With my iPhone 4S so why am I busting a gut to get the Z10 Friday at Verizon?

I think maybe its a first love thing... Blackberry was the first phone I had complete love for.. I went to the iPhone bec I thought I was missing out and tbh I like the apps a lot, but I have never said that I love my iPhone.

So Friday I have a reunion with my first love and my heart is aflutter <3 lol
    neteng1000, JR A, Jince and 1 others like this.
    03-27-13 08:16 AM
    Congrats and welcome back to the BB family!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    03-27-13 08:19 AM
    My wife wants to replace her 4S with the new BB, but she'll have to wait since we're with Sprint.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-27-13 08:35 AM
    It's about time you came back! Lol

The Z is a great phone. It's not perfect and it has a lot of maturing to do but it really is a great phone.

There are a ton of "How To" videos here on Crackberry that will help you learn a lot about the Z10.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 08:36 AM
    With my iPhone 4S so why am I busting a gut to get the Z10 Friday at Verizon?

I think maybe its a first love thing... Blackberry was the first phone I had complete love for.. I went to the iPhone bec I thought I was missing out and tbh I like the apps a lot, but I have never said that I love my iPhone.

So Friday I have a reunion with my first love and my heart is aflutter <3 lol
    Awwwwwwww!
    03-27-13 08:40 AM
    It's about time you came back! Lol

The Z is a great phone. It's not perfect and it has a lot of maturing to do but it really is a great phone.

There are a ton of "How To" videos here on Crackberry that will help you learn a lot about the Z10.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    Thx everyone and yes ita that going in and knowing there are glitches here and there that updates will address is going in with your eyes wide open but guess what iOS has updates and I have updates to assorted apps almost daily so it's all good.
    03-27-13 08:45 AM
    I called my husband "my precious" and he lol and said that he knows who my precious is hahaha....
    I wantsss it, i needsss it
    03-27-13 08:47 AM
    A Lot of people seem to be coming back to BlackBerry. Great to see

BlackBerry Z10-Go Leafs Go
    03-27-13 09:10 AM
    I called Verizon a few mins ago and asked if I could reserve a Z10 for Friday she told me to hold a moment and came back on and said I could come get it tomorrow!!! Say what, really? Yes!

She was a little bit sassy tho and told me no hurry they wouldn't go that fast ... I told her she might be surprised.
    03-27-13 10:29 AM
    You just stated the best reason to switch... not because BB is better of Apple is worse but you feel that "time for a change"....
    03-27-13 10:54 AM
    You just stated the best reason to switch... not because BB is better of Apple is worse but you feel that "time for a change"....
    Good luck OP. Change can be a good thing. The UI is apparently great. The gestures are a good way to interact according to most. I can appreciate that fact as I am a PlayBook owner and while I have *many* issues with it, the swipe based UI is not one of them. Don't expect a straightforward transition though.

There is an excellent thread from a knowledgeable forum member who tried *very* hard to make the same transition. You should read it to see potential sticking points:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...63/index4.html

Punch lines:
    -“So today I finalized the decision and went back to the iPhone 4S.”

-He tried to give it to his wife who is a “a much more basic user who expects far less out of her phone. She primarily uses it for e-mail, messaging and browsing.”

-Somehow his wife rejected it (no details given).

-He bought an iPhone 5 and is presently using the Z10 as a wifi access device at home.
    “Took the Z10 out of the desk drawer and charged it up this week.”
    “I should point out my Z10's current status:
    Unlocked
    Inactive Rogers SIM card inserted
    Connected to my home wifi”

Huge thread and you really should read it all. My take is that he feels the device shows a lot of potential but is not ready for prime time. Others may see a different take away message. Read it and make up your own mind.

One last quote from the OP:
    “Don't disagree, which is why I am holding on to the Z10 and not selling it. There's tremendous potential in the device and the OS. And yes, it is a first generation so there will be some glitches.

But... the first generation excuse is just that: an excuse. The mass consumer doesn't care about the fact that BB can't reasonably be expected to release flawless. What they want is something that works. The simpler the better. Can BlackBerry make BB10 successful? They sure can, but they absolutely must keep up the pace. They have to be making improvements month after month to the operating system, otherwise the promise of BB10 remains just that: a promise.

You just can't get away from the fact that they are soooo far behind their competition. And their R&D funds are puny compared to their competition. They're at a huge disadvantage and can't afford to be complacent for even a moment. That's where I'm disappointed, that ultimately support just shrugged their shoulders and said 'that's as good as it gets".”

PS
    I find it interesting that at least one of the forum members that responded to you was well aware of this informative thread and did not see fit to mention it. I think the chances of you making a successful transition will be much greater with the knowledge gained from the thread I referenced. Quote from that poster in the thread I referenced. His.... distinctive...... grammatical..... style.... may.... give.... him.... away....... :
    "found it amuzing those who posted they are returning their device after a day or too.... tempted to send them to ths thread to get educated a bit......many of them need it..."

Apparently when the thread didn't end the way he wanted it to, the temptation to send potential switchers to it faded.
    03-27-13 11:29 AM
    As they say, "If it's true love, you'll come back..."
    angieberry10 likes this.
    03-27-13 01:30 PM
    I can't fault anyone for going back. **** I love my Android phones, but I'm slowly going back to the 9650 as the daily driver. It's a love/hate relationship. Unfortunately now I have to go get my speaker replaced.
    03-27-13 01:34 PM