Hey,
    I was just reading someone's post here and thought that maybe there is a way to set your BB to check for emails at a specified time, or manually? Is there a way to do that?
    Angel
    10-11-07 02:20 AM
    Sorry, no. If you have POP3 accounts setup, it will check between 1 - 15 minutes. If it's GMail, Hotmail or Yahoo, it's push technology, thus you'll get the email instantly...
    10-11-07 04:27 AM
    Hey Nav,
    Thanks! Hey, while I got you here, I have been having trouble trying to get onto the CB site from my BB, using the default browser to dl, CB launcher. Is there something that I can do to make this thing log on to the site from the BB, that I am missing. Or are some BB user's, just experiencing this problem regardless. I can get on the site using OM-beta 4, but not the other way around. Is there a short cut to finding the link to the crack berry launcher. So many questions so little time. Also, what is WAP site versus the standard forum site. Is it just the look of it (appearance). None of the bells and whistles?
    Angel
    10-11-07 12:27 PM
    I do not get my MSN.com mail instantly on my bb.
    The good folks at Blackberry told me the system is suppose to check for mail mail every 10 to 15 minutes. ( I had that conversation with them several months ago)
    Anyone know if there is a difference between HOTmail.com and MSN.com mail receipt.(other than the obvious)?
    10-19-07 06:32 PM
    Sorry, no. If you have POP3 accounts setup, it will check between 1 - 15 minutes. If it's GMail, Hotmail or Yahoo, it's push technology, thus you'll get the email instantly...
    Navilyn: Can you expand upon your comments? I can understand why a 1 to 15 minute standard would be the norm for a POP account but I'm curious as to your assertion that Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo are instantaneous. I have found that my Gmail is indeed instantaneous but I guess I am not clear as to why it would be faster than email sent to a POP account. Just looking for a little more "education" here. Thanks in advance.
    10-22-07 11:11 PM
    With POP based mail, what if you do the "reconcile now" feature in your BB?
    10-24-07 06:42 AM
    If you do that, it will check your email.
    10-24-07 07:09 AM
    I'm having an issue where not all my email is downloading to the blackberry. I have the mobile gmail app installed, but I generally don't use it to check emails as the blackberry app is faster and more convenient. However, sometimes when I check the gmail app I see far more email in my inbox than what was sent to my blackberry. What would cause this discrepancy? At first I thought it was only email from one particular domain, but now I'm noticing other emails not coming through on the blackberry and I haven't been able to figure out any sort of pattern involved. Thanks!
    10-29-07 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD