Cory

instead of

Ali

Andy
    company name
    Bob
    company name
    Cory

I'm really OCD about the way my contact list looks and unfortunately not everyone in my contact list has jobs so it would be much nicer looking to just have it down to 1 line.
    07-05-09 08:47 PM
    put the company name as their last name or as their address?
    07-05-09 08:56 PM
    put the company name as their last name or as their address?
    That won't put it at 1 line...that will just not show the company name...I want no space in between each contact.
    07-05-09 09:45 PM
    Unfortunately the two-line format is a new feature of OS 4.5 and can't be turned off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 09:48 PM
    You can go to address book>menu>options>general options>seperators: NONE but I believe it will still show a space.
    07-05-09 09:49 PM
    hmm...well...if there's not a way to turn it off does anyone know of a good address book replacement app that will work the way I want it to?

its a bummer that you can't turn it off
    07-05-09 09:57 PM
    You could try Pocket Informant. It's a full PIM shell that sits on top of the contacts, calendar, and tasks databases. It has a limited free trial.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 10:09 PM
    hmm...i'll check it out. Thanks!
    07-05-09 10:51 PM
    what i do is put the company name where the job title should be then just separate with a - before adding their title!!

That still will not help me. I don't care about the company name...I don't want the company name or the space for it to show at all.
    07-06-09 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD