Ok, first off, love this site.

I had issues with my curve 8330 losing battery life and just shutting down for no reason. Before going back to Verizon and demanding a new battery or phone I tried something. I got rid of the Myspace App and the Yahoo Messenger App (2 of the 3 apps I added, the 3rd being UsaToday) and surprise surprise the battery isn't being drained and the phone hasn't just shut down randomly since.

Now I have no idea if removing these apps did the trick or what but is seems odd that after those two apps were removed my BB works like I thought it would.

I also reformatted the Memory card just for grins and giggles.

But thanks to everyone here for the helpful suggestions.

David
    05-18-09 04:25 PM
    Myspace is a known memory issue around here. Also make sure your closing your apps properly by hitting menu key then selecting close. Not doing so will leave some apps running in the background making your device run slowly after time. You can check to see what apps are running by holding the alt key and hitting the back key. A dialog that allows you to quickly switch apps come up. There is normally five apps in there that you cant close. Browser,hoem,phone,messages and BBM.
    05-18-09 04:30 PM
    Agreed RLP, i bet it was MySpace also. I've had Yahoo IM on my device for months, I always leave it open and have experienced no ill effects from doing so...

Welcome to CrackBerry as well!
    05-18-09 04:33 PM
    Thanks rlp32. I'll make sure the apps are closed.
    05-18-09 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD