Actually the notification centre is easier for me to access as all I have to do is swipe anywhere on my screen to access it. No L swipes from the bottom. No reaching up.
    That's the beauty of Android customisation

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    That's the thing a lot of people seem to forget about Android. If there is something you really don't like about Android, you can pretty much always change it depending on your skill and knowledge level. The operating system is open source after all.
    08-15-14 06:01 AM
    That's the thing a lot of people seem to forget about Android. If there is something you really don't like about Android, you can pretty much always change it depending on your skill and knowledge level. The operating system is open source after all.
    For tinkerers like me, this is important. I like making things do what I want, and Android fits the bill in this regard.
    08-15-14 09:30 AM
    Actually the notification centre is easier for me to access as all I have to do is swipe anywhere on my screen to access it. No L swipes from the bottom. No reaching up.
    That's the beauty of Android customisation

Have you tried reaching the notification centre from image viewer or video? I had to do two swipes which was confusing compared to a single gesture on Z10.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 09:45 AM
    Have you tried reaching the notification centre from image viewer or video? I had to do two swipes which was confusing compared to a single gesture on Z10.

Posted via CB10
    It's a tap-swipe. Tap to reveal the notification bar to see the notification icon or catch the scroll, then swipe down to see the actual notification.
    08-15-14 10:12 AM
    Objectively, HUB is better than notification center because:

1. HUB has all the features notification center offers, and then some.
    2. HUB is easier to access and to interact, i.e. bringing your finger to the top is tougher than just just operate at the bottom.

So basically:

HUB = better notification center + more features.

Therefore, HUB > Notification center.

Therefore, HUB ! = Notification center.

Logically, I still don't understand why you guys insist that HUB is a different notification center.

I do however, understand you may prefer both equally though, when the "better" part of HUB is I significant to you.

Yes, it doesn't really matter. But since we are killing time on this forum anyway...

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175

The hub is an excellent unified inbox and it has it's advantages over the Android notification system. And I like how the notification don't disappear unless I remove them myself(this is important to some users) and how so many services are well integrated in to it.

However, the hub has it's limitations. For example, Android offers interactive notifications where the developer can have the user control functions of an app using notifications. Also the swipe down notification center is easy to access and messages can be dismissed easily using one swipe.

So in conclusion, I think Android handles individual notifications better and Blackberry has better integration.
    darkehawke likes this.
    08-15-14 10:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    One swipe from image and a tap and swipe from video player. I could make it so I could 1 swipe to messages from anywhere if I want to but it's not needed.
    If I get a new message it's just one swipe from anywhere

08-15-14 11:25 AM
    It's a tap-swipe. Tap to reveal the notification bar to see the notification icon or catch the scroll, then swipe down to see the actual notification.
    "Very confusing ". LOL.

Sent from my N5
    08-15-14 05:12 PM
    "Very confusing ". LOL.

Sent from my N5
    "Very consistent" across apps.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 01:59 AM
183 ... 678