Just got a notification that I checked out. It gives you the feeling that everything is perfect.
    with #androidenterprise being prominent in the tweet.

What's your take on this?
    Attached Thumbnails These Blackberry Mobile tweets are disconcerting...-37390.jpg  
    10-23-19 04:32 AM
    Just got a notification that I checked out. It gives you the feeling that everything is perfect.
    with #androidenterprise being prominent in the tweet.

What's your take on this?
    Well, they probably still have stock to sell, no?
    10-23-19 06:35 AM
    The thing is that Blackberry Mobile no longer exists as a company inside TCL.
    or correct me if I'm wrong.
    10-23-19 12:01 PM
    The thing is that Blackberry Mobile no longer exists as a company inside TCL.
    or correct me if I'm wrong.
    You are wrong. BB Mobile does still exist. Not sure what you find alarming.
    Rico4you likes this.
    10-23-19 12:07 PM
    You are wrong. BB Mobile does still exist. Not sure what you find alarming.
    All the workers and managers have been made redundant. I exchanged a Linked in message with the now ex Product manager. The 'start-up' was closed on 31st January 2019 to all intents and purposes, with TCL interns adding Twitter and Instagram posts every now and again. What would they be doing anyway? No phones are being made, no promotional events, no planned new models.... so what would be the point? Or, do you have any information to the contrary?
    Last edited by mrsimon; 10-23-19 at 12:25 PM.
    10-23-19 12:11 PM
    All the workers and managers have been made redundant. I exchanged a Linked in message with the now ex Product manager. The 'start-up' was closed on 31st January 2019 to all intents and purposes, with TCL interns adding Twitter and Instagram posts every now and again. What would they be doing anyway? No phones are being made, so what would be the point? Or, do you have any information to the contrary?
    Everything you stated is non official. Therefore BBMobile still exists unless you have a official press statement stating otherwise.
    Rico4you likes this.
    10-23-19 12:26 PM
    Everything you stated is non official. Therefore BBMobile still exists unless you have a official press statement stating otherwise.
    It looks like they still exist.
    https://blackberrymobile.com/sp/
    But well, if you owned a company not producing any products, not doing any promotional events, and not planning any new models, as well as not updating their current models with the promised Android 9, would you still be paying people to sit around, play on their Iphones and drink coffee?

I have 3 Android TCL BB branded devices, so I'd love to see more in the future. Maybe it's not official, but you don't need to be a genius to look at the situation to come to a similar opinion.
    And why are you so touchy about some Chinese off-shoot company anyway? It's not emotional, it's just business.
    10-23-19 12:36 PM
    It looks like they still exist.
    https://blackberrymobile.com/sp/
    But well, if you owned a company not producing any products, not doing any promotional events, and not planning any new models, as well as not updating their current models with the promised Android 9, would you still be paying people to sit around, play on their Iphones and drink coffee?

I have 3 Android TCL BB branded devices, so I'd love to see more in the future. Maybe it's not official, but you don't need to be a genius to look at the situation to come to a similar opinion.
    And why are you so touchy about some Chinese off-shoot company anyway? It's not emotional, it's just business.
    The phones are still for sale, I can order from BestBuy right now in fact so having an intern or even volunteers post some things to a facebook/insta/snap/twitter account is not costing them anything that they would worry about.
    Rico4you and ppeters914 like this.
    10-23-19 12:43 PM
    The phones are still for sale, I can order from BestBuy right now in fact so having an intern or even volunteers post some things to a facebook/insta/snap/twitter account is not costing them anything that they would worry about.
    The phones are already in the stores and not being sold by BB Mobile. e.g. the EU store is handled by a third party. TCL is distributing them.
    You either get it or you don't want to!!
    10-23-19 12:49 PM
    The phones are already in the stores and not being sold by BB Mobile. e.g. the EU store is handled by a third party. TCL is distributing them.
    You either get it or you don't want to!!
    I'm not sure why you're so interested in knowing from whom the employees are getting their paychecks. The fact is the entity still exists, and everything and anything that is still going on with these devices flow through BBMo.

In any event, it's just a division of a larger company and nothing much more than part of an accounting shell game anyway.
    bh7171 and ppeters914 like this.
    10-23-19 01:14 PM
    I'm not sure why you're so interested in knowing from whom the employees are getting their paychecks. The fact is the entity still exists, and everything and anything that is still going on with these devices flow through BBMo.

In any event, it's just a division of a larger company and nothing much more than part of an accounting shell game anyway.
    And yet we do have evidence to suggest they are just riding out contracts with BlackBerry and likely won't make new phones. That does not negate what you have stated.
    10-23-19 01:48 PM
    And yet we do have evidence to suggest they are just riding out contracts with BlackBerry and likely won't make new phones. That does not negate what you have stated.
    Hard, indisputable evidence? No.

Rumours combined with some circumstantial evidence? Yes.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    10-23-19 01:55 PM
    CrackBerry Forums - You hear it here first and accept it last.
    10-23-19 02:11 PM
    Hard, indisputable evidence? No.

Rumours combined with some circumstantial evidence? Yes.
    Yes. Agreed. But they seem more than likely versus a big surprise of new phones, no?
    10-23-19 02:30 PM
    Yes. Agreed. But they seem more than likely versus a big surprise of new phones, no?
    I would be shocked to see a new device spawned by the current licencing arrangement with TCL.
    ppeters914 and John Albert like this.
    10-23-19 02:32 PM
    I would be shocked to see a new device spawned by the current licencing arrangement with TCL.
    And at the end of the day, that is what I am saying. It's done.
    10-23-19 02:34 PM
    And at the end of the day, that is what I am saying. It's done.
    Just as BB10 was "done" in 2014.... yet there are some that still expect BlackBerry to dust it off and push it out any day now.

BBMo might exist for another year... they probable have contracts to fulfill. I doubt Verizon picked up the KEY2 LE so late in the game without some kind of contractual arrangement.
    10-23-19 02:49 PM
    I guess some of you are not fully understanding the replies

The question of does BB Mobile still exist was answered YES as it still does exist. Does the tweet really mean anything either way? No not really as like mention product is still out there to move. I dont care what they tweet, hell I helped run the Alcatel instagram account for about a year. Disconcerting would be way down at the bottom of the list though.

As for everything else since we are on CB we here and know some things that the majority of the people out there dont. Based on our "Insider" information we all know that things are bleak but from a company standpoint BB Mobile is doing just like they should and continuing on.

Personally I think its over and we dont see another device unless BB and TCL restructure or go at the keyboard devices with a different agreement.

To put it this way, BB Mobile is not a publicly traded company but if it was and based on the leaked info the stock would have been pummeled and they company would have been forced to make announcements and such and probably be dead by now. Since its not though like @conite mentioned they can keep up the front until they deem an announcement needs to be made, good bad or other.
    Laura Knotek and ppeters914 like this.
    10-23-19 03:18 PM
    Well, they probably still have stock to sell, no?
    At least a dozen!
    10-23-19 06:42 PM
    Surely you see the irony in you asking that question, right? Why are YOU so touchy about it? It's not emotional, it's just business.
    10-23-19 06:55 PM
    Surely you see the irony in you asking that question, right? Why are YOU so touchy about it? It's not emotional, it's just business.
    Yes, the whole business is ironic. And who would've thought it figures?

Yes, for an expert on this I'd like to hand you over to Canadian BB addict, Alanis. Take it away.
    10-23-19 11:54 PM
    Yes, the whole business is ironic. And who would've thought it figures?

Yes, for an expert on this I'd like to hand you over to Canadian BB addict, Alanis. Take it away.
    We should make the voice of BB as it could only be successful.
    10-24-19 08:21 AM
    10-24-19 12:46 PM
    https://blackberrymobile.com/press-room/
    Last press release was in March this year. However, some here will still manage to spin this postively.

Over here in the UK, there is no longer a BlackBerry Mobile division dealing with phones and all emails and information (usually enterprise) now come from TCL.
    10-24-19 07:19 PM
    I'm just going to leave this here:

BB10: Supported by Blackberry Limited despite no viable financial reason to do so. Argued to be completely dead by many on this forum.

BBMobile, according to those same people: It's alive, even though all indications are they aren't actually doing anything or producing any devices!
    elfabio80 likes this.
    10-25-19 01:43 AM
34 12