hits the shelves in April the apps are there.

By that time the Q series will be out and if the the big name apps are there life will be GOOD for RIM.
    02-06-13 11:29 AM
    The iphone and Android devices that cost RIM the majority of it's market share in the U.S. had no keyboards.....
    ....RIM lost those customers simply because the Blackberry couldn't do a fraction of what IOS and Droid could do.
    ....I think RIM was right to release a touch screen first and let's hope when the phone hits the shelves in April the apps are there.

By that time the Q series will be out and if the the big name apps are there life will be GOOD for RIM.
    Agree..unless Apple or an Android hardware maker can create a better qwerty device then what BB can offer between now and April-June.
    02-06-13 11:35 AM
    This was posted today by Blackberry Empire...

U.S. Won’t See The QWERTY BlackBerry Q10 Until May-June
    Thorstein Heins tells the Associated Press that the Q10 won’t ship out in the United States until 8-12 weeks after the BlackBerry Z10 has arrived, which will be arriving in late March. early April.
    Am I a bit disappointed [by the delay],” said Heins. “Yeah, I would be lying saying no. But it is what it is, and we’re working with all our carrier partners to speed it up as much as we can.”
    We will see how this all plays out and how the BlackBerry Z10 launch in the United States goes.
    Source: AllThingsD, Associated Press
    02-06-13 01:42 PM
    This was posted today by Blackberry Empire...

U.S. Won�t See The QWERTY BlackBerry Q10 Until May-June
    Thorstein Heins tells the Associated Press that the Q10 won�t ship out in the United States until 8-12 weeks after the BlackBerry Z10 has arrived, which will be arriving in late March. early April.
    Am I a bit disappointed [by the delay],� said Heins. �Yeah, I would be lying saying no. But it is what it is, and we�re working with all our carrier partners to speed it up as much as we can.�
    We will see how this all plays out and how the BlackBerry Z10 launch in the United States goes.
    Source: AllThingsD, Associated Press
    As i keep saying in other threads, at no point in that interview is Thor quoted as saying that (the eight to ten week delay bit). They keep referring to earlier times it was said and mixing it in with the recent interview
    02-06-13 02:05 PM
    I believe this is the original AP article written by Rob Gillies that all the other sites are referencing from...
    New BlackBerry to be released in US in mid-March
    02-06-13 05:34 PM
    As others have noted, this is not new. In fact, when BlackBerry 10 was supposed to ship for Christmas, the keyboard device was still coming out the following year. They are actually closer together now, with Z10 launching in February and RIM trying to get Q10 out the door for April if they can. 2 months, give or take a few weeks
    02-06-13 05:41 PM
    I have been hanging on to my 9000 for an upgrade for over a year. I have been a loyal BB user for 12 years here in the US and unless I'm way off, the US market is what made BB in the beginning. I understand that they have slid in the US the past several years, but that is because they did not keep up with the times, yet diehards like me kept hanging on. Now I feel like an afterthought, I don't need the Z10, I need a modern OS, fast browser, 4g and a keyboard.....Q10, Could care less about games and wasteful apps. Now I have to wait until May or June, which really means July or August if I'm lucky. No respect for the faithful, just modern business !!!
    02-06-13 06:09 PM
32 12