Some little jerks stole my Blackberry Pearl the other day. Brand new silicone cover and 8gb micro SD card in it. I kept calling it and they kept answering telling me they were gonna give it back. I tried to meet them at two different places and when I'd get there and call them again they were like "Oh, sorry we are here now, we tried to call you but this thing is locked whats the password so we can get ahold of you?" Yeah right.

I told them they would never be able to use it. The serial number would be locked. Asked them if I could please have it back as there was alot of personal information in it. And it was Christmas.

They never intended to give it back, they just stole it to steal something. Teenagers showing off in front of their friends.

Merry christmas. Hope you kids have a great day with your families while I can't even call mine because I don't have a phone.
    01-01-08 10:49 AM
    Sorry to hear about that. I would definitely call the police and file a report. Some people just have no morals.
    01-01-08 10:57 AM
    I am so sorry. Ignorant people...uggh.

Did you have the insurance on it? If so, after you filed your police report, report the claim to your carrier and pay the deductible and get a new BB overnight.
    01-01-08 10:59 AM
    Ahhhh. Don't take extreme measures!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-08 04:24 PM
    I would kill for my BB and I've only had it for 5 days. I'm sorry that some ***** kid stole your BB. If you have a warranty make good use of it and get a new BB. I'd also file a police report like stated above.

01-01-08 04:56 PM
    Offer them a reward, they'd rather have the cash.

01-01-08 05:45 PM
    Offer them a reward, they'd rather have the cash.

That's what I'd do...In fact, in my Owner's Information I have "Reward if Found" on all my BB's.
    01-01-08 05:49 PM
    That's what I'd do...In fact, in my Owner's Information I have "Reward if Found" on all my BB's.
    Great Idea! I just added it to mine.

Thanks
    01-01-08 05:55 PM
    Now I'll admit that I rarely, if ever, lock my BB.
    01-01-08 06:00 PM
    I also just did this. Good tip. Still kind of sad that we live in a world where this is necessary, though.

(The more people I meet, the more I like my BlackBerry.)
    01-01-08 06:45 PM
    (The more people I meet, the more I like my BlackBerry.)
    Wow. I'm with you.
    01-01-08 07:31 PM
    not to be the vigilante of the group...

but don't you sometimes feel like catching "those little punks" would be worth them stealing it....???

I know sometimes I feel that way (when something like that has happened to me in the past...)

-db

I'm not saying....

I'm just saying...
    01-01-08 07:36 PM
    Just curious, but if you call the carrier, can't they triangulate it through their network or GPS? Give you and the PD an idea where the darn thing is. Then just hunt it down and then call 911.
    01-01-08 08:17 PM
    Wow, I'm sorry to hear about that. Did you notify the carrier so they could deactivate it or something? It would really suck to get a huge phone bill at the end of the month on top of having your Pearl stolen. Talk about adding insult to injury...
    01-01-08 08:31 PM
    Sorry about that man, that blows.....

Good luck and hope you find it.
    01-01-08 08:59 PM
    I was going to offer them cash but I just got so frustrated I gave up. I did not have insurance on it but I'm working on getting it replaced.

The reward if found is a great idea! Just added it.

And thanks for the outpouring of support. I'm not sure how I would have handled this tradegy without you
    01-01-08 09:15 PM
    Oh wow. I really feel your pain!

Hope you get it back soon.
    01-01-08 09:35 PM
    Either have your Carrier track it, or you can offer the reward and then just have an undercover cop sitting right next to you when they come to collect the money.

01-01-08 09:42 PM
    YIPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, my fellow crackberriers (Word?) my company has agreed to replace my BB!!!! Even though technically it is not their fault that I got it stolen. I truly should've been paying more attention, set it on a counter at the mall in the middle of Christmas (I mean my bad for thinking people might NOT steal during the holidays) they have decided that running my life remotely from the little ******* is worth the money!

Now, not only do I get my precious pearl back.....my work gets to stalk me again. I've been threatining to go blackberry-less for the last week. I've been using an old 8703 in the meantime but I told them it was going to have to be returned to owner.

The thought of NOT being able to make me jump to answer them at the slightest jingle of my little butter-cup must've made them as sick to their stomaches as I was about losing my 8gb of music they decided it was time to run my pityful little life again. YEAH!!!!

I am excited! My thumb was starting to hurt from using this scroll wheel thingy-ma-bob
    01-04-08 01:55 AM
    Just a thought I know some carriers offer a find me feature on gps enabled phone I have it on my little bro's phone so I kbow where he is through out the day. Its just an idea for tracking a phone. I'm really sorry that people would ruin the holidays by stealing. Good thing you got a replacement

01-04-08 02:11 AM
    The pain the pain, but at least it's being replaced. I have my precious bb locked at all times for that very reason. I hope that your sd card was secured as well, that way that they can't use it hopefully. We live and we learn.
    01-04-08 10:14 AM
    I agree that this is a great ideal, so I added it as well.
    01-04-08 10:17 AM
    The pain the pain, but at least it's being replaced. I have my precious bb locked at all times for that very reason. I hope that your sd card was secured as well, that way that they can't use it hopefully. We live and we learn.
    Might be a dumb question, but how do you secure your SD card?
    ALSO, I'm still trying to figure out how to lock the phone and not just the keypad.
    01-04-08 10:57 AM
    Get a 'Stuff Back' sticker. I can't remeber the site address I got a few as a gift, they offer a reward and ship it back to you. I've got one on just about all my mobile devices.
    01-04-08 11:15 AM
    that's BEYOND horrible. i'm so sorry.
    01-05-08 01:04 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD