For my Hotmail account, my Emails are pushed to my BB Tour almost immediately. However, with my Comcast Emails, it often takes 20 to 30 minutes or more to receive them.

Is there a way to get my Comcast Emails to push to my Tour like my Hotmail ones do?
    02-06-10 10:28 AM
    I'm not a comcast user, but I have seen others on the forum complain about the same issue. Apparently comcast doesn't play well with blackberry. Maybe try forwarding your comcast mail to your hotmail and then have it pushed to your blackberry. Or just stop using it completely.
    02-06-10 10:33 AM
    Well, I actually do forward my Comcast Emails to my Hotmail account; however, for business reasons I need to reply from my Comcast one in certain situations. I'm forced to wait 20-30 minutes until the Comcast one actually arrives so I can reply from there directly. This is why it's a real pain in the @ss.
    02-06-10 10:42 AM
    Is it set up as a POP3 account? If so, there's no way to speed it up. The messages should be coming within 15 minutes, however.
    02-06-10 10:55 AM
    Good question. I'm not sure. I'll have to check (something I haven't done in a long time, I admit).
    02-06-10 10:58 AM
    FWIW, I just got off the horn with Comcast's Internet techies, and they all admitted that there's nothing they can do to change the speed with which their Emails are delivered to Blackberrys.

One comment from them rather floored me:

We're definitely more iPhone friendly. Have you considered switching from a Blackberry to an iPhone? We don't see a need right now to do anything for Blackberry users.
    Idiots.
    02-06-10 11:32 AM
    Create a Gmail account and forward your comcast emails to it. Then, set that gmail account to send emails from your comcast address. Nobody will know the difference and you will get your emails much more quickly.
    02-06-10 07:14 PM
    What settings do you recommend, then, in gmail when I set this up? I imagine for starters I'd disable POP?
    02-06-10 07:21 PM
    I'm not a comcast user, but I have seen others on the forum complain about the same issue. Apparently comcast doesn't play well with blackberry. Maybe try forwarding your comcast mail to your hotmail and then have it pushed to your blackberry. Or just stop using it completely.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but that's just too funny. I love it when people run into BIS "Polling Delays" and blame it on something other then RIM's (not so Push) Push email. lol

POP3 based mailboxes (which Comcast is) are limited to BIS "Polling Delays" of up to 15 minutes. That's the nature of RIM's email technology.
    02-06-10 08:37 PM
    My Mediacom email is slower than my Yahoo mail at reaching my BB, however, they both reach my phone faster than my computer!
    02-06-10 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD