It seems my battery goes so fast. I just got this phone, but i get the feeling if i left the house with it fully charged in the morning it would not last 24 hours.
    04-04-09 03:50 PM
    The more you use it the more the battery drains. It takes alot of power to do all it does. Coming from a dumbphone where batteries would last a long time between charges just takes some getting used to. Charge it nightly is my advice. My battery at the end of the day with what I consider moderate use is at about 50%.
    04-04-09 04:18 PM
    Some of the things that you can do on the storm to optimize the battery life are turn down the backlight brightness (I have mine set to 10), turn off the LED coverage indicator, turn down the backlight timeout (I have mine set to 30 seconds) and also make sure that you are actually closing the apps you are done with (You can check this by holding the BB key down to show the running apps).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ArmaK; 04-04-09 at 05:06 PM.
    04-04-09 04:57 PM
    thank you, i had no idea all those apps were running. great to know its that easy to keep track...
    04-04-09 05:04 PM
    One thing to remember is that there are 5 apps that are always running on your device and can't be closed. They are BB Messenger, Browser, Home Screen, Messages and Phone.

04-04-09 05:08 PM
    Upgrading your OS will drastically improve battery life... 4.7.0.65/.75 are horrid compared to any of the most recent leaks (.109, .113, .114).
    04-04-09 05:21 PM
    I have v4.7.0.75 (Platform 4.0.0.94)

no idea what that means though... if you think i should upgrade, please explain!

PS. I have a mac computer
    04-04-09 05:37 PM
    I have v4.7.0.75 (Platform 4.0.0.94)

no idea what that means though... if you think i should upgrade, please explain!

PS. I have a mac computer
    That means that you are running the .75 OS and should upgrade. I have run each of the OS and so far think that .113 is a good OS for you to install. The only problem is that you are using a mac and in order to do the update you need to use windows or emulate windows on your mac.

BlackBerry 9530 OS 4.7.0.113

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...eta-os-122851/

04-04-09 06:24 PM
    Thanks ArmaK and everyone else for your posts! I just got my storm this week and so far my if I charge my battery overnight....by the end of the day I am lucky to have 20% left on the battery and I am just a moderate user. When I checked though....I must have had every application on the phone running. I also adjusted my screen so we will see how much uf a charge it hols tomorrow?! Thanks again everyone!
    04-04-09 08:58 PM
    Newbie here............how can I tell what my OS is? I mean, where do I go to find that info? Thanks
    04-05-09 07:44 AM
    I am having problems with my camera. Everytime I try to turn it on is gives me this error: Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again. Well I did that and still nothing couild anyone help?
    04-05-09 08:18 AM
    Newbie here............how can I tell what my OS is? I mean, where do I go to find that info? Thanks
    Go to Options - About. This will show you which version is on your BB.
    04-05-09 08:34 AM
    I am having problems with my camera. Everytime I try to turn it on is gives me this error: Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again. Well I did that and still nothing couild anyone help?
    Which version of the OS are you running? Have you upgraded your OS?
    04-05-09 08:35 AM
    Is There Anyway To Upgrade Os From .75 To Newer One Without Doing It On Your Computer. Is There No Ota Version?
    04-07-09 01:23 AM
    Is There Anyway To Upgrade Os From .75 To Newer One Without Doing It On Your Computer. Is There No Ota Version?
    You can only do an OTA update when there is an official update released by your carrier. There are rumors that there is a new official update coming from VZW and it may be .113. But by now I learned not to believe any rumors about OS releases.

04-07-09 01:59 AM
    I would also recommend using auto on/off overnight - will also help u get some sleep once the addiction takes hold!

04-07-09 03:14 AM
    One thing to remember is that there are 5 apps that are always running on your device and can't be closed. They are BB Messenger, Browser, Home Screen, Messages and Phone.

It seems my Application Center is always on also. I hold the BB button to show the running apps and its always there, but when i click on it the running app bar just closes and im just left with the screen i started from.

This happens even after opening Application Center and closing it...

I dont know what to do about this because I cant delete Application Center. I dont really care, but I dont want to be loosing battery power...
    04-16-09 10:11 AM
    It seems my Application Center is always on also. I hold the BB button to show the running apps and its always there, but when i click on it the running app bar just closes and im just left with the screen i started from.

This happens even after opening Application Center and closing it...

I dont know what to do about this because I cant delete Application Center. I dont really care, but I dont want to be loosing battery power...
    The icon you are seeing is the auto refresh option of the app center. You can disable this by opening the app center, pressing the bb key and clicking auto refresh list to remove the check next to it. Now do a battery pull and it should not appear in your app switch anymore.

04-16-09 05:01 PM
    Cool. I had already turned that off, but I didnt reboot. Its gone now, thanks!
    04-16-09 06:50 PM
    something i just put together is that i think my battery is draining faster than usual due to the phone searching for the network. I work in a basement and dont get good reception (1 or sometimes 2 bars)

My last phone would die after an hour or so due to spending all its battery on this task... but when i got the storm i kinda ruled that out because it did get reception even though it was crappy.

Anyway, after being out this weekend and seeing and keeping an eye on how long the battery lasted, then coming to work and seeing a full battery go down to about 1/4 in only 3/4 of my work day, ive come to realize i think this is the problem.

Does this happen to anyone else? I wonder if i can enhance my signal somehow...
    04-20-09 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD