can you not use gmail through the hub? it works on playbook...
    Wont have push email unless you're a paid user.
    01-29-13 09:47 PM
    Wont have push email unless you're a paid user.
    was that specifically said... bc pb has push email from gmail.
    01-29-13 09:53 PM
    was that specifically said... bc pb has push email from gmail.
    The exchange active sync push support will stop on Feb 1st. New activations will not have push anymore.
    01-29-13 10:08 PM
    The exchange active sync push support will stop on Feb 1st. New activations will not have push anymore.
    good thing I dont use push lol. I just check my emails whenever i feel like it, but that is a bit weird.

can we not port the android version?
    01-29-13 10:16 PM
    I just haven't found an email server that gets sent to my phone as instantly as gmail.

Sent from my game boy color
    01-29-13 10:54 PM
    imap supports push, doesn't it?
    01-29-13 11:17 PM
    I un Googled myself a couple of months ago. The only thing I still use is Youtube.
    I went to Outlook.com as soon as I heard that they would embed Skype. I expect it will be HTML5 based.
    Microsoft launches Outlook.com with built-in Skype- The Inquirer
    Outlook.com: an all-new Metro style Hotmail with Skype video calling | The Verge
    Guess who has the best HTML5 browser?
    :>)
    01-29-13 11:29 PM
    What's the difference between IMAP and push? I feel that I get my email all the same?
    01-30-13 12:19 AM
    I stopped using all Google services (except YouTube because let's face it, there isn't really an alternative) a few months ago. Their opinion on corporate taxes and their low blows against Microsoft pushed me over the edge, only to find that Bing, Bing Maps and Outlook.com are brilliant and beautiful and IMO better than Google services.
    01-30-13 02:58 AM
    I use my own personal domain handle, I've just changed the MX records so now my email is managed by outlook.com, works perfectly fine on my blackberry, just wish it had more of a BES feel though with calendar sync & notes, also when you read a message on your blackberry it will mark as read in outlook.com but not vice versa. The other plus is contact sync so that's nice.

I've tried Yahoo, it used to be really good for calendar sync then it went downhill and things started breaking all over the place.
    I've tried Gmail, I really didn't like the interface, maybe its changed now I don't know.
    01-30-13 03:03 AM
    BB10 uses CalDav and CardDav for Gmail. It will continue to work on BB10 and sync calendar, contacts, and email, even after they disable ActiveSync.
    01-30-13 06:24 AM
    so... im currently still using my 9700.. and i've always used yahoo, etc. etc. for email... and push is just perfect on my 9700!
    now i'll be getting the Z10, and i recently switched over to gmail.. (love it), but now you're saying i won't have push on BB10 when using gmail?
    that sucks : /

how does it work then? always loved push..
    still using the other email services, but mostly just for people whom i don't want to have my real email, or for registering on websites and stuff like that..so i was really hoping for push to work with gmail on bb10 : /
    01-30-13 06:44 AM
    what's the best options out there?
    Buy a cheap domain with email service.
    Setup email accounts for your own personal use.

i.e.

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

etc.... etc...

Then just connect them to FaceBook, LinkedIn, YouTube or whatever for all the Hub in your life.
    01-30-13 06:55 AM
    I too want to break clean of Das G-Reich. Just have gmail left. I started an outlook.com a few months ago but Haven't used it much yet. I want to compare it to gmail on BB10 first. I am regularly employed but have a contract business too. I also think outlook.com looks more professional. I own the website in my sig. I could use that domain but its just a hobby and not related to my profession.
    01-30-13 07:28 AM
39 12