hello,

I am thinking about switching from a storm to the tour. I like the storm and everytihing I am just not into the touch screen any more. Is there any one out there had a storm and switched to a tour? Is there much difference in the phones?

Thanks
    Dan
    02-19-10 08:28 AM
    Of course there's a big difference; it's in the screen real estate. I personally don't like virtual keyboards myself; I've never found them to be convenient for prolonged typing. But the Storm's screen is the biggest advantage it has over its other siblings, including the Tour. The Tour is a better phone than the original Storm, although the jury is still out between Storm 2 and the Tour. The Tour does have memory than the original Storm, and now that it's running OS 5.0 for all service carriers (with the exception of Verizon), is a lovely device to have. The only Blackberry in my opinion that might be considered superior to the Tour is the Bold 9700.

I would highly recommend waiting for Tour 2, which is coming out anytime now. It'll be an improvement over the current Tour, to the extent that it incorporates wireless, on-board memory and a track pad. In fact, although it is impossible to tell for sure before it comes out, I think it will oust the Bold 9700 as the best Blackberry when it is finally released. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong, but I think you might regret it if you get the Tour only to have the Tour 2 arrive weeks later...
    02-19-10 09:30 AM
    Do it, but wait for the T2.
    02-19-10 09:49 AM
    Thanks everyone on the help with deciding to keep the storm or switch to the tour. I can do a upgrade on March 21st so I hope that the T2 comes out between now and then. I have never used a track pad before on a cell phone so that would be something nice.
    02-19-10 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD