I dropped my phone in water yesterday i insantly took the battery out and left it to dry near a cool fan for about 6 hours or so...Got back from work and and tested it out the phone started up but with crackling noises so i took it out again and put it in rice overnight.

Currently got it on charge but no light shows up but you can hear a slight noise when putting the battery back in,Fried or not I have insurance would i be covered?
    08-16-10 10:48 AM
    insurance will cover it. insurance covers dropping it, losing it, etc. covers this too. be glad u have insurance.
    08-16-10 10:49 AM
    Sweet,I was told water damage isn't,Do i have any hope of getting any files from my phone or are they unfixable?
    08-16-10 10:53 AM
    Sweet,I was told water damage isn't,Do i have any hope of getting any files from my phone or are they unfixable?
    the SD card is probably fine. take it out, put it in a PC and copy away.
    08-16-10 10:54 AM
    Asurion insurance covers phones for loss & damage, but not mfgr defects. water damage falls under "damage".
    08-16-10 11:00 AM
    I got an insurance replacement for a water damaged device about 6 months ago. I was able to recover it by driving around with it opened up on my car defroster for a couple hours then dabbing the surfaces with alcohol. I still replaced it because it would never be the same - and the warranty stays in effect if you replace it with insurance, but not if the water indicators are red.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-10 11:05 AM
    Took the sim out and reinserted the battery the led flashed red so hopefully thats a good sign
    08-16-10 01:06 PM
    Took the sim out and reinserted the battery the led flashed red so hopefully thats a good sign
    good luck with it! let us know if it is resurrected from the dead
    08-16-10 01:16 PM
    It's aliiiiiiive It still has water under the screen but i'm hoping that will go over night but sweet sweet
    08-16-10 05:24 PM
    I'm not sure how well it will work for water under the screen, but you may want to try the rice trick to get the water out. Take off the battery cover, pull out the battery, remove the SIM and microSD cards, and then completely bury the device in a bowl of rice (uncooked, obviously). Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or use one that is airtight.

The dry rice should help to pull the moisture out of the phone.
    08-16-10 09:35 PM
    Dry rice saved my 8330. Keep it in there for a day or two, if you can.
    08-16-10 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD