A day or two ago some new pictures of London emerged on the pages of Crackberry. From the leaks some information can be divined.

1. Battery is at 1850 mAh. Could mean a lot if QNX proves to be highly efficient at managing mobile devices!
    2. There will be one device, not multiple with different memory.
    3. Device "L" looks to be more polished than Dev alphas.
    4. Back door, what material??? Still attractive.
    5. On one picture you see a faint red light on the front face top center. Could it be face detection or am I misinterpreting a reflection?
    6. NO shortcut key!

Any thoughts or anything you noticed?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-13-12 04:45 PM
    The faint red spot is most likely the ambient light sensor, or proximity sensor. All current blackberries have it.
    Ray UM likes this.
    12-13-12 06:08 PM
    -It still has an SD card. That's why there's not a bunch of devices with different memory sizes. Upgrade to whatever size memory you need with a bigger card.
    -The battery door has some electrical thing going on. At first I thought it was the NFC antenna, but it has 2 contacts, wireless charging?
    The device looks great! I need to see some Nevada pictures though.
    12-13-12 06:19 PM
    -It still has an SD card. That's why there's not a bunch of devices with different memory sizes. Upgrade to whatever size memory you need with a bigger card.
    -The battery door has some electrical thing going on. At first I thought it was the NFC antenna, but it has 2 contacts, wireless charging?
    Those metal contacts remind me of the two metal contacts that are inside the batter door on my 9930...I assumed it had something to do with the device being able to sleep when slipped into an OEM sleeve/holster, but IDK. Can anyone clarify?

As far as the leaks go...I'm a little disappointed in the form factor, since it seems remarkably (or decidedly UN-remarkably lol) similar to at least 85% of the available bar phones already out.
    12-13-12 06:26 PM
    It will have two contacts (one positive, the other negative) regardless of whether it's for NFC or inductive charging.
    peter9477 and Ray UM like this.
    12-13-12 06:46 PM
    Those metal contacts remind me of the two metal contacts that are inside the batter door on my 9930...I assumed it had something to do with the device being able to sleep when slipped into an OEM sleeve/holster, but IDK. Can anyone clarify?
    Nope. The sleep function is activated by a magnet placed inside the sleeve or holster. You can pretty much take any magnet, run it along the front or backside of the device and put it to sleep.
    Ray UM likes this.
    12-13-12 06:48 PM

As far as the leaks go...I'm a little disappointed in the form factor, since it seems remarkably (or decidedly UN-remarkably lol) similar to at least 85% of the available bar phones already out.
    Theres only so much that you can do with a rectangular slab. Given that, I thought it was quite nice looking.
    12-13-12 08:39 PM
    The contacts are for NFC. Would be cool if NFC were being combined with wireless charging, but that's probably too much to ask.
    peter9477 likes this.
    12-13-12 08:47 PM
    The microphone jack is on the top. Much better than being on the side.
    12-13-12 09:01 PM
    I love that RIM is still letting us have an SD card slot and a removable battery. The fact that the iPhones don't have that just makes them seem more "closed." That's one of the things I liked about Androids (maybe the only thing)... they don't force people to choose a memory size that can't be upgraded later.
    leejayh likes this.
    12-13-12 11:42 PM
    I have noticed myself whistling a happy tune more often, interrupted by frequent anxiety attacks, blood pressure up one minute, then the same giddy childhood feelings as Christmas or my birthday approached. If there was no CrackBerry, I'd need more therapy than a washed out Hollywood child actor!

BB10 - GET IN MAHH . . . .HOLSTER! < in my best CrackBabsTard voice>
    12-14-12 12:06 AM
    I have noticed that the things i would do for one is a lot worse then i thought
    12-14-12 02:28 AM
    Holsters are magnetic sensors.
    Wire loop and contacts are NFC just like the 9900/9930
    12-14-12 02:42 AM
    Theres only so much that you can do with a rectangular slab. Given that, I thought it was quite nice looking.
    What CairnsRock said. A bar phone is a rectangular slab, so what are the variables?
    --How square or rounded are the corners? Answer: Rounder than the dev Alpha device.
    --Is there any sort of metal or plastic bezel around the perimeter of the device? Answer: No.
    --Where are the headphone and USB ports located? Answer: USB on left edge; headphone port on top edge.
    --What hardware buttons are there? Answer: Power button on top edge; volume buttons on right edge.
    --What are the materials and textures? Hard to say from video, but it looks like a non-slick "rubberized" plastic.

What else is there to know about form factor?
    12-14-12 10:50 AM
    I Just noticed this today and correct me if I'm wrong, but NO MORE backlight timeouts.
    12-17-12 12:14 PM
    They have just been showing the functionality and work side.Come jan 30th all the play consumer wants will be unleashed.
    12-17-12 12:18 PM