Have had my pearl for a year now and I love it but feel as if I am missing out. On top of that, pearl re-booting when it want too, trackball getting on my nerve sticking all the time. Granted my upgrade is not til Oct or Nov, but my brother is up for one. Considering the Bold, but hate to get it then the Magnum comes out. Been reading on here that there is not a date set on release. Oh well, don't know what I am going to do. Get the Bold, then be upset when the next BB come out.

Just wanted to rant and rave.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 02:17 PM
    cool beans

07-04-09 02:32 PM
    Get the Bold or Tour, you problem was the Pearl....

07-04-09 02:32 PM
    The Bold will still be a relevant and useful tool no matter what phone upgrades come out in the next year or two.
    07-04-09 02:39 PM
    The Bold will still be a relevant and useful tool no matter what phone upgrades come out in the next year or two.
    Agreed. Were I in your shoes I'd pull the trigger on either a Bold or Javelin.
    07-04-09 02:42 PM
    Yup. The Bold is an incredible piece of hardware. It is still faster than the new BBs being released.
    07-04-09 02:52 PM
    Get the Bold. As the other posters before me have stated, it will not be obsolete for a good long while. I'm sure you will love it once you have it.

07-04-09 02:53 PM
    Thanks for all the replies. Guess the Bold it will be since I am ATT. Now away to get it cheaper than it listed.

Thanks a lot

07-04-09 04:39 PM
    Try Free Cell Phones with New Cell Phone Plans - Shop Deals from Wireless Carriers - Wirefly.com I just bought a brand new 8900 as an
    upgrade for $5.99, free shipping.

The Bold is listed at $92.99 for an upgrade, $26.99 for a new account
    07-04-09 04:57 PM
    Thanks amazing! Will check into. Only thing I am worried about is my brother do not have a data plan on his account he have a lg slide. So that might be a problem when they look at his line.

07-04-09 05:07 PM
    be mindful of these websites they are just middle men for service providers. My boy has one of these pages. They pay for the Hosting of the Website and everything its not like buying a phone from Craigslist or eBay. What is it that you actually want? Have you tried the curve? With them getting the custom housings and everything now a days they seem pretty nice.

blackberrytek.com
    07-04-09 05:10 PM
    Yes, I believe those prices may be with the data plans. I haven't checked, could be wrong.
    07-04-09 05:13 PM
    Honestly I thought about a curve, but I would love 2 have more memory and an updated OS. I looked at the curve before the pearl but I want the GPS, camcorder (I have a toddler). Who knows

07-04-09 05:18 PM
    Definitely go with the Bold, that is what i would get if T-Mobile offered it. I really just can't get excited about the Curve 8900, I may have to just get me an unlocked Bold on eBay!

Happy shopping!
    07-04-09 05:22 PM
    You can add the data plan at the time of purchase. It won't effect
    your outright cost, it will be on your next bill.
    07-04-09 05:28 PM
    I'll back the others who are saying Bold. It's a nice phone to use, top of range capability, and it is now well proved in service. If you're staying ATT get down to the store and get one in your hands, see how it feels compared with the Curve 8900 and make your judgement. If you need to get more advice walk away and come back to discuss here, then return to the store when you have your decision - or look online for the best price from a reputable supplier who will honor warranty.
    07-04-09 05:32 PM
    Definitely go with the Bold, that is what i would get if T-Mobile offered it. I really just can't get excited about the Curve 8900, I may have to just get me an unlocked Bold on eBay!

Happy shopping!
    Why not? If you can do without 3G, get the 8900. Especially since the OP mentioned about wanting to use the phone as a camcorder, the 8900 has the best BlackBerry camera to date. Much better then the Bold's. The 8900 is also a slim profile (actually is the thinnest BlackBerry, or one of the thinnest now), I say go to the at&t store and try both phones, see what you like the most.
    07-04-09 05:32 PM
    I have also heard that the Bold's Antenna isn't that good for Telephone calls. At least in the DC area anyway...
    07-04-09 05:35 PM
    I have also heard that the Bold's Antenna isn't that good for Telephone calls. At least in the DC area anyway...
    Hasn't given me any problems since I've owned it, and I've had it since AT&T release.
    07-04-09 06:10 PM
    There is no reason to believe there is any inherent problem with the Bold, either generally or in specific geographic areas. If there's a problem it is more likely to be a hole in network coverage, which would hit all services, not only voice telephony.

My experience with the Bold says it is well capable in radio performance, at least as good as any other phone I have used. And that is direct experience, not something I heard from someone who read it on a website posted by the third cook in a local hotel... However we know AT&T has had its share of problems with network coverage and overloading so that is a potential factor to be cautious about.
    07-04-09 06:15 PM
    I truly thank each and everyone for their views. I have played with them both and like the feel of the 8900 but would like the 3G as well. Thought about switching to another brand altogether but realize that was not a real option.

Will shop around and see what's in the fine print about making changes. Will read the comparison threads again before I decide.

Thanks again!

07-04-09 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD