BB10 fails to turn a profit for BlackBerry in first full quarter of availability
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/28/44...ue-subscribers
    Read the comments, I tried to be a fair voice but there are always proponents to Blackberry for some reason.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-28-13 08:19 AM
    I dont think they have all the numbers correct as this was published before the conference call ended i think. But they numbers they do have are better than the real ones...
    06-28-13 08:21 AM
    Honestly, I was rooting for BB but in the end, I do understand the reported loss.

1. Not reporting on actual sales (shipped, sold) doesn't inspire investor confidence and some are bound to pull out of the deal. Losing investor capital is never good.
    2. Their new handsets are way overpriced. For a company whose goal is to regain market share, that's a bad move that raised skepticism even more. Plenty of people jumped ship due to the huge price. As a customer, the move tells me they want fast money more than they want loyal customers and to the investors it tells that the company isn't confident in their system so they want to cash in ASAP.
    3. The delay in opening BBM to other platforms helps to cast more doubt in the company's capacity to move forward.

I noticed you tried to be a voice of reason over at TheVerge forum, but realistically people aren't going to trust information coming from a source that has "berry" in its name. The company needs to come out with the information that the people are expecting. The market needs cold real numbers and a strategy that will lead to better sales.

Personally I smell a price cut in the air, if Blackberry hopes to regain its horde of followers. Combine that with the release of BBM and a forecast of a couple of quarters with more losses, there might be a light at the end of the tunnel. Otherwise, the best option is to carve a small niche, but that also means layoffs as well as adjusting their R&D with more modest goals to fit that niche.

So, the question becomes, what is Blackberry's intention in the long run? Take Microsoft's position in the mobile world? Or find a small niche at the bottom for itself?
    06-28-13 09:02 AM