The LED for notifications, battery life, and the keyboard. I'm a BB fan, but I've considered jumping ship to iPhone or Droid several times. And those 3 things are the 3 that can't be beat in my book. Granted, it's all personal preference, but I like being able to glance at my BB in it's dock and see if the red light is blinking or not and know if I have a message to check or not. Battery life, simple, I've got 3 friends with Droids, 4 with iPhones and I've gone down the WinMo path myself before. Never had or saw a phone that would last 24hrs on a stock battery with a decent amount of use until I made the jump to BB. Sadly, it seems most OS 5.0 BB's are beginning to lose that trait, but still better than iPhones and Android phones. Fact is, 3G phones just tend to use more battery, no matter what kind they are. And finally, the keyboard. I can type faster and with more accuracy on my BB keyboard than I can on a full-size PC keyboard, at this point, I'm not sure if I should be proud or ashamed of that fact. Not to say I type slowly on a keyboard. This whole post took me no more than a couple min to type up on my lowly PC.
    02-01-10 12:52 AM
    JayLee - you got that right. It doesn't take a backseat to anyone as far as I'm concerned. Not a big fan of VCAST/Rhapsody though...

Its so easy to get things on and off your BB via USB, which is a big area Apple fails (although intentionally)!
    I agree. Everyone rags on the BlackBerry as a device that's not "media friendly", but I think it does fine. I use it as my primary...well, only MP3 player.
    And I find that the headphones that come with the bb's are of really good quality.
    02-01-10 01:51 AM
    I like the multi-color LED indicator, the colorful Hi-Resolution screen, the removable battery, the support for MicroSD cards, the TRUE push technology, the full blown multi-tasking, and a whole lot more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-10 10:28 AM
    I like the multi-color LED indicator, the colorful Hi-Resolution screen, the removable battery, the support for MicroSD cards, the TRUE push technology, the full blown multi-tasking, and a whole lot more.

Can you explain to me what fake push technology is
    02-01-10 10:49 AM
    My Sidekick pushed my emails to the phone. I never had to poll for them or request them in order for them to come to my phone. However, my emails would sometimes be 15-30 minutes late, sometimes even HOURS late. Like I'll be having an email conversation w/ someone while @ work, & those emails wouldn't come to my phone until I'm eating dinner @ home. I'd assume that would qualify as "fake" push technology.
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 02-01-10 at 01:12 PM.
    02-01-10 12:56 PM
    I think the video player on my Storm 2 is amazing....:-)

02-01-10 01:59 PM
    They also don't get enough credit for releasing the same device and calling it something different. Not enough credit for the 15 different Curve models that do the same thing except it may have Wifi for this carrier or 3G for this one. They also don't get enough credit for those truncated emails. We all love to have our emails cut short. I mean seriously, who wants to be able to read their entire email. They surely don't get enough credit for crap world and all the overpriced apps that causes my device to stagger and I need to do a battery pull. Can't forget about the battery pull, it's so wonderful someone had to create an app for it. I just love RIM so much and I can't wait for the Storm 3 to come out. Same hardware except this time the whole screen will be a track pad.
    02-01-10 04:05 PM
    They also don't get enough credit for releasing the same device and calling it something different. Not enough credit for the 15 different Curve models that do the same thing except it may have Wifi for this carrier or 3G for this one. They also don't get enough credit for those truncated emails. We all love to have our emails cut short. I mean seriously, who wants to be able to read their entire email. They surely don't get enough credit for crap world and all the overpriced apps that causes my device to stagger and I need to do a battery pull. Can't forget about the battery pull, it's so wonderful someone had to create an app for it. I just love RIM so much and I can't wait for the Storm 3 to come out. Same hardware except this time the whole screen will be a track pad.
    looking at ur sig...it said u got bold 9000...lol....bold 9000 battery life sux and constant freezing...upgrade to the 9700! lol.
    02-01-10 04:38 PM
    The personalization of using a BB which I love. Changing themes, backgrounds, profiles, and the side convenience keys I like. And BBM is crazy addicting for me.

One reason why i hate the iPhone. Gotta jailbreak it in order to change it around.
    02-01-10 05:18 PM
    One reason why i hate the iPhone. Gotta jailbreak it in order to change it around.
    And Jailbreaking takes what, 30-40 seconds?
    02-01-10 05:32 PM
    Truncated Emails. Nobody does them better then Blackberry/RIM.

You are going to relentlessly pursue this until RIM applies some grease to the squeaky wheel, aren't you?

I've seen people on a mission, but this really takes the cake. It seems that no matter what thread I happen to be perusing at the moment, there's JRSCCivic98 getting in her digs about truncated e-mails.

You are dedicated!

If RIM ever fixes this issue, we will CERTAINLY know who to thank.
    02-01-10 05:34 PM
    looking at ur sig...it said u got bold 9000...lol....bold 9000 battery life sux and constant freezing...upgrade to the 9700! lol.
    No thanks. Won't waste my upgrade on basically the same device.
    02-01-10 08:07 PM
    You should hate memory leaks, battery pulls, leaked OS, low app memory, garbage browser, joke media player, crap world, dated OS. Those are the things you should hate. Too bad those things can't be changed. At least the jailbreaking does allow things to be changed. Can't do anything about the blackberry media player, browser, battery pulls etc...
    02-01-10 08:09 PM
    You know what you're right...

You can hear about blackberry addiction but not about iPhone addiction... I mean the word is CrackBerry right? Not CrackiPhone or CrackApple or whatever ^^.

The things I really love about my Blackberry are... BBM, the Led indicator, the Keyboard (addicted to that keyboard), the Push Email, the Convenience Keys, and the fact that I can pretty much customize every single thing on my Berry ^^

(Seriously, I just realized that I'm addicted... =p)
    02-02-10 04:49 PM
    Like the iPhone

02-02-10 05:19 PM
    Like the iPhone

so I'm guessing you guys have a fake browser since it doesn't load as fast as my browser does. I mean since my email doesn't come to my mailbox as fast as yours and that makes it fake push does the same concept apply
    02-02-10 05:42 PM
    so I'm guessing you guys have a fake browser since it doesn't load as fast as my browser does. I mean since my email doesn't come to my mailbox as fast as yours and that makes it fake push does the same concept apply
    It sure does. Our browser is bad, but not all that bad.
    But our email comes to our device in a split second that it goes to our mailbox.
    A lot of reports even say that the BlackBerry got the email before their mailbox did.
    I mean... C'mon
    The iPhone isn't really pushing, its pulling.
    Last edited by jacksonbrian; 02-02-10 at 05:52 PM.
    02-02-10 05:49 PM
    No thanks. Won't waste my upgrade on basically the same device.
    No its not...its not the same device...lol. If u don't know the difference...then u don't deserve a bb. Stick with ur iphone and droid...lol.

02-02-10 06:48 PM
    I don't believe RIM releases the same device but it's kind of like this Apple has one phone and one look, RIM has 1 os and 8 phones, and are still pitting out phones with edge. My question is how come RIM doesn't shorten their line to like 4 devices instead of releases phones back to back switching edge wifi and 3g around between them. But like I have said before RIM is doing something right they own 41% of the smartphone market.

And to Jackson your right your browser isn't all that bad at all it's horrific.

02-02-10 07:28 PM

And to Jackson your right your browser isn't all that bad at all it's horrific.

No it isn't. At least I'm not the one running around with toys...

02-02-10 07:47 PM
    My favorite features are BBM and autotext. I absolutely love that I can set my autotext to 3 letters or less and spell out a whole sentence. It minimizes typing wonderfully. That's probably the biggest reason I stay with BB. BBM is also so addicting. I love that I can type one text and all of my friends can read it and they all see each others responses. It's so easy to plan outings together and all of that.

I'm surprised the led indicatotr has so much support here. That's one feature I hate. I can't stand seeing it blink over and over on my phone or anyone's phone. When I'm somewhere and can see a BB blink when it's on someone's belt or sitting on the table, I go mad! I have my led feature turned off on most of my profiles.

02-02-10 08:04 PM
    No it isn't. At least I'm not the one running around with toys...

umm ok solid response
    02-02-10 08:04 PM
    umm ok solid response
    Sorry

02-02-10 08:09 PM
    The great speakerphone. Don't think we talk about it that often, but it's loud and clear.

02-02-10 09:52 PM
    yea the 9000 speakers are legendary
    02-02-10 10:15 PM
110 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD