Screw the whole "There's an app for that" campaign. How about RIM starts a "There's a BlackBerry for that" campaign.

Need a keyboard? There's a BlackBerry for that.
    Need a bigger screen? There's a BlackBerry for that.
    Need a bigger screen with a keyboard? There's a Blackberry for that.
    Need a flip phone? There's a BlackBerry for that.
    Need a smaller phone? There's a BlackBerry for that.
    Need a tablet? There's a BlackBerry for that.
    kthhrrsn, Chrisy, Bilaal and 2 others like this.
    03-28-12 11:57 AM
    I like it...don't know how well it'll catch on though because it is similar to the app saying.
    03-28-12 12:00 PM
    In short, there's a Blackberry for everyone
    spike12 and Spencerdl like this.
    03-28-12 12:05 PM
    Screw the whole "There's an app for that" campaign. How about RIM starts a "There's a BlackBerry for that" campaign.

haha clever. i don't think they could really use that as their campaign slogan though, prolly need to mix it up
    03-28-12 12:18 PM
    I quite like that. Pretty catchy.

It'll stem down to all sorts of lifes sayings too.
    03-28-12 12:20 PM
    I like it!
    03-28-12 12:22 PM
    Great. Sure, the "there's an app for that" is a 2008-2009 campaign, but by all means RIM should definitely counter it in 2012. Better late than never I suppose.
    03-28-12 12:41 PM
    Used to be a CMO, I think, but went and one of Mike/Jim took it over instead of finding a replacement. Thorsten has said he'll hire one but no later progress thus far.

On topic, problem with this slogan is RIM is looking to reduce its product range so the flip and smaller phone will probably go.
    03-28-12 05:54 PM
    They'd be pretty much hijacking apple ads and making people think they've always been about blackberry..lol
    03-28-12 06:18 PM
    Great. Sure, the "there's an app for that" is a 2008-2009 campaign, but by all means RIM should definitely counter it in 2012. Better late than never I suppose.
    Since you're so quick to criticize about every post on or about blackberrys what would you do beside be a critic?
    03-28-12 06:24 PM
    Since you're so quick to criticize about every post on or about blackberrys what would you do beside be a critic?
    Actually, the criticism is quite valid. It is an ancient ad campaign and it is 2012. It was also done in a different direction by Google and Verizon back in 2008-2009. The fact is that there is also an Android powered device for all of the things listed, and (shortly) a Windows powered device for almost everything except flip phones. This ship left the docks a long time ago and pulling out old marketing campaigns just makes one look further out of step. It really only sounds cool to RIM disciples who are not the company's problem....
    03-28-12 07:40 PM
    Actually, the criticism is quite valid. It is an ancient ad campaign and it is 2012. It was also done in a different direction by Google and Verizon back in 2008-2009. The fact is that there is also an Android powered device for all of the things listed, and (shortly) a Windows powered device for almost everything except flip phones. This ship left the docks a long time ago and pulling out old marketing campaigns just makes one look further out of step. It really only sounds cool to RIM disciples who are not the company's problem....
    While I don't think it would be a good idea either I felt no need to criticize the OP. If you read most of the economist post while he does point out some things he is most always critical. I guess someone with that type of personality can not help themselves.

I have to wonder why he/she can't stay out of the blackberry section of mobile nations and criticize his apple friends but what is the fun in that.
    03-28-12 07:56 PM
    I'm pretty sure he wasn't being totally serious about it. Just having some fun. Some people do that. Some people aren't negative all the time too.
    03-28-12 08:11 PM
    03-28-12 08:14 PM
    I wasn't actually saying RIM should use this, that would actually be a pretty bad idea. I was just having a little fun with a post while making a point about BlackBerrys.

This would be a pretty fun fan made BlackBerry promotion, nothing more. RIM would be criticized to no end if they copied a 4 year old Apple marketing campaign.
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    03-29-12 07:17 AM
    Looks good (y)

It fits because the latest os 7 line is virtually equal and the final factor to decision is personal preference to it is a great campaign!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342
    03-29-12 07:26 AM
    I don't have the post count to criticize "about every" post, so please try and make your point without exaggerating the facts.

I would offer a campaign that didn't double as advertising for my largest competitor. In other words, I'd do exactly what RIM is currently doing with the "Be Bold" series.

While I don't think it would be a good idea either
    Exactly.

If you read most of the economist post while he does point out some things he is most always critical. I guess someone with that type of personality can not help themselves.
    I don't think you have enough information to comment on my "personality."

I have to wonder why he/she can't stay out of the blackberry section of mobile nations and criticize his apple friends but what is the fun in that.
    I wonder why you post here 80 times a day. Life is full of questions.
    03-29-12 08:10 AM
    I don't have the post count to criticize "about every" post, so please try and make your point without exaggerating the facts.

I would offer a campaign that didn't double as advertising for my largest competitor. In other words, I'd do exactly what RIM is currently doing with the "Be Bold" series.

Exactly.

I don't think you have enough information to comment on my "personality."

I wonder why you post here 80 times a day. Life is full of questions.
    Oh so true. Mysteries abound. Perhaps I like to try and help people and yes put my 2 cents in also without being condescending. I agree when reading text the reader can read something that wasn't intended.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    03-29-12 08:24 AM
    i know this was all in jest, but this is a real bad approach for rim to take..

campaigns, ads and promotion are about the message behind the message.. in this case that message is "RIM doesnt have any focus"

fwiw, the much harangued "be bold" ads are a better campaign for RIM right now.. personally i would have had a little more snapshots of social feeds etc, but the focus on connectivity is pushing the strengths of the BB.

03-29-12 08:33 AM
    hired! Lol please pass go and collect $50k
    03-29-12 08:41 AM
    NEED A GLOW-IN-THE-DARK 10-SPEED? OR SOME CUPCAKES?

apparently there's a BB for that
    03-29-12 11:12 AM
    What? You confused me...
    04-01-12 05:22 PM
    It will be a while before we have all these form factors on OS10.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    04-01-12 05:48 PM
    Want to video call a family member regardless of what device they have? There is a...

Uhhh, guys help me out here...

I like the idea, but with these type of campaign, RIM have to make sure they cover EVERY single corner of the paper.
    04-01-12 06:04 PM
    Need a tool not a toy? There are a lot of blackberries for that.
    Need a toy not a tool? There isn't a blackberry for that.

The majority of the general public want toys. RIM needs to stop advertising that their phones are tools and start to think about the consumer market.

If they want bb10 to succeed then RIM better allow apps to be stored on internal memory instead of RAM. This is holding OS 6/7 phones back.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    04-01-12 11:08 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD