9700 on AT&T/T-Mobile. 9630 on Verizon/Sprint.
    03-30-10 08:18 PM
    Verizon, wait for the bold 9650. If your on AT&T get the Bold 9700

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 08:21 PM
    On ATT your best bet is the 9700, on Verizon your best bet is the 9550 Storm2 or to wait for the 9650 Bold2.
    03-30-10 08:35 PM
    She says she is using AT&T? What does that have to do with Big Red?

9700 is for sure a nice phone, love mine and I did a lot of research before I purchased it as it was that or the mytouch3g, cliq, Samsung Behold2 and ended up with the Bold as I just couldn't get into the touchscreens.

I even used a Driod from time to time as my SIL has one and she loves it, however it lagged really bad and her internet was slow as well, with full bars. Even my wifes Internet on her mytouch3g isn't all that fast. I am browsing just as fast with Opera5 installed....

They really are nice phones for sure, the 9700. Can't go wrong.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

As far as the keyboard goes, it is a little small compared to other BB's, minus the Pearl, however compared to touchscreens even in landscape mode, it is easier to type on a 9700 compared to any other touchscreen I have used. I don't even look half the time and I have big hands...
    That's weird the Droid's internet was laggy that's one of its best traits, fast internet. Hmmm must have been a bad one.

03-30-10 08:39 PM
    9700 is the best blackberry to date
    03-30-10 08:42 PM
    Going 2morrow to scope out the 9700. Wish me luck!!
    Good luck....You'll love it.......
    03-30-10 08:54 PM
    I hope so. Sooo tired of what I am using now.
    03-30-10 10:01 PM
    She says she is using AT&T? What does that have to do with Big Red?...
    It's kind of hard to use a Droid on AT&T. Maybe the OP doesn't know what she is using if she's truly on AT&T...

Amen to that! I hate getting on the internet with my droid!!!!
    If you hate the Internet on an Android webkit browser, be prepared to be really disappinted by the Blackberry experience... won't matter which model you pick.
    03-30-10 10:45 PM
    If you hate the Internet on an Android webkit browser, be prepared to be really disappinted by the Blackberry experience... won't matter which model you pick.
    Now that truly deserves an Amen!
    03-30-10 10:48 PM
    Today is the day....heading out. Hope to beat the crowds!!
    03-31-10 07:30 AM
    Good luck!

03-31-10 07:34 AM
    Today is the day....heading out. Hope to beat the crowds!!
    Do it! Now!
    03-31-10 07:54 AM
    That's weird the Droid's internet was laggy that's one of its best traits, fast internet. Hmmm must have been a bad one.

Funny you mentioned that as she is on her 2nd one and she said they both perform the same on the internet.

She took it in the first time due to the slider part breaking, lol!

IMO they are overrated, but each phone has problems with it, just IMO I am not impressed with it at all.
    03-31-10 11:16 AM
    It's kind of hard to use a Droid on AT&T. Maybe the OP doesn't know what she is using if she's truly on AT&T...

Yeah, dawned on me after I wrote that as I was confused as she had AT&T/Cingular next to her name and then I was like, wait she is using a Droid....

So wrong on the Internet though. OP, you will need to DL Opera5 and can do so OTA on your 9700 or Bolt 2.0 and if you are in an area that gets good connection, then you will have a good web browsing experience. I ultimatley like Bolt 2.0 as it is more stable as Opera5 can be buggy at times, however the speed is crazy! Takes me tops 10 seconds to load a full HTML page, which is pretty fast for a cell...My wifes takes just as long on her mytocuch if not longer, same with the Cliq and Driod. ****, I have had my wife ask me to look stuff up as her phone was taking too long......case in point!
    03-31-10 11:21 AM
    I agree totally!
    03-31-10 12:38 PM
    Glad I could help, enjoy your 9700!
    03-31-10 05:04 PM
    If I had the cash, I would get the 9700...as everyone else says, it really is the best BB out there.
    04-01-10 12:58 AM
    I have just become a BB user and grabbed the 8520 and I hae to say its actually nice to have a proper keyboard and not poking at a touchscreen!

Think I am now a converted BB user and will be sticking with them for years to come, which for me makes a change!

I have only had the phone a couple of weeks and am impressed by it - after 2 weeks of a HTC Diamond I wanted to throw it out the window!
    04-01-10 04:35 AM
    Hello all you BB "users"! Thinking of defecting to a BB...any recomendations and suggestions?
    That's not called defecting. Defecting is anybody buying an iPhone
    04-01-10 09:29 AM
    Waiting for my upgrade date and then I will be getting a 9700
    04-01-10 01:25 PM
    That's because she's most likely running the 2.0.1 OTA update. That update is notorious for having the browser lag. The new 2.1 update fixed that issue and even included multi-touch in the browser. No lag at all here!
    I doubt that as she is not very tech savvy and probably didn't even know about that update old or new. I will see about doing it for her though and see how it reacts as she hates browsing currently.

04-01-10 03:15 PM
    Let me be another to say...9700!
    04-01-10 08:34 PM
    I love my Tour 9630
    04-01-10 11:20 PM
    I wish I could feel the sameway about my 9630 I can't wait until the new one comes out, and then all the bugs get cleared out after the initial months, then I'll be able to upgrade
    04-01-10 11:24 PM
    Driod is fun to use as a toy. But was not easy for me either. Nothing seem to be done as it should. You might wait for the essex or slider that should be coming soon to verizon. I have been waiting for a month or two. Hoping this month. my curve is getting to slow b/w apps
    04-02-10 12:07 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD