I have about 300-400 notes from my old PDA (Palm) that I would like to now have in NotePad on my (oh so lovely) BB Torch. Any one know how/the best way to do this? And I am on a Mac.

-W
    12-31-10 11:59 PM
    I had to do it manually by first getting them into Outlook notepad, then syncing those with my BB. Fortunately I didn't have 300+ to transfer. Does the pda have any type of desktop software that might allow you to export them as rich text or other generic formats that a Mac might read? Or does the pda have any kind of email functionality so you could send them to youself? Just trying to offer ideas.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-11 07:43 AM
    First off... Which PDA do have (ie model number)

01-01-11 08:06 AM
    If it is a higher end that isn't a fossil then you can export with many different file types.

01-01-11 08:08 AM
    THANKS both BBMini and Evan,
    I can get the notes into just about any format as I do have Palm Desktop for my Treo 680. But I don't see any way to get them INTO BB NotePad format other than a hours-long stint of cut and paste.

-W
    01-01-11 08:14 AM
    THANKS both BBMini and Evan,
    I can get the notes into just about any format as I do have Palm Desktop for my Treo 680. But I don't see any way to get them INTO BB NotePad format other than a hours-long stint of cut and paste.

-W
    By BBNotepad are you saying MemoPad that comes with the BB?
    If you can't use the memopad that is part of your OS, download BBNotepad. It allows notes to be saved on a media card and opened in the program. And it doesn't keep the memos in device memory!

Can you convert the notes into txt or rtf files and drag them from your old pda into the storage card on the Torch?

I might be misunderstanding you or off the mark. Just thinking out loud I guess.
    syzygymedia likes this.
    01-01-11 09:29 AM
    Jaydee is right, BBNotePad will do what you want if you cannot make MemoPad work.

There are three ways to get external "notes" into MemoPad.

1). Use the Device Switch Wizard present in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager which needs instaling on your PC for and of these solutions. You will also need whatever software that came with your old PDA installed and working on the same PC.

2). Outlook sync using Desktop Manager. For this, the nores need to be in Outlook. You can import them to Outlook from a variety of sources via Outlook's Import/Export function. I think that you will have to experiment somewhat with this option until it does things the way you want.

3). ASCII import using Desktop Manager. Herre you would need a folder full of your existing note files. Each one being a .txt file. You set up Desktop Manager's Synchronization to do this once and then you sync to Outlook in the future. Again some testing will certainly be required before a satisfactory result is obtained.

For completeness I should also mention that Desktop Manager will sync notes to Yahoo but I have never used this feature and have no idea how it works.

If you do not have Desktop Manager to hand it is freely downloadable from here
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22.
    syzygymedia likes this.
    01-01-11 09:40 AM
    THANKS to everyone. Pete and Jaydee I think between your answers I have what I need. What a terrific forum! I'm on a mac and the Outlook connection is not is strong... neither is BB Desktop Mgr to be honest (have PCs but don't use them for this), but I'm not a whiner. I easily adjust to what my platform provides. It's a great New Year isn't it? New Blackberry, great new forum; it's not peace on earth... but it is good will towards man! Thanks again, be blessed and enjoy!
    01-02-11 05:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD