I absolutely love my 8830 World Edition phone. With the exception of the keyboard. I think I would like the Curve keyboard better. My "new every two" with Verizon comes up in November. Is there any downside or negative aspect to changing from the 8830 to the Curve? I don't need the international features of the 8830 and I miss having a camera. Any thoughts or suggestions?
    07-02-08 11:27 AM
    The only reason I considered leaving my 8830 for the curve would be mms/camera and more internal memory. Keyboard don't make a difference to me I can type on both of them w no problem. - I'm up to upgrade in october but honestly I'm going to wait until sometime next year to upgrade just to see what berrys vzw actually does roll out. Just my opinion. Don't want to upgrade and then something better is released.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-08 12:37 PM
    I absolutely love my 8830 World Edition phone. With the exception of the keyboard. I think I would like the Curve keyboard better. My "new every two" with Verizon comes up in November. Is there any downside or negative aspect to changing from the 8830 to the Curve? I don't need the international features of the 8830 and I miss having a camera. Any thoughts or suggestions?
    I switched from the 8830 to the Curve and I have no regrets. I like the curve much better. Since you don't need the international features, you will not miss the 8830 at all. There is no drop off from that to the Curve. I would say that since you are up for upgrade in November, you should wait to see what else will come out. Wouldn't want to switch to a curve and then the Bold comes out after you switch. I definitely recommend the Curve over the 8830 but I don't recommend switching that late because between now and next spring some new BB's will be on the market.
    07-02-08 01:07 PM
    Unless you travel internationally on a regular basis then you can't lose with the Curve switch. I'd do it with my 8830 if the boss would let me. Much nicer device.
    07-02-08 01:12 PM
    I think you are correct about waiting. That Bold looks pretty darn fine. But then when I get it, RIM will just announce something even more wonderful. That's technology for you. Thanks for the advice on the Curve.
    07-02-08 04:26 PM
    I did the exact thing... went from an 8830we.. same things I wanted... better keyboard..camera/video, mms better browsing(podcasts, youtube !! I love my curve now !!!
    07-02-08 07:32 PM
    You could be waiting for the Bold on Verizon for a long long time. Thunder might beat the Bold due to Verizon's arrangement and imminent 3G iPhone release.
    07-02-08 07:33 PM
    I made the switch today and so far no regrets. This phone is amazing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-08 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD