yea the 9000 speakers are legendary
    Haha! I have the Bold 9000. I love the speakers!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 10:19 PM
    I think my 9700 is fantastic for media, messaging, browsing, email, phone calls, scheduling and it is a beautiful phone to boot. I researched it extensively and chose it over every other phone on the market. It works for me. If your phone works for you then maybe you can spend more time enjoying it and less time touting it.
    02-02-10 10:25 PM
    battery life. by far.
    02-02-10 10:52 PM
    One-key keyboard shortcuts. FTW

02-02-10 11:10 PM
    How do the Bold 9000's speakers compare to the Storm2 or 9700's speakers? ....Anybody?
    02-03-10 09:29 PM
    Another thing I wanted to mention is just outright speed. I know with the newer phones, this isn't really a bullet point for the BB, but I remember struggling with the iPhone 3G as it would take forever to launch something like Calendar.

The slowness is not necessarily hardware, as even if it were to load quick like the 3GS, the software bogs it down. ie. The motions on the iPhone to put in an appointment name, use the dialer to spin up and down for dates/hours, to me, are irritating and slow.

Compare that with speedy entry using the BB keyboard and shortcuts (can input letters/numbers for dates/times, or even on Calendar itself, using the shortcut 'C' for quick Calendar entry).

With the Blackberry, when I click on Contacts, BAM, when I open a specific contact up, BAM, when I use the BB button and switch between tasks, BAM, it is there. There are no pretty animations, or transitory elements -- what I want is what I get, all else aside. Straight-forward. No BS.

It's great.

Last edited by Aspyred; 02-03-10 at 10:30 PM.
    02-03-10 10:27 PM
    One-key keyboard shortcuts. FTW

YES! Not enough people take advantage of this. You were the first to name my favorite secret feature.
    Autotext is awesome, but other phones can do that too I guess.
    And its no secret but the keyboard is tops. Almost all my interaction with a blackberry is based on using the keyboard, and having a top notch one is essential IMO. I can't figure how others can put all those wonderful displays and high res cameras, screaming processors and gigantic memory in a phone, then turn around and cripple the whole thing by adding in a fisher price keyboard or even worse, having you poke at glass. But that's me. There are 28 gazillion iPhone/Droid users that think I'm just flat wrong I bet.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-04-10 02:31 AM
    YES! Not enough people take advantage of this. You were the first to name my favorite secret feature.
    Autotext is awesome, but other phones can do that too I guess.
    And its no secret but the keyboard is tops. Almost all my interaction with a blackberry is based on using the keyboard, and having a top notch one is essential IMO. I can't figure how others can put all those wonderful displays and high res cameras, screaming processors and gigantic memory in a phone, then turn around and cripple the whole thing by adding in a fisher price keyboard or even worse, having you poke at glass. But that's me. There are 28 gazillion iPhone/Droid users that think I'm just flat wrong I bet.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Shortcus for the Blackberry are pretty impressive
    02-04-10 02:45 AM
    Yep, the ones I use the most are:

'O' for Options
    'U' for Calculator
    'K' for Lock
    'A' for Contacts (Address Book)
    'W' for Weather (if you have one installed)
    'H' for Help (if installed)
    - and -
    'L' for Calendar

(For those of you who may not know, you have to disable dialing from the home screen to use these. You can do that from your Phone screen / Menu / Options / General Options / 'Dial From Home Screen' setting.)
    02-04-10 10:50 AM
    Yep, the ones I use the most are:

'O' for Options
    'U' for Calculator
    'K' for Lock
    'A' for Contacts (Address Book)
    'W' for Weather (if you have one installed)
    'H' for Help (if installed)
    - and -
    'L' for Calendar

(For those of you who may not know, you have to disable dialing from the home screen to use these. You can do that from your Phone screen / Menu / Options / General Options / 'Dial From Home Screen' setting.)
    i just picked up my phone to test all of these and wondered why i couldn't see what you're seeeing. then i read the end :/ i'm lame haha

does speed dial still work with these?
    02-04-10 05:24 PM
    I know the wonderful LED is part of the addiction, but there is something about Blackberry that is much more addictive then any other device I've heard about. Iphone is popular, but I've never heard anyone rave about the addiction to Iphone like I have about Blackberry...
    co sign. alot of ppl down play the media player but i actually love it.
    02-04-10 05:58 PM
    blackberry has the best messaging system on the planet (minus truncated emails), The LED is a great feature, especially with buzzme or bigtincan installed. keyboard shortcuts are amazing. the media player is adequate and does its job. the browser makes me want to throw my berry against the wall sometimes.
    02-04-10 06:25 PM
    i just picked up my phone to test all of these and wondered why i couldn't see what you're seeeing. then i read the end :/ i'm lame haha

does speed dial still work with these?
    Yep. Just press and hold the speed dial # and it will still dial it. If you just quick-press, you'll get the specific shortcut.

02-04-10 08:18 PM
    I love BB's keyboard and email, but those features are well documented. one thing i don't think BB gets enough credit for is allowing the user total customization of their phone. i can easily change themes, wallpapers, and create folders to organize my apps. i also like having a seperate home screen and app screen
    02-05-10 06:54 AM
    +1 on battery life and nice pim functions.

Whats +1 battery life?
    02-05-10 07:09 AM
    Whats +1 battery life?
    He means he agrees with (or "ditto") whomever said he thinks the battery life is one of the things BB doesn't get enough credit for.

Generally, when you see "+1", it just means someone is agreeing with a previous poster.
    02-05-10 06:19 PM
    I personally think the Modern Blackberry with the exception of the Blackberry 8900 and 9700 get to much credit for Battery life, and people are still living in the times when Blackberry could last for days. The Storm series, and tour series dont have batteries to rave about honestly and definetly not the Bold 9000 (just my personal opinion of course)
    02-05-10 06:26 PM
    When I had the 9000 at the beginning battery life sure was terrible. But once all
    the OS leaks kept coming out, it improved significantly since 4.6 was pretty much
    optimized to its best.
    02-05-10 06:32 PM
    When I had the 9000 at the beginning battery life sure was terrible. But once all
    the OS leaks kept coming out, it improved significantly since 4.6 was pretty much
    optimized to its best.
    I can agree with that with more leaks came improved battery life for the Bold 9000.
    02-05-10 06:51 PM
    Rollerball,keypad , multitasking, reliable, and more............

02-06-10 02:58 AM
    Ha! when u said LED I thought of how my sister said shes wants a blackberry cus she liked how mine blinks LOL. I like the LED cus for some reason it makes me feel like I have something important going on in my phone

I love the keyboard, email features, CUSTOMIZABLE omg...I hate looking at the same dumb screen, I had a tmobile dash and I only had two choices of backgrounds, it was annoying. I get bored easily and with the blackberry I can change my theme everyday, and I DO. My sister had the samsung behold 2 and HATED IT , she couldnt figure out how to do anything on it...after two days she got the bold 9700 and she LOVES IT.

I like how the bb feels in my hand...I like the trackball. Battery life is GREAT WHEN i DONT HAVE CERTAIN APPS, BB APPWORLD REALLY DRAINS MY BATTERY SOMETHING CRAZY. WHEN ITS GONE MY BATTERY LIFE IS 5TIMES BETTER, NO LIE. I like how easy it is to put it on standby, I know most cells have that feature but I NEVER knew it until I got a blackberry..I always wondered what they meant when they said 6 hours standby time!!! go figure!I like how it adds my facebook contacts jobs and birthdays automatically to my calender I like how I can use it as a modem for my laptop for FREE AND STILL USE THE INTERNET AND BBM,TEXT ON MY PHONE AT THE SAME TIME.....its really a SMART phone, it does so much that I didn't expect. I really dont compare blackberrys to other devices its one of a kind.....cant compare to the iphone way different levels....
    02-07-10 12:24 AM
    I like the media quite a bit too. Battery life on my 9700 is amazing. I just love this phone. Everything it offers fits my needs perfectly.
    02-07-10 12:37 AM
    I love the LED. That is one thing the iPhone just doesn't have. I love being able to customize my phone and all the themes out there people make. I love how most of them, the storm not so much, are pocket-sized. I know that my phone is there, but it doesn't weigh my pants down when I forget to wear a belt. lawl.
    02-07-10 12:48 AM
    The ability to customize is by far my favorite feature.. I love themes and change them often! I love my LED light too! Knowing WHEN I have a new e-mail that might need attention when I am away from my computer is a real plus... Our cable went out one day for a few hours and my husband was going crazy not being able to use his computer but I was plugging away on my Blackberry... I think it was the first time he realized JUST what my "phone" does. He won't admit it but he wants one now! He can have one if he admits it!
    02-07-10 04:27 AM
    Oh wait! Not sure if anyone mentioned this one yet, and as far as I know, is exclusive to Blackberry.

Putting BB in pouch = automatic Standby/Battery Save mode, while still being able to receive calls and messages with magnet

One of the best features. Ever.

02-07-10 11:15 AM
110 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD