I've never had to do a battery pull with my Z10. I've had my Z10 since April 2013. And it only froze once, when the phone died after two months. I got a replacement, which I've been using for a year, and have never had a problem with it.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 02:58 PM
    Yes, the Legendary Howarmat is still around & still ardently promoting iPhones.

Posted via CB10
    LOL. The last I heard, he was using a Z10 LE, Nexus 5 and a Lumina xxx. No iOS that I've heard him speak of...
    07-08-14 03:10 PM
    Can't pull the z30 battery.....lol. Anyhow, my z10 and now z30 have never let me down. Can't wait for 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 03:34 PM
    No memory leaks and extremely rare to have to do a hard reset.... bb10 is SOLID....

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 03:40 PM
    No BlackBerry 10 isn't BBOS, never had to do a battery pull on Z10 and can't nor need to on Z30. I know all about battery pulls on BBOS and memory leakage, with this new OS, it's a thing of the past, this is what I think BlackBerry needs to properly articulate. Thanks for your question OP, it's necessary for past users like yourself to be informed of the change, BlackBerry has done little to correct the mis perception ,

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 03:51 PM
    I have a z10 and I never do battery pulls, even if something happens, I do a Hard reset, which just restarts your phone!

And besides since bb10 runs android apps, you get all the apps!and BlackBerry 10 has grown and is awesome!

The passport is not a phablet bit it's a passport(i guess)

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 03:56 PM
    I've owned two iPhones, a 4 and a 5s (current device). Never had to reset them once.
    A year & a half in, I've never had to do a reset, but I do it sometimes just to satisfy myself that the phone is fresh.
    07-08-14 04:22 PM
    Just to clear up any confusion, I have restarted my iPhones before just for the sake of having the phone off. I have never restarted an iPhone because of degradation of performance or something wonky going on.

Also I read that the Classic is actually the Q20 and that they are bringing back the hardware buttons and trackpad. Is this because the Q10 didn't make enough of a splash? Possibly to bring back users to Blackberry? Does this mean that going forward all traditional Blackberry devices will feature the trackpad and no more Q10 like full touch screen (without buttons)?
    07-08-14 04:33 PM
    Just to clear up any confusion, I have restarted my iPhones before just for the sake of having the phone off. I have never restarted an iPhone because of degradation of performance or something wonky going on.

Also I read that the Classic is actually the Q20 and that they are bringing back the hardware buttons and trackpad. Is this because the Q10 didn't make enough of a splash? Possibly to bring back users to Blackberry? Does this mean that going forward all traditional Blackberry devices will feature the trackpad and no more Q10 like full touch screen (without buttons)?
    I would say it does not mean that considering the passport keyboard. They did this for the enterprise customers and die hard BB OS users who wanted it from what I've read.
    Playbook007 likes this.
    07-08-14 04:36 PM

They are bringing it back via Q20, because, it seems some corporate clients were reluctant to use the Q10, as they were not willing to try something new, the Q20 or Classic incorporates the hardware essentially of BBOS with the new BB10 OS. Giving the old clients the feel of the hardware of BBOS. Yes the Passport is considered a Phablet of sorts. Btw, I'm in corporate and we made the switch almost to 75 % now. It has been very smooth, though some of our employees prefer the keyboard so we are currently holding off the entire transition, till the new devices come on line. The difference in terms of IOS and BlackBerry 10 is really chalk and cheese in terms of email and communications in general , I also use the 5S and it's just better on BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 07-08-14 at 04:50 PM.
    Playbook007 likes this.
    07-08-14 04:39 PM
    Sounds like a more convenient way of doing things. But does that imply that memory leak still exists in the Blackberry universe?
    Memory leak can exists in any program. Having used iPhone on various occasions, I can say for sure that iPhone has its own share of memory leaks as well and that's a lot considering that iOS is the least flexible OS. Less options you give to your users, more fault proof your system becomes. BB10 gives way more options and power to its users than iOS. I would chose BB10 over iOS any day.
    07-08-14 04:55 PM
    I think you quite quite lucky. My wife's primary problem with her 5, has been app lockup. Everything is fine unless you move quickly between 2 apps. Then it just seems to freeze; this leads to a standard hard reboot. Happens about once a week. I suspect this the reason Apple has an aversion to multitasking.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 09:21 PM
    LOL. The last I heard, he was using a Z10 LE, Nexus 5 and a Lumina xxx. No iOS that I've heard him speak of...
    LOL... no need responding to the potshots.
    07-08-14 10:16 PM
    Q: Has Blackberry 10 (at the very least in its latest version) eliminated the dreaded memory leak of yesteryear?
    A: Yes the OS's foundation is QNX and that is a MISSION CRITICAL OPERATING SYSTEM in other words rock solid.

Q: Is the Passport Blackberry's "phablet"?
    A: It's higher than phablet, it's a Workstation computer with GSM/LTE capabilities.

Q: Does the legendary Howarmat still exist on these forums?
    A: I can't help you there, still new to CB as a member.

cheers!
    07-08-14 10:34 PM
    Never did a battery pull on my Z10, but know I have a Z30 and loving it.

Posted from my awesome Z30!
    07-08-14 10:50 PM
    done a battery pull maybe twice in a year, resets i can count on one or two hands...

so to answer your question, no more mem leaks on BB10!.. but I do remember good 'ol BBOS having to do a batt pull weekly if not more often lol...

and yes imo the Passport is BB's Phablet, for now...

but no the Classic doesn't mean they will be putting the trackpad & buttons on every future phone.. kb phones will still retain touch ability.
    07-08-14 11:32 PM
    Hello folks. It's been quite a while away from Blackberry for me (first and last device was a Storm 9530 from 2008). It was definitely a love/hate relationship for me. Either way I like to keep up with tech news (especially mobile) and have been keeping myself in the loop with Blackberry news and Crackberry from time to time. Anyway, doing without anymore fluff, the Classic and Passport have caught my eye and I have a question for the good folks here on the forum.

Has Blackberry 10 (at the very least in its latest version) eliminated the dreaded memory leak of yesteryear? Essentially, what I am asking is are battery pulls a thing of the past in the world of Blackberry?

Having had an iPhone since 2011 the term memory leak almost entirely left my vocabulary and memory altogether.
    The only times I have to restart my Q10 is after an OS upgrade (it tells you it needs to do this)
    07-08-14 11:43 PM
    Never once had to do a hard reset in 8 months of owning a Q5. The phone and the OS behind it are rock solid.

Posted via CB10
    mosiah18 likes this.
    07-08-14 11:44 PM
    Jed to Mr. Marco, "y'all come back now y'hear. Or, as my son in mission control at JPL would say, "you are good to go". Hope you are here to stay, the BB phones and the OS work fine.
    07-08-14 11:56 PM
    Hello folks....Does the legendary Howarmat still exist on these forums?

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...10/index2.html
    07-09-14 05:16 AM
    Battery pulls are no longer needed in current stable BlackBerry 10 OS. I have not experienced any memory leaks in my Z10.

I totally recommend BB 10 platform over the others.
    07-09-14 06:03 AM
    Only once to put my sim and memory card.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 06:33 AM
    BlackBerry OS version 10.3 will be awesome which includes better battery life performnce. The new BlackBerries will include OS 10.3. Therefore those issues are things of the past. I own a Z30 and i have no memory leaks.

From my ? phone
    I don't care if it's awesome, I just want bugs fixed.

Since you said it. What is so awesome about it?
    07-09-14 06:54 AM
    Battery Pull.... No. Reboot my Z10... in fourteen months I had to do in maybe five times. Back with my STORM is was an every other day thing.

Phablet..... The Passport is being called that.

Howarmat.... yes he is here.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 07-09-14 at 08:25 AM.
    eddy_berry and Thunderbuck like this.
    07-09-14 07:07 AM
    LOL... no need responding to the potshots.
    If I thought it was a potshot, I would have responded differently. I took it as a friendly joke, but added the correction for those not in the loop.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-09-14 07:13 AM
81 1234