LOL..Hey everyone!

I am going to soon be purchasing a new Blackberry. My contract on my LG enV is up in June and HOPEFULLY by that time I can just resign a new contract with the Niagara

Anyway...with me being on the edge of taking that dive in to full Crack Addictness (...is that a word?) I was just wondering if some of the seasoned addicts could think back to the first time you held a Blackberry...what did you feel? What did you do? Did you take the time to read the Manuals or did you just dive in and feel your way through? Are the Blackberry 101 Lessons helpful or is it better to just learn as you go?

Thanks for any and all input!

P.S. I want a Blackberry SO much! It's wierd loving something so much that you haven't meet or held...I can only imagine how bad it will be once I open that box and take my Baby out for the first time...lol
    02-27-09 11:18 AM
    well i first felt a lil nervous ..did't know much about it
    but then i jumped right into it
    then i seen the light when i came across crackberry.com
    02-27-09 11:25 AM
    Thanks for the reply!
    Did you use the Blackberry Lessons that they have? Were they useful?
    02-27-09 11:30 AM
    Overwhelming
    02-27-09 11:31 AM
    I was nervous the first time that I held it, there were so many different options and I didn't know if I'd ever figure it out. I didn't really read the manual much, just kind of felt my way thru it. I didn't really get an understanding for how it works and what it can really do until i got on Crackberry and started reading stuff on here. I began by just reading stuff in the forums, and posting questions that I had that I couldn't find answers to. The knowlege that you can pick up just from reading threads on here is amazing, it's almost like you learn something new every day.

I would reccomend looking thru the BB 101 series. There are a few in there that don't apply to everyone, but for the most part going thru them will offer alot of useful information that you wouldn't be albe to find elseware.

Good luck with your new BB (whenever you decide to take the plunge) and welcome to Crackberry!
    02-27-09 11:36 AM
    I jumped head first into it. I've had smartphones/PDA phones before, so I wasn't too nervous.

No manuals, no 101 tutorials. Just the knowledge base that is CB.

Welcome to the addictive-ness.
    02-27-09 11:38 AM
    I just got my first one *jumps up and down a little* and my friend sent me to Crackberry.com. She loves this site. Im brand new and excited. Havent read the manual, even tho I intended to. Just kinda play with it and find my way around. Im excited to learn more about it. I had a palm centro before this and my Curve already runs circles around that phone. I would have loved to have gotten the storm, but Sprint never has the better phones lol
    Anyway... I feel like Ive joined this secret cool little club of people who know something that others dont hehe
    02-27-09 12:01 PM
    When I first got mine which was 2 weeks ago. It 28 hours for phone # to port over and I couldn't wait. I was constantly picking it up and checking it to see if it working yet. When it did work it seemed a little difficult at first but I figured it out pretty quick, not that I know it all now but I do feel pretty comfortable with it. I didn't really use the manual just did some reading around here and did some feeling around on the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 12:15 PM
    I switched over from WinMo, so I just remember thinking "This is gonna make life alot easier.".
    02-27-09 12:21 PM
    there is no better feeling in the world than getting a new Blackberry. Just don't tell my wife.
    02-27-09 12:22 PM
    I was so excited. I got my Storm as a Christmas gift when my parents tricked me saying I had to wait until my deal was done in April so I defintly wasn't expecting to get a Blackberry for the holidays. I was so excited that I forgot to charge the phone so it lasted me two hours before it died haha.

It takes a week or two to get use to, but then you won't be able to put your phone down. Hope you enjoy your phone.
    02-27-09 12:28 PM
    It felt 100 times better than it feels now...

02-27-09 12:31 PM
    Clumsy awkward and quick the first time....oh my blackberry. Yea it was the same.

02-27-09 12:38 PM
    Clumsy awkward and quick the first time....oh my blackberry. Yea it was the same.

LOL Yeah, the title could be a bit deceiving...

Yeah, I haven't had a smartphone before...and I am the kind of person that
    does a LOT of research before making any kind of permanent decision...especially one that deals wit my moneyz

I have been doing research on the different kind of Blackberries that have came out in the last 6 months. Like I said my contract is up in June and I am going to be resigning for another 2 years with Verizon...so with all the "speculation" about the Niagara coming out soon I am trying to be a good little girl and wait!

I was going to get the Storm after reading all the people waiting in anticipation for it on this site BUT I went into the store opening day to play with it to make sure it is something that I would like to have...and it just wasn't for me. While the phone looked cool...turns out I don't have "touch screen" friendly hands...my fingers are too big and I have long nails that for whatever reason the touch screen doesn't pick up on what I do...lol

I wanted the Bold but did not want to go back to Cingular/AT&T

I am SO anxious...I just want the darn phone already!!!
    I like all the themes that I see on here and the nice cases and covers...and I'm all "I WANT IT!!"

I think I am a combination of both...I like to read the Manuals but I think learning is best when it's a hands on experience....so I'm really looking forward to it!
    02-27-09 01:04 PM
    Or do what I did, pick up a used/preowned Curve or Pearl so you don't have to extend your contract. Get used to the new BB Operating System and learn, learn, learn.

Then, when you get that new BB with your NE2, you will be quite familiar with the way BBs work.

Good condition Pearls are going for around $80 last time I checked, which was a while ago. Curves are going for $150 to over $300.

My NE2 comes up in late April, but I have a feeling the Niagara release will be delayed. Oh, and did you know that your NE2 discount is available at 20 months? You don't have to wait the full 24 months to get your NE2 discount applied to a new phone.
    Last edited by xliderider; 02-27-09 at 01:12 PM.
    02-27-09 01:10 PM

That is hilarious! I knew it would be awesome but when I got the hang of it I truly realized the power and capability these things have. I read the 101 lessons and also have a close family member who is in management for a wireless company and very familiar with berries. So I gained a ton of my knowledge from him. The rest I either learned on my own or got here from crackberry. It truly is an amazing site with not only intelligent people but also friendly ones too.
    02-27-09 01:20 PM
    Yeah while part of me is excited about the prospects of getting a new toy...or a new baby (since I am deductionless/childless)..lol
    I must admit there is a small portion of me that is slightly overwhelmed!
    I mean just coming on here and seeing all of the things that Blackberries can do...like when I heard they open garages and turn on tv's...I was like

I think it will be better over time though...it does take a while to be completely comfortable with a new device and I completely understand that.

I am one of those people that hate it when you pull into the mall and search for a parking space only to end up a mile from the mall...and while walking to the mall like 5 spaces open up in the front!!! So I fear buying this only to have something bigger and better come out...BUT through this site I am learning two things:

1. Verizon doesn't get new Blackberries as often as other carriers..who shall remain nameless...
    2. In the world of Blackberry there is ALWAYS something bigger and better coming around the corner!

So...I am feeling a little better about giving up my Blackberry Virginity to the Blackberry Niagara!!!

...although...it would be more fitting to give up to the Magnum...but I digress
    02-27-09 01:33 PM
    Well the first time I held my bb - I was nervous cuz there were soooo many things to learn-BUT-the vzw rep recommended CB to me & between here, the 101 lecture series & my book 'blackberry 8300&8800 curve made simple' I've learned alot-and still learnin more! I've been here just about 3mths now & its great to come here & search ur info & get answers or make a post and get great people to help u out! You'l enjoy I'm sure!

02-27-09 01:53 PM
    It just felt right. Everything is just in the right place and works like it should. My wife does get a little freaked out when I caress it though. If she would junk her MOTO and get a BB she would understand. But then I would be jealous of her and her Berry.
    Last edited by CSI Guy; 02-27-09 at 02:06 PM.
    02-27-09 02:04 PM

So...I am feeling a little better about giving up my Blackberry Virginity to the Blackberry Niagara!!!

...although...it would be more fitting to give up to the Magnum...but I digress
    Hehe, this made me giggle

I think the first time I picked up my pearl I thought 'I'm never going to get used to this keypad', but now I wouldn't swap it! Well, except for an 8900!
    02-27-09 02:16 PM
    I think I get a little overwhelmed when I hear people talk about the "Specs" and the Memory and they start using all those technical terms...lol
    When you get down to the nitty gritty...all I want is something that makes calls, allows me to text, and surf the web (and makes the webpages look like real websites and not distorted images!), with a nice camera, in a slick...sexy package! And from what I can gather...this is going to be the combination of all three of the best things about Blackberry right now...I have heard it has the display and speed of the Bold (if not better), the form factor of the Curve (so I hear)...and some of the sexiness of the Storm....so if they can manage to mesh everything together then I will be happy! I just hope it has the 3.2 megapixel camera with auto focus...like the new Curve!
    02-27-09 02:38 PM
    I played with one for about two weeks before I even bought mine. But once I got MY bb I was in love, like a little school girl that got asked to the dance by the best looking guy. I just went off what I knew from playing with the bb. I didn't need a manual and then I found Crackberry! Best website for bbs!!
    02-27-09 03:23 PM
    It was funny the guy at att that sold it to me told me to go str8 to crackberry.com when i got home and that will help. i was like i'm not going to something called crackberry, but i'm sure glad i did!!!! there is alot of knowledge as well as helpful people here!
    02-27-09 03:56 PM
    I was so happy to have a working phone I don't remember much else.
    02-27-09 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD