Hey friends,
    is there a way to contact RIM directly?

I see all that amazing stuff, which is going on the crackberry site.
    Also the things Kevin is up to do and I love it!

I have got this question, because I see all that stuff on the internet and I'm amazed.
    I live in Germany and I'm a German citizen - I think the biggest "problem" for RIM's big success
    in Germany is that Germans don't really know about the power of Blackberry.
    Most Germans see Blackberry devices still as a "work device".
    If you ask people on the street about RIM/Blackberry most of them will reply:
    "Oh yeah, this are those mobile E-mail devices, right?"

I personally see the German market as a really big one for RIM, people are willing to spend
    lots of money for things they love (as they do it with their cars and stuff).

Over here Samsung devices and iPhone are a big deal - but Blackberrys not that much.

As a German, I know how they think about new stuff and Germans are really conservative!
    "I don't know that - I'm not interested in it!"
    Onces Ingvar Kamprad (founder of IKEA) said: "If you can find the way to the heart of Germans, you can find they way to people all over the world!"
    So he opened the first IKEA out of Sweden in Germany - and he was right!
    He did it in Germany and all over the world. One of the most successful persons ever.
    He also knew how "complicated" and "conservative" Germans are.

People over here love new technology and things which have to do with it - but you have to find a way to make it interesting for them!
    Germans (compared to people from the America) don't do researches on the internet for upcoming stuff.
    They just research for stuff they know they already know: "I know the iPhone, let's see when the new one comes out!"

In my opinion that's way it works over here.

One way to bring new informations to Germans is the good old way: Television (not the internet)!
    People here still trust on informations which the get from TV commercials.
    Youtube videos for Blackberry are almost "useless" for Germans.

Microsoft is doing it (almost) right these days, they do a lot of TV commercials - and people start to talk about it!
    The only thing they are missing to do is to show people what they can do with those new Windows phones - that surely would bring bigger success!
    There are also a lot of people who are thinking to switch from the "icon" iPhone to a Windows phone.

RIM has to get that and I really believe the could overtake Windows and even Android (and within a few years even Apple!)
    But RIM has to reach people over here, they have to show them the features of Blackberry!
    WhatsApp is also a BIG success - almost every smartphone user has it.
    But BBM was the first real messenger. Not long ago I was asked, what BBM is and if it's a WhatsApp copy - that is sad!
    And BBM is still the best messenger in the world!
    And when I talk about the "Playbook" - people keep asking me some "How I met your mother" stuff.

So is there a way to contact RIM or there marketing department so send them some ideas for commercials or so?

Thanks for reading that long text and for reading what's on my mind!

Best wishes,

Slash
    zyben likes this.
    01-12-13 09:54 AM
    Oh I don't know, maybe try sending an email to [email protected].
    01-12-13 10:09 AM
    Kevin is pretty "johnny-on-the-spot" in the forums.....don't know about RIMM.... don't know that you'll hear much from either, though, as I think both he and RIMM are well aware of the fact there are many people who have similar concerns about RIMM's marketing department based on their extremely poor performance in the past. I'm hopeful they have learned lessons from past FIASCOS, and on January 30th and beyond, we'll see if Frank Boulben is worth his colossal salary.
    Slash82 likes this.
    01-12-13 10:11 AM
    01-12-13 10:14 AM
    I wouldn't start panicing about Germany until after the 30th... few things:

a) Once the devices are properly announced and can be shown off... that's when RIM has the opportunity to really showcase BB10 and challenge the perceptions of people... whether in Germany or elsewhere. The current perception is tied to the current BB platform... I think you'll see great marketing from RIM's new CMO and marketing teams as BB10 ramps up.

b) Remember... Thorsten Heins IS German. I think once BB10 hits you'll see him get a big spotlight placed on him in Germany and that'll give him the opportunity to directly talk to the media.

So though there's room for big improvement based on what you're saying, I think you'll see it come...
    01-12-13 10:18 AM
    The more I read CB, the more I feel I live in a BB paradise : in Paris lots of people have BBs, all young people have BBs, when I go out for my daily coffee on a terrasse, all young and old and cool and others have BBs and I live in a good area...It must be like in fashion : Paris doesn't care about fashion and what stars do wear, Paris is fashion - Paris doesn't care that the US don't like BB anymore .

P.S. I've read a sweet passage in a recent article on "how Apple is not cool for youngsters anymore". They cite an example of Elie, 14, who asked a BB for Xmas and her uncool mom bought her an iPhone )) Apple ne serait plus une marque �cool� pour les jeunes - Le Figaro �tudiant
    Slash82 and Dapper37 like this.
    01-12-13 10:45 AM
    Kein angst Junge. Wenn dem Deutsche Volke seht wie m�chtig Blackberry 10 ist, da sind keine frage, werden sie es kaufen. Der Weg zu Deutsche Frauen and Deutsche M�nner ist die Wahrheit.
    robluck82, Slash82 and pmccartney like this.
    01-12-13 10:46 AM
    Kein angst Junge. Wenn dem Deutsche Volke seht wie m�chtig Blackberry 10 ist, da sind keine frage, werden sie es kaufen. Der Weg zu Deutsche Frauen and Deutsche M�nner ist die Wahrheit.
    Correct. Once they get a chance to see and use BB10, many sensible German people will want to buy into it.
    01-12-13 10:51 AM
    Living in Germany too, i can confirm that the OP is 100% correct.
    When i talk to people that i am making apps for BB10, they always say that i am completely crazy, RIM will die like Palm and so on. When i try to explain they are laughing. So i stopped talking about RIM. You can imagine that i am a lonely person these days, LOL.
    I don't expect RIM to get a significant marketshare in Germany.
    Seems to be completely different in UK and South-Europe...and hopefully in the rest of the world.
    Slash82 likes this.
    01-12-13 11:20 AM
    Living in Germany too, i can confirm that the OP is 100% correct.
    When i talk to people that i am making apps for BB10, they always say that i am completely crazy, RIM will die like Palm and so on. When i try to explain they are laughing. So i stopped talking about RIM. You can imagine that i am a lonely person these days, LOL.
    I don't expect RIM to get a significant marketshare in Germany.
    Seems to be completely different in UK and South-Europe...and hopefully in the rest of the world.
    In I was in Niedersachsen and a few other places for a few months at the end of 2012. All I saw was Galaxy S3 and iPhone everywhere.

My blackberry worked great with the DB app so I had all of the train schedule and knew which platform the trains came to.

Thorsten Heins is from Niedersachsen. Represent!!!!!!!!
    Slash82 likes this.
    01-12-13 12:12 PM
    I suspect you will soon be able to reuse an old Barbara Mandrell song and sing "I was Blackberry when Blackberry wasn't cool."
    01-12-13 12:22 PM
    In I was in Niedersachsen and a few other places for a few months at the end of 2012. All I saw was Galaxy S3 and iPhone everywhere.

My blackberry worked great with the DB app so I had all of the train schedule and knew which platform the trains came to.
    The stuff that surprises me more about Germany is just how many dumbphones are still being used by people there, the market is very disjointed in a lot of ways with all three carriers also having LTE rolled out.
    01-12-13 12:32 PM
    The stuff that surprises me more about Germany is just how many dumbphones are still being used by people there, the market is very disjointed in a lot of ways with all three carriers also having LTE rolled out.
    100% agree. half the people have better phones then most people here...the other half has regular old feature phones
    01-12-13 12:38 PM
    What about BlackBerry in China? That's my biggest concern. Many people like the idea of having iPhones or Samsung. I also know that many people used to have Nokia phones in the early 2000s. Now, Nokia is bringing their Windows 8 phones into the market. What will happen to BlackBerry?
    01-12-13 01:09 PM
    @OP - your enthusiasm for BlackBerry is awesome, I really enjoyed reading your post and from a German perspective.

I think RIM is well aware of the challenges they face with marketing BB10. In fact, beyond the general OS team, I would say right now the most exciting place to be within RIM would be in marketing...I can imagine with what they have to have got planned for the launch and right after, there are a lot of excited people working around the clock to make sure we ROCK AND ROLL THIS!

Personally, I can't wait to watch and see the sales numbers for different regions of the world, to see how successful the new platform is over time. I'm sure Kevin and the CB team have got that covered for us.
    Slash82 likes this.
    01-12-13 01:38 PM
    OP:

You could follow/tweet marketing folks at RIM:

Must-Follow Research In Motion People on Twitter | CrackBerry.com

PR, Marketing & Communications
    • @robinbienfait Robin Bienfait CIO
    • @HeidiDavidson Heidi Davidson Senior VP, Corporate Communications
    • @gadway Jeff Gadway Sr. Manager, BlackBerry 10 Product Marketing
    • @KiyomiRutledge Kiyomi Rutledge Public Relations Manager
    • @Patti_McK Patti McKague Director, Communications and Marketing
    • @TenilleKennedy Tenille Kennedy Philanthropy and Communications Relations
    • @BlackBerry_Amy Amy Jones Senior Director, Global Corporate Communications
    • @churley Carolyn Hurley Social Media
    • @jlpitts Jen Pitts Marketing Manager - BBM Team
    • @kerribirtch Kerri Birtch Social Media Manager
    • @melaniemasson Melanie Masson Social Media Manager
    • @Theolip Oliver Pilgerstorfer PR and Communications
    • @veronchiquita Veronica Orzechowski PR and Social Media
    • @_michaelpereira Michael Pereira Infrastructure Manager, Digital Marketing
    • @PascalRivette Pascal Rivette NOC - Communications Administrator
    magutwit and convenor like this.
    01-12-13 04:22 PM
    Translation for us laymen.. Please
    01-12-13 05:12 PM
    Translation for us laymen.. Please
    They were saying nasty things about you behind your back!
    01-12-13 05:19 PM
    Its true from what I've seen in market share doc's that RIM is a itybit player in Germany, Yet I bet they are used by bussiness types.
    Once BB10 is a rageing success the good German people will catch on. As hard as it is to KEEP waiting thats what we do. The entire situation is sure to change 180 deg after launch and into carriers hands. Thats when we will see the perception change in Garmany and China. I'm sure RIM has by now A China stratagy! And yes, I have to believe that the CEO has a Germany stratagy! I have to believe Germany will be a personal feather in TH's cap!
    OP please take up the suggestion of the twitter feeds. RIM loves enthusiasm like yours. Your sure to get some feed back!
    01-12-13 05:22 PM
    They were saying nasty things about you behind your back!
    As suspected
    mark37724 likes this.
    01-12-13 05:23 PM
    100% agree. half the people have better phones then most people here...the other half has regular old feature phones
    So you're saying that half the people have better phones then most people?! LOL
    01-12-13 05:31 PM
    I have to answer here, too.
    I am also a german BlackBerry Fan and there is a german BlackBerryCommunity called BlackBerryBase.net. It's of course not as hugh as Crackberry, but it has 12.000 visits each day and it is growing. All there are also waiting til 30th january like all BlackBerry fans around the world. And the team there is in close contact with BlackBerry Germany and EMEA, maybe not as close as crackberry far away over the ocean,but they are working on that.
    If you look on BlackBerry in Facebook you will find them there.

And to all german BlackBerry fans: you are not alone

Best wishes from the Old Land

I have heard: BB10 on playbook will have an app called Troll Zapper. One click on a troll like Super Smuckula and zapp the troll is gone. I like this app
    01-12-13 05:39 PM
    So you're saying that half the people have better phones then most people?! LOL
    Most people in north america seem to have a decent phone. Some have better then decent. Over there it seemed a higher percentage of people had a better then decent phone and the rest had an old school one. Seemed to be more extremes to meet the same average.

Its my personal observation as someone that has travelled the globe many times "LOL"
    01-12-13 05:49 PM
    Most people in north america seem to have a decent phone. Some have better then decent. Over there it seemed a higher percentage of people had a better then decent phone and the rest had an old school one. Seemed to be more extremes to meet the same average.

Its my personal observation as someone that has travelled the globe many times "LOL"
    I figured you were trying to say that but half the people can't have better phones than most when there are two groups of people. :P
    01-12-13 06:07 PM
    I figured you were trying to say that but half the people can't have better phones than most when there are two groups of people. :P
    K
    01-12-13 07:23 PM
29 12