I like BB and will never go to Apple, but theres a long list on the flip side too
    burn the heretic!

06-19-08 10:46 AM
    oh ................ provide tactile response while typing.
    06-19-08 10:47 AM
    @crazetoon, last night when this topic was made...you were the first person I thought of..and I knew you'd love it!! Lol :-D

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-08 10:48 AM
    Thanks Jason. I am happy to know I have a following.
    06-19-08 10:52 AM
    LMAO...wouldn't go that far bro.. But I just knew you'd react like you did..that's all

@dan: I'm not a heretic, but my statement was/is true....

06-19-08 10:58 AM
    LMAO...wouldn't go that far bro.. But I just knew you'd react like you did..that's all

I know you weren't going that far, hence the little winky guy. It's not like I'm sarcastic or anything...
    Last edited by CrazEtooN; 06-19-08 at 11:10 AM. Reason: added the quote
    06-19-08 11:00 AM
    hahah... once again, I love what you have to say!!

is everyone here seriously oblivious to the fact that the two cannot be compared!!! They each have pros and cons... and RIM has a number of different device options... and Apple only has 1. So are we comparing the iPhone to the Pearl, Curve, Bold, Javelin, 7100, 8700... what?!

They are totally different classes of phones with different purpose... they are both amazing in their own right. And crazetoon makes wonderful points...

be open minded!! The competition between smart phones is amazing because it helps the technology grow. And it is a good thing that the different options are not all the same. If someone wants a rich mobile browsing experience with a bad@$$ music player... then go for iPhone. If you want to be able to check corporate email and swap your own battery... go with a Berry. (and please do not argue back saying those are the only things each device has going for them... I UNDERSTAND!!

But this is a great posty to put things in perspective, for once... instead of going Berry, Berry, Berry. My berry is better... the iPhone is no BERRY!! Well, frankly, Apple doesn't care... and the Berry is no iPhone either!

I love that my BlackBerry Curve (can):

1. Show me real HTML email... Oh, wait.

2. Present all my attachments, that aren't a word doc, in a viewable fashion... Oh, crap.

3. Allow me to view my favorite websites that don't have mobile versions in a non headache causing fashion... Oh, damn.

4. Store my 16 gigs of music and movies without making me spend more money on top of what I paid for the device... Argh!

5. Give me full IMAP access to my email, so I can see all my folders, and move items as needed... Argh! Son of a b*tch!

6. Provide me with such ample memory that I can install pretty much any application I want... Oh, crap! Where are my call logs going?

7. Doesn't close applications when I press back/end and instead pushes them into a background state. I love that it presents a multi-tasking environment that is near autonomous unless I dig through a menu to hit the real "close/end/exit" option. It's great to have this multi-tasking power.... Dammit, why is my hourglass spinning again? Why is it taking so long to open the phone? Rat-bast*rd!

8. Provide me with a stable platform that never, ever acts up, freezes, slows down, loses memory, or misbehaves... Oops, almost forgot... It's time for my bi-daily battery pull. I will be right back...

9. Doesn't force me through ugly text menu after ugly text menu to do about anything... *bangs head against the wall*

Funny when it's flipped, isn't it? HTML mail isn't going to magically show up come 4.5/Bold time either. It needs to be enable server side for the change to take affect on the device. Sure, that could happen right away, or it could take a long time. It is up to the carriers.

Topics like this are nothing but subjective takes on devices and are really a waste of time. You love your Berry, we got that, I mean this is CrackBerry after all. It is also possible to love your Berry without talking down about another device.

Aside from being a waste, topics like this make people sound like they need reassurance of their Berry's capabilities....
    06-19-08 11:01 AM
    And @JasonHDD and @CrazEtooN... could not agree more with your view points. At least some people see both sides of each device... for what it's worth.

Each has their pros and cons!!
    06-19-08 11:04 AM

lol

someone's sarcasm meter is broken
    06-19-08 11:05 AM
    I know you weren't going that far, hence the little winky guy. It's not like I'm sarcastic or anything...

I was on wap...didn't see the wink bro..sorry bout that!!

edit: @ dan...oops, it's usually pretty good...long night
    06-19-08 11:58 AM
    [COLOR="Red"]hahah... once again, I love what you have to say!!

be open minded!! The competition between smart phones is amazing because it helps the technology grow. And it is a good thing that the different options are not all the same.
    100% Agree, without it Blackberrys would probably still have black and white screens, and Apple would still be the best machine to play "Oregon Trail"
    06-19-08 12:35 PM
    100% Agree, without it Blackberrys would probably still have black and white screens, and Apple would still be the best machine to play "Oregon Trail"
    Oregon Trail rocked!! I dunno which was better... they started making them left and right. How many were there, 6? lol
    06-19-08 12:56 PM
    What about "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?"

If we finished our work early in computer class, our prize was getting to play it, lol. Wow... that was so long ago... Sheesh, makes me feel old.
    06-19-08 02:09 PM
    Can't forget the old SIM City game. Having control over one building, creating all the restaurants at the bottom floor, then just knocking the building down. Street Fighter on the old Macs was awesome too!
    06-19-08 02:22 PM
    Dang I do feel old. I remember both of those games and the old Apple IIE with the 5.25" floppy. Writing stupid little programs that made a sentence scroll forever on the screen.

I have Oregon Trail on a CD for my PC now and my kid loves it. Only the hunting part though.
    06-19-08 02:33 PM
    @crazetoon, last night when this topic was made...you were the first person I thought of..and I knew you'd love it!! Lol :-D

LOL, yea, as soon as I saw this thread the first thing I thought of was CrazE.
    06-19-08 02:47 PM
    its not berrylicious!!!! lolol
    06-19-08 04:09 PM
    Can't forget the old SIM City game. Having control over one building, creating all the restaurants at the bottom floor, then just knocking the building down. Street Fighter on the old Macs was awesome too!
    HAH i remember the SIM city game, in our keyboarding class everyones city was saved on the same server. Anyone unfortunate enough to not password protect there gamesave would be surprised by loading a city ravaged by tornados, earthquakes, wildfires, flashfloods and of course...alien invasions. God...i was a **** in highschool.
    06-19-08 04:20 PM
    I love that my BlackBerry Curve (can):

1. Show me real HTML email... Oh, wait.

2. Present all my attachments, that aren't a word doc, in a viewable fashion... Oh, crap.

3. Allow me to view my favorite websites that don't have mobile versions in a non headache causing fashion... Oh, damn.

4. Store my 16 gigs of music and movies without making me spend more money on top of what I paid for the device... Argh!

5. Give me full IMAP access to my email, so I can see all my folders, and move items as needed... Argh! Son of a b*tch!

6. Provide me with such ample memory that I can install pretty much any application I want... Oh, crap! Where are my call logs going?

7. Doesn't close applications when I press back/end and instead pushes them into a background state. I love that it presents a multi-tasking environment that is near autonomous unless I dig through a menu to hit the real "close/end/exit" option. It's great to have this multi-tasking power.... Dammit, why is my hourglass spinning again? Why is it taking so long to open the phone? Rat-bast*rd!

8. Provide me with a stable platform that never, ever acts up, freezes, slows down, loses memory, or misbehaves... Oops, almost forgot... It's time for my bi-daily battery pull. I will be right back...

9. Doesn't force me through ugly text menu after ugly text menu to do about anything... *bangs head against the wall*

Funny when it's flipped, isn't it? HTML mail isn't going to magically show up come 4.5/Bold time either. It needs to be enable server side for the change to take affect on the device. Sure, that could happen right away, or it could take a long time. It is up to the carriers.

Topics like this are nothing but subjective takes on devices and are really a waste of time. You love your Berry, we got that, I mean this is CrackBerry after all. It is also possible to love your Berry without talking down about another device.

Aside from being a waste, topics like this make people sound like they need reassurance of their Berry's capabilities....
    . Whoaaa now, calm down! The topic's just for fun! :-)
    06-19-08 04:25 PM
    tyoebwithoboijt

Translation:

Type without looking.

(the above was typed on my iPhone while attempting to not look)

LOL.

06-19-08 04:45 PM
    tyoebwithoboijt

Translation:

Type without looking.

(the above was typed on my iPhone while attempting to not look)

LOL.

lol, someone has too much time on their hands.
    06-19-08 04:48 PM
    Lol my BB let me keep T-Mobile without spending $ 400.00! ; )

06-19-08 04:49 PM
    not look like a ******.
    06-19-08 05:11 PM
    Keep me coming back for more after the first 3 days

06-19-08 05:42 PM
    One of my personal beefs with the iPhone is that it needs two hands to be operated. It requires your full focus and attention to do just about anything!

when i'm out and on the go, i need speed, efficiency, and content. Finger-flicking through contacts and album art is damn cool eye candy, but when I'm at the airport with a backpack on my shoulders and lugging a suitcase trying to catch my connection, the last thing I want to do is stop everything I'm doing and drop my luggage just so I can speed-dial one of my contacts to tell him my plane is leaving on time! Speed and efficiency - that's where the blackberry and its physical keyboard and all its handy shortcuts decimates the iPhone. On the BB, its two presses that can be done without looking - "mute" off and then hold down the speed dial key. On the iPhone, it's five presses requiring two hands and your full attention - press home, slide to unlock, press phone, press favorites, press contact.

The only advantages of the iPhone are the web browser and the built-in storage. The blackberry browser shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as safari (unless you're denigrating the BB browser) . Also, as a blackberry neophyte, I'm really disappointed that I still have to manually manage my memory by remembering to hit "menu" and scroll to close - unless I WANT my call logs deleted (wtf is with that??) I thought I left that world behind when I dumped windows mobile! Built-in HTML email is a wash - some may even consider it an advantage to NOT have it, as it speeds up receiving email. Personally, all of my "critical" emails come in plain old text, not in HTML. Lastly, the iPhone may soon have a leg up on RIM with their SDK and iFund, but I'm unwilling to give them the lead until I see some more of the working apps.

If RIM could give us a more serviceable browser and jack up the built-in memory so we wouldn't have to deal with this memory management nonsense, I'd bet you wouldn't see any more of these "i hate the iphone" threads!
    06-19-08 09:26 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD